I need a blender

I have no idea. The phone system routed me to a rep and then onto what they called "central kitchen."

So you were routed to a place that you don't know the location, or even if it's a place that really exists on Disney property, and you're good with bringing them your stuff?

Ummm.....ok.......

Where is 'central kitchen'?

I've never heard of that either.

Maybe it something new or maybe it's something somebody in a call center in Texas is making up so the OP will get thier issue resolved and be happy. ;) well happy till they show up and ask for central kitchen.............

I take my magic bullet every trip....except mine is not for smoothies, its for my pina coladas. It is really small and handy and is great! I have had it for 3 years with no issues ever. I really recommend that you take one with you, it is small and does not use a lot of space at all!

I spoke with the Manager at the “central kitchen” which I am not sure what or where that is. He said they would be very happy to help and just bring what we need and they can take care of the rest.

Also on a side note I googled the magic bullet and let’s just say it is not what I thought it was. It appears there is a blending device and a device for ladies. Lesson learned – be careful with google.

:scared1::lmao::lmao: I hope your child wasn't in the room!

Seriously, the blender version of the Magic Bullet is awesome. We do a bunch of protein shakes and have traveled with ours as well.

I spoke with the Manager at the “central kitchen” which I am not sure what or where that is. He said they would be very happy to help and just bring what we need and they can take care of the rest.

Also on a side note I googled the magic bullet and let’s just say it is not what I thought it was. It appears there is a blending device and a device for ladies. Lesson learned – be careful with google.

Do not count on that answer. Sorry, but it doesn't make sense. It's my understanding that a restaurant kitchen couldn't take outside ingredients & cook them for you. (or blend them, in this case). I'd bring my own blender & ingredients and do it myself.

I try to eat organic whenever possible, but I really don't think a week off is going to make that huge of a difference.

I would pack whatever I needed if it was that important to me and not count on anyone doing me a personal favor by taking my ingredients and making my food while paying customers are waiting. :confused3

I think it's great that he has lost the weight, but it IS vacation.... right?

We have dealt with the Disney Dining people many MANY times due to our son's food allergies.
You can't bring your own food into a restaurant and ask them to do ANYTHING with it. Nuke it, blend it, smile at it. It just can't go in. There are laws prohibiting it.

The idea of their central kitchen saying not to worry is a nice way of saying, "Lady, we have a coupla million folks meandering in and out of these restaurants every year. We don't have time to sit here on the phone over this. You show up at a restaurant and we'll be happy to throw some stuff into a blender for you to drink. Just make sure you pick something we actually have at our restaurant, or you will wait a good long time while we hunt and peck for it at nearby restaurants."

You might get lucky and find a few organic things in each building. But you might not either.

I don't think anyone will be set back much, however, if your yogurt, banana, mango, peanut butter, spinach shake is organic or not, right?

This amazes me... I've lost 60+ pounds through diet and exercise, and I'd NEVER expect a kitchen in WDW to bend over backwards to make some sort of organic nutritional shake for me.

It's vacation- practicing some self restraint is probably something ANYONE could benefit from, because like any other fad diet, the majority of people cannot remain on a shake diet their entire life.

This amazes me... I've lost 60+ pounds through diet and exercise, and I'd NEVER expect a kitchen in WDW to bend over backwards to make some sort of organic nutritional shake for me.

It's vacation- practicing some self restraint is probably something ANYONE could benefit from, because like any other fad diet, the majority of people cannot remain on a shake diet their entire life.

I was just about to post this exact same thing, lol. I've lost almost 40 lbs since Jan '10 and never once have a drank any magic smoothie. I wouldn't ask any restaurant to accommodate my "wants". Leave that for the people who NEED special meals (allergies, diabetics, etc...) MOO, of course.

Do not count on that answer. Sorry, but it doesn't make sense. It's my understanding that a restaurant kitchen couldn't take outside ingredients & cook them for you. (or blend them, in this case). I'd bring my own blender & ingredients and do it myself.

I agree!:thumbsup2 Bring your own blender and do it yourself in the room because I would NOT count on that at all!!!

I wish I had your resolve. I know I'd feel better on my trip if I started my day with a green smoothie. Now I"m thinking magic bullet, greengrocer delivery of some spinach and kale and aespetic boxes of almond milk (won't take up as much room in mini-fridge and doesn't need to be refriderated til open) and some fresh fruit from lounge (we're staying Poly club level). What a great idea. Glad I (I mean you) thought of it. :yay:

On a side note, my kids and I drink a green smoothie every morning. Basically because my kids are crappy eaters and I want to make sure they have at least some fruits and veggies through out the day. WHen I took a look at the Disney menus, I shuddered to think of what they are going to be eating. Although my husband is going to flip over it, I am really going to try to implement this for our September trip.

Since this thread has become a general discussion of how to eat healthy at WDW, I've moved it to the Eating Healthy board. :)

Since this thread has become a general discussion of how to eat healthy at WDW, I've moved it to the Eating Healthy board. :)

Healthy Eating Forum :scared1::confused::scared1:

Well then I'm out a here.

I don't want to be a part such a subversive forum. Why is it even here? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!