I need any annual pass information

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! I am posting a lot lately because we are really trying to get our ducks in a row before booking my mom and dad's rv spot August 1st. My mom is flying to see my sister this weekend and she will be able to explain things face to face to her. For some reason my parents are becoming very difficult to plan with. It is like it is too overwhelming to them. They are only 70 this year but we are seeing so much change. It is easier to have things straight and not confuse them.

Our trip is Dec 13-22, 2019. We can book their site on Aug 1, 2017 (499 days out). Since Star Wars is opening and it is December we are assuming RV sites will book fast. My sister and I are all sharing a VRBO. That is already booked too. Last time we went my sister and her husband stayed with my mom and dad so we could get parking free to the parks with her vehicle and a few other perks.

This time they will not. So, I am exploring at least one with an annual pass. I have never done an annual pass. My husband is military and we do have AAA.

I just looked and the Platinum AP is $808.00 on AAA. I believe that might be a better price than military. On the military site it says Platinum AP is $857.00.

I just read that someone stated that the AP pretty are good to you activate them. They said that there is not expiration date or price increase that you must pay on these. Can anyone vouch for this?

Also, I have read parking free and some restaurant discounts (more if you get Keys to the Kingdom). Are their no counter service discounts?

We would like to go to MVMCP but it appears they are choosing December dates for AP, DVC or Military anymore?

The photopass free would be a plus.

Is there any other benefits that I am not thinking of?

Sorry to bother!
Thank you!
Carrie

Hey guys! I am posting a lot lately because we are really trying to get our ducks in a row before booking my mom and dad's rv spot August 1st. My mom is flying to see my sister this weekend and she will be able to explain things face to face to her. For some reason my parents are becoming very difficult to plan with. It is like it is too overwhelming to them. They are only 70 this year but we are seeing so much change. It is easier to have things straight and not confuse them.

Our trip is Dec 13-22, 2019. We can book their site on Aug 1, 2017 (499 days out). Since Star Wars is opening and it is December we are assuming RV sites will book fast. My sister and I are all sharing a VRBO. That is already booked too. Last time we went my sister and her husband stayed with my mom and dad so we could get parking free to the parks with her vehicle and a few other perks.
I think you mean Aug. 1, 2018.

So, I am exploring at least one with an annual pass. I have never done an annual pass. My husband is military and we do have AAA.

I just looked and the Platinum AP is $808.00 on AAA. I believe that might be a better price than military. On the military site it says Platinum AP is $857.00.
Does the AAA price include tax? Tax on $808 would bring the cost up to $860.52. Make sure that you are looking at NEW Platinum APs and not the renewal rate (which is $806 before taxes). The price for a NEW Platinum AP is $849 + 6.5% sales tax. I don't know of anywhere that offers APs at a discount unless you are a FL resident or DVC owner. However, military has its own pricing. Just make sure that you are comparing apples to apples.

I just read that someone stated that the AP pretty are good to you activate them. They said that there is not expiration date or price increase that you must pay on these. Can anyone vouch for this?
The vouchers have expiration dates that are in the year 2030. APs purchased at the theme parks are activated the day that they are purchased unless you specifically ask for a voucher (and then re-visit a ticket booth or guest services when you wish to activate it). If the voucher has not expired, you do not have to pay extra if there has been a price increase.

Also, I have read parking free and some restaurant discounts (more if you get Keys to the Kingdom). Are their no counter service discounts?
Free parking at the theme parks. Some TS restaurant discounts. No QS discounts. Some merchandise discounts and discounts on water park tickets. Keys to the Kingdom is not a current discount program. It is the name of a tour that is offered at the MK.

We would like to go to MVMCP but it appears they are choosing December dates for AP, DVC or Military anymore?
There are DVC and AP holder discounts for select MVMCP dates. That has always been the case. You must own DVC or have an AP to purchase online. DVC owners can also call Member Services to make the purchase.

The photopass free would be a plus.

Is there any other benefits that I am not thinking of?

Sorry to bother!
Thank you!
Carrie
Free Memory Maker is a plus if you were going to pay for it anyway. APs are good thru one year following the day that they were activated. So if you go 12/13/18 and activated your AP that day, it will be valid up to and including 12/13/19. You can get as many visits in during that one year period as you have time for.

Keep in mind that AP benefits can and do change regularly. That free parking benefit could be rescinded. Free Memory Maker could become a memory. Merchandise and dining discounts can be removed, restricted or diminished. The only thing that is guaranteed is admission to the parks for one full year.

Ok this is what happens when I am working and posting at the same time ug! so sorry!

Keys to the Kingdom...I know it is a tour but for some reason it came to my head and I typed it! I was talking about the Tables in Wonderland! Oops!

I did complete the almost purchase on AAA. It wouldn't just give you the total without almost checking out. AAA is $861 after tax so just $4 more than military!

Also I meant to say that for military, AP and DVC they don't offer discounted days in December so I believe that will not be a bonus unless that changes too!

It is good to know that there is no expiration until 2030! I have 4 not-little kids and 6 people tickets is a lot! So, I thought I might start buying a little early!

Thank you for the information! The counter service and expiration date were my biggest questions.

I guess that is pretty much all the discounts that we would use (if they are still available).

Carrie

I'm considering turning my 5day pass into a AP. I thought that there were discounts on QS.

Our trip is Dec 13-22, 2019. We can book their site on Aug 1, 2017 (499 days out).

I think it's 499 days from check-out - you might want to confirm that. It would be 10 days later.

I have 4 not-little kids and 6 people tickets is a lot!

Is the main purpose of the AP to get free parking? And maybe a few discounts? Check the max people covered for a discount (dining, MVMCP, etc.) - you probably don't need to purchase APs for the whole party. Maybe just a couple. Unless the AP would actually be used on another vacation during the year (before or after the Dec.2019 trip).

Also be aware that an AP only allows 7 days of FP+ unless the guest has an onsite reservation - it sounds like your immediate family and your sister plan to be offsite.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm considering turning my 5day pass into a AP. I thought that there were discounts on QS.
No QS discounts. AP holders can purchase a TiW card which includes discounts at the food courts in resorts that do not have a TS restaurant (the AllStar resorts, POP, AoA and POFQ).

Here's a link to current Passholder discounts (always subject to change without notice and there are blackout dates when the discounts cannot be used).
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/

There was a discount on QS last year for the 45th anniversary of MK but it has since expired.

I thought I was asked every QS if I had an annual pass in January. I didn't realize it was only for the 45th anniversary.

Thanks all for the info.

Your parents can list more people on the campsite reservation which will give them magic bands and free theme par parking. I believe they can list up to 10 people on their reservation.

Crazy but I was just on here reading and Disney called! I had emailed them asking about Military tickets and my parents using them and instead of getting an email back, they called. i asked while i was on the phone and he said it was 499 days from check in, FYI. Good info!

Our last trip, we were able to tie in with my parents since they were staying onsite and do our FP at 60 day out. If I get an annual pass then I need to put myself on their reservation so I can do the FPs the entire trip (thanks for letting me know). Since the resorts are now charging for parking, I am not sure if we will benefit from the parking. Fort Wilderness is allowing one vehicle for free (obviously since you have to pull your RV!) but I am wondering if they will charge for the 2nd one if you park it offsite? I will have to ask that the closer we get. If they do then we would end up paying for the parking and the AP would save us on that.

Since it will be busy Christmas time and the opening Star Wars we are thinking about doing a couple of packages like the Candlelight Processional meal package. This is where we would not save money on our meals with an AP discount. So that stinks.

My husband and I might try to go back for a short trip the following year if I got an AP but I would like to try to even out the cost this trip just in case we didn't! Our dates are Dec 12-22 so it is quiet a bit of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter