I need a new book series

As others have mentioned, Outlander is outstanding.

Jennifer Worth's, Call of the Midwife (3 total) is excellent.
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Call-Midwife-Stories-Collection/dp/B00FZVMDFE
These are her actual stories while working in a very poor area in London, starting in the 1950's. She delivers babies, but these books are so much more. You will laugh, cry, feel like you were punched in the stomach, and keep telling yourself "truth is stranger than fiction".....

Have you read the Earths Children’s series, starting with Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel? It’s an epic work of prehistoric fiction about prehistoric times. I remember someone recommending it and thinking that I’d hate it. I read it years ago, along with everyone else in my office, and I was stunned that I couldn’t put the books down. It’s a series of six big books. She’s an amazing storyteller!

I enjoyed Temeraire too, and sorry to hear Outlander is ending. Surely there are more generations to cover?

I am over Vampires, werewolves etc. Still like witches and wizards, but time travel and dystopian are probably my current faves. Some that maybe weren't mentioned:

Kingfountain series by Jeff Wheeler
The Chronicles of St. Mary's by Jodi Wheeler
The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin
Wool series by Hugh Howley
Crazy Rich Asians trilogy (not any of the above genres, but I loved it!)

I enjoyed Temeraire too, and sorry to hear Outlander is ending. Surely there are more generations to cover?

I have seen Diana tweet that there will at least one more book after "Go Tell The Bees That I am Gone"

Wow, what wonderful ideas, thanks OP. I, too, have picked up some new authors to try. I like series too. I am into murder mysteries/thrillers/with some romance. I love Karin Slaughter's Will Trent series.
I love Karin Slaughter! Did you read the Grant County Books? Sarah's life before she met Will Trent.

I love Karin Slaughter! Did you read the Grant County Books? Sarah's life before she met Will Trent.

Yes, I've read some of them. I'll have to find the others. If you liked Karin Slaughter I bet you'd like Preston/Child's series on their quirky and mysterious hero, Aloysius Pendergast. It has some paranormal and "monsters" in the books, but lots of fun.:)

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is my favorite
I really liked the Hangman's Daughters series by Oliver Potzsch
Ken Follett's Pillars of The Earth is another good one.

Right now I'm re-reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I read up to 14 in the past but stopped.
These make good summer weekend and beach reads so I'm hoping to get through them all by the time it's over.

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is my favorite
I really liked the Hangman's Daughters series by Oliver Potzsch
Ken Follett's Pillars of The Earth is another good one.

Right now I'm re-reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I read up to 14 in the past but stopped.
These make good summer weekend and beach reads so I'm hoping to get through them all by the time it's over.

I had read the original Pillars book and found it fascinating. So you found the sequels to be good too? I may have to reread the first and add the newer ones too now!

The Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear is one of my favorites. Also the Inspector Gamache novels set in Three Pines by Louise Penney. Also the Father Anselm series by William Broderick.

I had read the original Pillars book and found it fascinating. So you found the sequels to be good too? I may have to reread the first and add the newer ones too now!

I did. If you read the first one I would definitely recommend reading the rest.

For those who enjoyed the Outlander series (I did, too) might I suggest the Poldark series by Winston Graham. It’s also very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter