I need 1 more ADR..suggestions please?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
DH, DD (2.5 yo) and myself will be in Disney Nov 11th-17th and on the regular Disney Dining Plan. I have picked all the restaurants I want for our ADRs, but now I'm seconding guessing Liberty Tree Tavern. I selected it because the toffee cake just sounds soo good and I have never been there before, but.. we are from New England and can get pot roast and turkey all the time (plus its close to thanksgiving so..more turkey to come!) Can anyone recommend another restaurant? Below is my list of ADRs

Akershus (Dinner)
Chef Mickey (Dinner)
Cape May Cafe (Dinner)
1900 Park Fare (Dinner)
Mama Melrose (Dinner)

Bon Voyage (Breakfast)
Ohana (Breakfast) **Both out of pocket**

I would tend to agree with your second guessing LTT given you aren't all that keen on the menu other than the Toffee Cake, which is amazing, but not sure it's worth it just for that. Other considerations: Crystal Palace - pretty decent buffet and Pooh and Friends are great for young kids and it's in MK, if not leaving the park is a factor. It is another character meal and you have several already. Whispering Canyon is a really fun place to eat and the food is pretty good too. It's not in MK, but only a short and pretty enjoyable boat ride away. If you're a little bit more on the adventurous side, Skipper's Canteen in MK is a favourite of mine in that park and worth checking out.

Might I suggest trying Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. You could schedule it as a late lunch if you're trying to use it for the evening meal. It is an alacarte menu. One of our favorites. I don't particularly care for the dinner menu.

I would tend to agree with your second guessing LTT given you aren't all that keen on the menu other than the Toffee Cake, which is amazing, but not sure it's worth it just for that. Other considerations: Crystal Palace - pretty decent buffet and Pooh and Friends are great for young kids and it's in MK, if not leaving the park is a factor. It is another character meal and you have several already. Whispering Canyon is a really fun place to eat and the food is pretty good too. It's not in MK, but only a short and pretty enjoyable boat ride away. If you're a little bit more on the adventurous side, Skipper's Canteen in MK is a favourite of mine in that park and worth checking out.

I agree with all of these suggestions. I'm not a huge fan of LTT for any meal. If you want to stay in MK, I would do either Crystal Palace (for a good buffet and to see Pooh and Friends) or Skipper Canteen (for good food). If you don't mind leaving MK, I would walk over to The Wave at CR for good food or take the boat to WCC, it's super fun!

You have Ohana's for breakfast have you checked out the dinner selections? We eat there twice every vacation.

With your DD’s age I would suggest Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends in MK or Hollywood & Vine with Disney Jr. characters at HS

You have Ohana's for breakfast have you checked out the dinner selections? We eat there twice every vacation.
Yes! My husband & I went on our last visit. we found it to be A LOT of food lol and it was just for me. Maybe because i was pregnant at the time lol

Last edited:

I think with keeping a 2.5 year old entertained i would consider a character meal -- a PP mentioned crystal palace but of your list i think to see the princesses I would do Akershus, but the downside is that the food is just so so. If you are planning on fantasmic, although with a young child you might not be out that late, I would do a fantasmic dinner package at mama melrose -- the food there is good and you get a show with it. LTT still can be a good option as they do offer other items than the AYCTE -- it is actually one of the restaurants that we are most excited about going to even though it is the traditional turkey dinner (and we are from MA)

We liked Coral Reef and Chef's de France in Epcot, also really enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe last trip. This trip we are trying Garden Grill and I am looking forward to that one!

I agree with PP that Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch is very good. Different menu. We usually do this on our MK day.

Otherwise, I would avoid another buffet or character meal since you already have a few of those. Without knowing your schedule, I'd suggest one of the Disney Springs TS restaurants like Ragland Road or Homecoming, or Via Napoli at Epcot, or even Sci Fi or 50s Prime Time at DHS. Those are some our favorites, with good menus and unique themes.

If you want another character meal, go with Crystal Palace. It was decent food and great character interaction.

If you are ok with leaving MK and no character meal, we love Biergarden. If your daughter is not shy, the Om-pa Band is so much fun. They have kids (and adults) come down for dancing, the chicken dance and other fun activities. You will be seated other people, we like that! There is beer there, but it's much more about the atmosphere and the food than the beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!