I NEED a trip to DL.

AZMickeyfans

DIS Veteran
I sooooo need a trip to DL.

After going back to Kansas City for 3 days this weekend to visit my sick Grandma I'm really depressed. She is clearly dying and hardly recognized me. They say it's doubtful she will get out of the hospital so we packed up her house to sell it. It was so sad. I cried the whole plane ride home last night. Now I'm a little sick from the change of weather because it was in the 20's and freezing there. I'm blue:sad1:

I think I need a dose of Disney to cheer me up. Anyone in with me?

I see I have a ton of posts to read. I have to catch up!:surfweb:

I hope all my DIS DL board friends had a great weekend! I missed you guys!

Shawna:cool2:

Yes you absolutely need one!!! Meet me there next weekend!!! Sorry to hear about your Grandma, we packed up my Grandma's house in Michigan a few years ago for the very same reasons.

I was wondering where you were, we definitely missed ya!! Just keep plannin your March trip and all will be okay!!

Andrea

Sorry to hear about your Grandma -

I am glad you made it back safely from the freezing weather - and we did welcome you back with some freezing weather here too!

We actually decided against our March trip - but we are going during fall break - and we booked our hotel for nearly half price to the GCH - if you can hold off that long - I know your kids won't be in school then!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma.
I was just thinking about my last trip and how much I want to go again. I went with my 20 yr daughter who is now living in NYC, and I just miss her so much. Remembering our Disney trip makes me smile and I can't wait to do it again.
My thoughts are with your family.:grouphug:

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( A trip to DL isn't a bad idea ya know. ;)

Went through something similar a few years back. My mom had cared for my grandmother off and on for years, and it got quite hectic towards the end. When grandma passed, we all flew back up to WI for the funeral on mom's dime. She refused to let me pay my own way up there, so when I got back to AZ, I tweaked my existing DL vacation plan to include my parents. Dh, I, and the kids drove, because we always drive. But for them I booked a flight, got them a hotel room, and park tickets. They needed it, especially my mom. And it was my way of being able to reimburse her, plus served as a combination birthday and Christmas present for them. It was a nice, relaxing, just......different......sort of DL trip.

Get to packing – you need it more than most of us! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sorry you had such a sad weekend.

Well we missed you too and I'm so sad to hear about your weekend. I think we've all been there and I won't tell you my sad story because I don't think it will make you feel better but a Disneytrip would likely be just the thing that would. As soon as you step onto the walkway towards the disneyparks and you hear the disney music playing into your soul I know you'll soon be feeling a little more chipper. I say spend your savings, what the heck, and go have a good time in the land of Disney.

Ahhh thanks guys! :grouphug: You are all great! I'm feeling better just reading the DIS and catching up.

I took my Grandma to DL for her 70th birthday. She is 81 now. She had never been. She was getting her shoulder replaced the day after we got back. It was funny because she had this "balls to the wall" attitude. when she read the Indi was a pretty jerky ride she said, "Well, lets give those DR's something to really work on" and she went on it. She went on everything there. All the big rides. We were shocked and proud of her. That is one of my best memories of her.

Dh is trying to figure out when I can go next. I need to get on dd's dance studio to try to pin down a date for their show there. I had decided not to get our passes renewed til then. I might not be able to wait!

Ahhh thanks guys! :grouphug: You are all great! I'm feeling better just reading the DIS and catching up.

I took my Grandma to DL for her 70th birthday. She is 81 now. She had never been. She was getting her shoulder replaced the day after we got back. It was funny because she had this "balls to the wall" attitude. when she read the Indi was a pretty jerky ride she said, "Well, lets give those DR's something to really work on" and she went on it. She went on everything there. All the big rides. We were shocked and proud of her. That is one of my best memories of her.

Dh is trying to figure out when I can go next. I need to get on dd's dance studio to try to pin down a date for their show there. I had decided not to get our passes renewed til then. I might not be able to wait!

That is entirely too sweet, what a wonderful memory to have of her. She sounds like a great woman.

Alright, so next weekend meet me there. It's a date!! Now do you mean that DD's dance studio is doing a show in DL? I need to change DD's dance studio then, she has been there 3 years and we never do anything fun like that!!!

Andrea

I could use a trip! Unfortunatly, mine is more then likely postponed because my mom is ill. I can't leave her until I know she's going to make it.

We've taken my MIL/FIL three times. They are in their 70's. They'll go on just about everything! The last trip FIL was 76 and a little more tired, and didnt do as much. They were planning on going with us in April. They are 75 and 78 now. We were going to take my mom as well. But, I dont think she'll be up to going, even if she survives. I think this is going to knock her for a pretty good loop. She's only 67.

What a fabulous woman your Grandmother is and how lucky you are to have her in your life. I love her attitude. And how special that you got to experience your Grandmother's first trip with her. Its hard to lose the ones we love but we never really lose them , they are that whisper in your heart thats forever with you. God Bless you, your family and your wonderful Grandmother. Keep planning your DL trip we need something bright and beautiful to focus on when we are going through a dark time.

I was in Phoenix over the weekend packing up my parents house, but it wasn't due to illness. Just the stress of packing is enough to send me to DL, to do it for such a sad reason is excuse enough to GO SOON, and plan a very special event in her honor! Pick something she loved, or something she wanted to do, or somewhere she wanted to eat, and DO IT!!

My Nanny lived until 90 1/2, and was still talking about getting a piece of this hot male nurse days before she died! I can appreciate the awesome woman your Grandma must be. If I'm anywhere close to right, she'd want you to LIVE IT UP in her honor! Shake off the blues and HEAD TO DL!!!

Seriously...:grouphug: hugs and prayers.
Now, pick a date...

What a fabulous woman your Grandmother is and how lucky you are to have her in your life. I love her attitude. And how special that you got to experience your Grandmother's first trip with her. Its hard to lose the ones we love but we never really lose them , they are that whisper in your heart thats forever with you. God Bless you, your family and your wonderful Grandmother. Keep planning your DL trip we need something bright and beautiful to focus on when we are going through a dark time.

That was Beautiful.........thank you

My sympathies to you , we lost my bother in law Saturday , and even though it was expected it is so hard to see my niece lose her dad. I took my boys to DL 3 weeks after my dad passed and I tell you it was so good for them to get away! DL can lift the spirts , it should be called therapy!

My sympathies to you , we lost my bother in law Saturday , and even though it was expected it is so hard to see my niece lose her dad. I took my boys to DL 3 weeks after my dad passed and I tell you it was so good for them to get away! DL can lift the spirts , it should be called therapy!

Jemilah, so sorry to hear about your BIL. Even when it is expected it's still hard. I agree, Disney is my therapy and an AP is cheap compared to therapy bills.

Andrea

Yes you absolutely need one!!! Meet me there next weekend!!! Andrea

hey girlfriend....Im so sorry about your gm...but yeah you should come down and meet me and matterhorn over there...we can act goofy together...everybody will be saying " oh man those Disers are at it again":lmao:

You guys are the BEST. Thanks for the beautiful and kind words. Sounds like I'm not the only one who needs :grouphug: and a trip to DL. I appreciate everyword and it really meant a lot to me.

We should have a huge DL party.

Thanks for everything. Everyone is AWESOME!!! I'm feeling like my witty self tonight.

When I lost my dad very suddenly 2 years ago we had a DL trip planned 2 months later. We decided to add on the extended family and we had had the best and most theraputic trip. We kept laughing at memories of my dad in the Park. He wasn't a DL man but when he got inside he was a kid again. It really helped us.

Ok so when I was writing this dd came in and said "mom, we have an emergency. It's about poop and Jake" :rotfl2: Well life is always funny and unpredictable even in sad times.

Shawna

hey girlfriend....Im so sorry about your gm...but yeah you should come down and meet me and matterhorn over there...we can act goofy together...everybody will be saying " oh man those Disers are at it again":lmao:

Are you guys meeting up next week? OHHHH man I'm tempted. How much fun would that be. Take pictures!!!

And Patti you were in Phoenix? Well, I wasn't here but if I was I would have taken you out for a :drinking1 !

Andrea, yes dd is suppose to be dancing at DL. Origionally it was over Presidents day weekend but they postponed because the director forgot to send in the audition tape. Kinda glad. I hate Presidents day weekend at DL. We should be finding out soon. They said March or April. We had decided not to go back to DL until she dances because we have to throw down the AP chunk of change again. They expired after we went in Nov. We are trying to save after Christmas to get them again. I might have to go before she dances. hmmmmm

TwingleMum. You almost made me cry. In a good way! Thanks for those kind beautiful words.

Are you guys meeting up next week? OHHHH man I'm tempted. How much fun would that be. Take pictures!!!

::yes:: man I should have taken pics with spazzyjazzy too...Albort and I took one in Buzz but for some reason it never came to my email addy...well I will get him this time around;) thats a good idea...but seriously you should come:yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter