I need a new book series

Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child
Arcane Society Novels by Jayne Castle/Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick (same author, she writes under different names if it's historical, modern, or futuristic)

There are other mystery novels I enjoy as well...
Women's Murder Club by James Patterson (already mentioned above)
Joanne Fluke writes murder mystery novels with a protagonist (Hannah) who is a baker
Laura Childs writes murder mystery novels with a protagonist who has a tea shop in Charleston
There was a great series about the Pennsylvania Dutch (forgot the protagonist's name) but the gal stopped writing a few years ago.

I used to enjoy Johanna Lindsey's Malory family novels.

Robert B. Parker's Spenser novels are good too (most of them)...

Since you mentioned Fifty Shades you might like the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day.

And if you haven't read them already Grey and Darker which are the books as told by Christian perspective. I am hoping she does Freed too but so far nothing.

I don’t think they necessarily fit with the other series you’ve read, but I’ve enjoyed the Travis McGee series by John D. MacDonald (@low-key, you would love it) and any Jeeves and Wooster book by P.G. Wodehouse.

There are other mystery novels I enjoy as well...
Women's Murder Club by James Patterson (already mentioned above)
Joanne Fluke writes murder mystery novels with a protagonist (Hannah) who is a baker
Laura Childs writes murder mystery novels with a protagonist who has a tea shop in Charleston
There was a great series about the Pennsylvania Dutch (forgot the protagonist's name) but the gal stopped writing a few years ago.

I used to enjoy Johanna Lindsey's Malory family novels.

Robert B. Parker's Spenser novels are good too (most of them)...

I read the Hannah Swenson who is a baker, particularly cookies
And Jack Reacher. Those are fun. DH reads them also

I haven't tried any of them yet!

I've photocopied a bunch, but actually tried very few so far. You need to cut the amounts unless you're making them for a huge party or something, though, as they are printed for big batches the way they'd be made in the bakery.

One young adult series that I really liked (and are quick reads) is the 'Dreamhouse Kings' series by Robert Liparulo.

On a more adult level:
Karin Slaughter--Grant County series or Will Trent series
Lisa Gardner
Alex Kava
Sallie Bissell
Allison Brennan
All those have series.
Then there are the alphabet books by Sue Grafton (Kinsey Milhone series)

No one has mentioned, but there is a thread for a Reading Challenge on disboards that has lots & lots of books read & reviews.

I mostly gravitate to young adult fantasy or dystopian fiction even though I'm a 42 year old mom. :teeth: One of my favorite's is the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. It's a fantasy trilogy and each book is loosely based on a fairytale. The first is based on Beauty and the Beast, the second Hades and Persiphone and the third Snow White. Also by Sarah J. Maas is the Throne of Glass series and this comes in a close second to the first series I mentioned. It's just so good!

LOVED these books! Such well written and engrossing characters and storylines. I’m a 32 year old and also gravitate towards young adult if I’m looking for fiction!

Also recommend Kendare Blake’s Three Dark Crowns series and Stephanie Garber’s Caraval trilogy. Both have been really good so far!

If you like mystery, I’ve always been a huge fan of classic Sherlock Holmes. Tons of stories that will keep you reading for awhile. I probably go back yearly and reread!

LOVED these books! Such well written and engrossing characters and storylines. I’m a 32 year old and also gravitate towards young adult if I’m looking for fiction!

Also recommend Kendare Blake’s Three Dark Crowns series and Stephanie Garber’s Caraval trilogy. Both have been really good so far!

If you like mystery, I’ve always been a huge fan of classic Sherlock Holmes. Tons of stories that will keep you reading for awhile. I probably go back yearly and reread!

LOVED Caraval! Just finished Finale and was so sad that it finally came to an end. Her writing style is so creative and almost has a Alice in Wonderland feel to it.

I'm currently reading the Shatter Me series and have been wondering why I never started it sooner! So good!

Wow, what wonderful ideas, thanks OP. I, too, have picked up some new authors to try. I like series too. I am into murder mysteries/thrillers/with some romance. I love Karin Slaughter's Will Trent series. Suzanne Brockman's early romances and Navy Seal Series of troubleshooters is fantastic!!
For more detective based books, you can't beat Michael Connelly whose main eccentric character is Bosch. I love eccentric main characters.
I have not seen Preston/Child's Pendergast serie mentioned on here yet! They are excellent with part strange events and mystery. Pendergast is also the strangest of my cast of eccentric characters :)

Thanks for this thread and have fun reading!

If you like Fantasy check out the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. The first book is His Majesty's Dragon.

I would recommend The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. It's a great fantasy series with tons of books and spin-offs, so you wouldn't have to worry about running out of reading material for a while. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater is a great trilogy and has a Twilight feel to it if that's interesting to you. Finally, any books by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses and Throne of Glass) are fantastic and I cannot recommend them enough. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter