I need a blender

ChrisCatino

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone:goodvibes! Long time lurker first time poster:yay: So our fabulous family is heading to the world the second week of April and I have a rather odd question that I know the good people of DIS will be able to answer. DH and I are on a strict organic diet that has worked wonders for us. The only issue is that each morning we need a smoothie to start the day. Will the hotel (CR) provide us a blender? Or will the kitchen allow us to use theirs (there is no way we can fit our personal blender in our luggage)? We cannot compromise on the smoothie diet either…HELP:worship:

I would say call the resort and see if they can accommodate you otherwise there are Wal-marts around that you could take a cab to and back if necessary. It’s that or ship it to your resort from home.

If it is just a standard blender, I would order one online from somewhere with free shipping to be there when you arrive. If it is an inexpensive one it would probably be cheaper than shipping one from home and back or even cab fare unless you need to go out anyway.

:welcome:to the Dis! I too, like the idea of having one shipped. But I would for sure call to see what if anything can be done for you at the resort. Good luck!

ETA: What about one of those small blenders like the Magic Bullet? Would that work?

Not sure, but wanted to tell you the the "Ninja" is AMAZING for smoothies!

Hi everyone:goodvibes! Long time lurker first time poster:yay: So our fabulous family is heading to the world the second week of April and I have a rather odd question that I know the good people of DIS will be able to answer. DH and I are on a strict organic diet that has worked wonders for us. The only issue is that each morning we need a smoothie to start the day. Will the hotel (CR) provide us a blender? Or will the kitchen allow us to use theirs (there is no way we can fit our personal blender in our luggage)? We cannot compromise on the smoothie diet either…HELP:worship:
Unless they are providing the food and doing the preparation, the kitchen will not be able to allow you to borrow a blender because of restaurant food safety laws.

Unless they are providing the food and doing the preparation, the kitchen will not be able to allow you to borrow a blender because of restaurant food safety laws.

I would be fine if they would prepare the smoothie. Can I just provide the ingredients?

No, as Sue said WDW would need to provide the food-outside food is not allowed

Hmm, this is going to be quite the discussion in our home. I guess I didn’t really plan this one out.:confused3 I don’t want to break this diet but it seems like such a hassle to buy and ship the blender and ingredients for 8 days.

Does anyone know if Disney will customize a menu to dietary wants?

Hmm, this is going to be quite the discussion in our home. I guess I didn’t really plan this one out.:confused3 I don’t want to break this diet but it seems like such a hassle to buy and ship the blender and ingredients for 8 days.

Does anyone know if Disney will customize a menu to dietary wants?

They can but only to a certain point. Don't think they are not going to order in special organic ingredients. They can only work with what they have on hand and only I think the Wave advertises organic anything.

Have you looked at some of the small handheld blenders like a stick blender?

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...sa=1&q=stick+blender&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m3&aql=&oq=

Or the magic bullet?

Are you using a grocery delivery service? If so, see if they can pick up a blender with your order.

A stick/immersion blender should be easily accommodated in your luggage; many of those comes with cups specifically for making shakes and smoothies. Not as easy as whipping up a big batch in a full-sized pitcher-style blender, but its something.

No idea how you're planning on getting the ingredients though. :)

Check with the grocery delivery services like Garden Grocer. Order your ingredients from them (ask if they can get you the organic stuff you desire) and see if they can put a blender in too. Or do an immersion blender that will fit in your suitcase.

I think the blender is the least of your worries. As others have posted, how are you getting the food to WDW? Also are all your meals this special diet?

I'm thinking some of it has to be refrigerated or at least kept at a normal room temp.

While GG may be able to help you, I'm thinking this diet probably has some special ingredients that may not be found in the stores they buy from.

On the GG site I did find like 170 organic items. Some were baby food though.

I couldn't even imagine anywhere at Disney preparing food for you that you did not purchase on their property.

You can't bring food in even if you bought it on property.

There was a long semi heated thread concerning just storing a birthday cake bought on property in the kitchen for a party at I think at Chef Mickeys.

The kitchen would not take it. They had to take it to the front desk of the CR and use their fridge because I guess its not regulated by health regs. :confused3

Say, is that organic popcorn you have there? May I have some?:lmao:

Seriously, OP, I know it's way too late probably and I don't know where you're coming from so logistically it may not work but it may be easier to drive to Disney so you can bring the things you need and save the plane tickets for another trip. If I had to stay on the special diet I think that's what I would do!:goodvibes

I guess in my excitement in planning our trip I forgot the crucial step of eating. I checked GG and they do have some items that we eat each morning. My DH is a routine guy so I am hoping we can make this work for him. He has lost a good 75lbs on my smoothie diet and I just don’t want him to fall off the wagon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter