I need an autograph book for WDW ...

Easto

Mouseketeer
Last time we went to WDW we bought our daughter this book:

17445591.jpg

There is nothing wrong with this book, but I would like something different this time around.

I need two books, my girls are 4 and 6 years old.

I see some people buy this one:

61VUdBHgcYL._AC_UL320_SR234,320_.jpg

Is this something you would suggest, or something else?

With the Disney Encyclopedia are pretty much all the characters you will meet in the park featured in the book?

If not, are there black pages to add the extra autographs?

I am trying to put a surprise package together for my girls so we can give them the good news about our upcoming trip in 42 days :D

We bought a version of this book, bought heavy cardstock to use as blank pages for the autographs, and had it cut and spiral-bound at staples. It looked really good but was heavy to carry around. Our children still cherish it and we sometimes read a few of the pages at night in place of a bedtime story. It all boils down to personal preference I guess. Last year we used a spiral book of index cards with the perforated edges so that we could tear the autographs out and put them into a photo album with the corresponding picture underneath. This year we will likely let them carry a plain journal sort of book and let them decorate their own covers. Whatever you choose, enjoy your trip!

I think I have read that some people make them on shutterfly, etc... as well.

I stopped doing books because I hated to carry them around and now we do hats and the characters sign that and I just have to carry a sharpie as the kids wear the hats.

I also did a photo mat and planned to carry it around as well but after carefully bringing it to Chef Mickeys our first night I decided against that and we took the monorail over from the Poly.

If you have a stroller and don't mind the extra weight of the books then go for it, just make sure you book mark the character pages.

We have used the encyclopedia the past two trips, and plan to bring it again this year. It's fun to see how many we can get during the trip (but at times exasperating - princess meal and we forgot to have Aurora sign?!). I've also brought several Little Golden Books - for example, had Tink, Hook, and Peter sign the Peter Pan book, Anna and Elsa sign the Frozen one, etc. Yes, books are heavy, but it's fun to have them pull out a story and see the autographs.

I've never been a big fan of the autograph books, but still want some on my trips. So I have gone for fun / memorable items. Like a cap or a souvenir bought on the first day. That's easy to carry and of course easy to write on with the characters big white gloves! :teeth:

:tinker:

Last time I used the autograph pages from the Creative DISigns board and made my own spiral bound with tabs and a table of contents. The characters LOVED them. But they were like carrying around 2 phone books (may have gone overboard on the inclusion of the characters). This time around I think I'm going to do pillow cases with an embroidery hoop and carry those in a Ziploc bag with the markers (either Sharpies or fabric markers). Or maybe a photo mat. Haven't decided. But I think the kids would love to sleep on a pillowcase of autographs and remember their trip.

We use a Disney Classics Collection Storybook and have the characters sign on the title page for their story. Characters without a story sign in the blank pages in the front and back.

It is heavy, but not terribly so. Moreover, it is line/car entertainment as we can read from it, and once back at home it reminds us of our trips every time we pull it out for story time.

We've used it on 3 trips now and use a different color pen for each one (though some characters have their own pens or stamps that throw off the color coding).

Have you looked on etsy? The lady I bought from has a large variety of different design covers, personalizes it, it's spiral bound, and the inside is all blank pages. It's about 3 x 5 inches. What I loved most about it though (besides the cute animal print design) is that it came with a disney world ink pen and a small matching cross body bag to carry it in. My daughter loved carrying it around and still uses the bag! It was around $15.

We are getting the memory maker package (plus taking our own photos) so I am taking plain white index cards and various colored sharpies. I'll have the cards signed then upload them, cropping out the white background, and pasting them onto the character photo with my daughter and add some wording to tell a story or remind her of something that happened. I'll also scan some of her paper "souvenirs" and include them as well. I'll have the book printed at Artscow.com most likely, because I like their design center. As she looks at the book over the years, it will be more fun because she's in it. Her book will only include the characters she did get to meet. Since there is more she won't meet, this keeps us from carrying around unnecessary pages and easy to get ready in case we happen to stumble upon a character with only a second to spare.

We are bringing pillowcases this year for our kids autograph collection. A piece of cardboard and some binder clips and the characters have a surface to write on. I also bought white clipboards and will have the characters autograph that for me (I never usually do autographs but thought this would be a fun addition to my classroom materials).

I've done the photo mats and they look so awesome with a great picture (my then 3 year old son looking up at Mickey with awe...tears every time). I would recommend getting the oversized ziploc bags to keep it in. We also only took this to character meals.

Last time we went to WDW we bought our daughter this book:

17445591.jpg

There is nothing wrong with this book, but I would like something different this time around.

I need two books, my girls are 4 and 6 years old.

I see some people buy this one:

61VUdBHgcYL._AC_UL320_SR234,320_.jpg

Is this something you would suggest, or something else?

With the Disney Encyclopedia are pretty much all the characters you will meet in the park featured in the book?

If not, are there black pages to add the extra autographs?

I am trying to put a surprise package together for my girls so we can give them the good news about our upcoming trip in 42 days :D

Definitely get the book. Going in November and we just yesterday bought this book for autographs from Chapters. Though we bought the one that was updated after Frozen came out. Book is amazing for autographs, only thing is there is no Big Hero 6 or Inside Out characters, that would make it perfect.

There are a few blank pages. Front and back cover are just blank red pages, then you have a single red sheet (back/front) after the front cover and again before the back cover. If you count those you have 6 blank red pages you could get autographs on.

dSZDk3t.jpg

qZbVfBq.jpg

E8fzQWW.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to do pillow cases with an embroidery hoop

I bought some canvas re-usable grocery bags and was going to have the characters sign those. Do you think I'll need an embroidery hoop to help them sign? I was wondering if they would have trouble signing the bags...

[/ATTACH]348636[/ATTACH] The Disney Shop parks app has this one for sale:

Attachments

• 8D765193-F5F9-4ED4-845F-6B418142AC68.png
    8D765193-F5F9-4ED4-845F-6B418142AC68.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 5
My kids have gone enough they are kind of over autographs at this point. We have done the standard book, pillowcases, squares to make a quilt, etc. One option that I did like that you may be able to do if you have been before ... I made a shutterfly book of previous times that they had met the characters and then had the character sign by themselves on the current trip ... with blank pages in the back for additional characters.

I am making autograph books for my DNs. I bought cheap photo albums with sleeves for 1picture per page. I will put in blank notecards for characters to sign and they can put their picture with the character on the other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter