I need a new board game

Brought back some great memories and a now funny memory of my brother hitting me with the board after I broke a verbal treaty to not attack him. I grew up in a neighborhood where our porches served as gatherings for board games. Since it was all males who played them, we were into war games.

Risk - often made "fruit loops" of the plastic pieces when someone lost badly.
Axis & Allies - My all-time favorite.
Stratego - one of our neighbors, would purposely drop his own piece so I could see it only to have me close my eyes so he could replace it after looking where my flag was.
Diplomacy - this one induced face slapping's.
Luftwaffe - too complex to play but loved the board layout and pieces.

One of my favorites is Betrayal at House on the Hill. It's a great game for smaller groups (I think it goes up to 6 players?) and has great replayability

I don't play any of these games but the teens/adults in our family seem to enjoy (and spend many hours playing them):

Ticket To Ride
Carcassonne
Catan

We got the Target version of Life over Christmas - it is surprisingly good.

I've never had any luck with any of the Disney themed games. It's like they thought just slapping a Disney sticker on it would make it entertaining - it does not. We especially hated "Toy Story Obstacles and Adventures" - a cooperative game that is just dull out of the box. Only exception would be the Disney Trivial Pursuit games - those are good.

My son got us interested in the new verison of Dark Tower. Orginal came out in the 80s or 90s.

It sounds like you have some awesome memories attached to board games from your childhood. Games like Risk, Axis & Allies, and Stratego bring back nostalgic moments for many of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter