I need Bahamian postage stamps!!

rescuetink

DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W
So as most of you know the post office in CC isn't usually open when you arrive, I think were 1 for 4. And on our next cruise in November were sailing from NY and not stopping anywhere to purchase stamps in advance. I contacted DCL and they do not sell them onboard, and I searched and searched for a place to purchase them online with tremendous failure!! :surfweb: I chatted online with the Bahamian visitors bureau and they couldn't help. At their gov website there's no way to order them and have them delivered to me. I know you can leave mail onboard and they'll mail it, but not with a CC post mark.

Sooooooooooooooooooo I'm hoping there's someone out there that will be in the Bahamas before me that would purchase some stamps and send them to me. And I'd like to get extras for others on our cruise who may want them, a FE gift of sorts!! pixiedust:

Please let me know if you can help and I'll make sure that Mickey sends something extra for you or your kids when I send you the payment!! :disrocks:

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

My be prepared motto had us buy a few extra several years ago when at Castaway and I know the DW had them in her phone case for the longest time. Check your PM.

Guest services had them in January 2018 on Fantasy. I bought 2 to send postcards to grandma and grandpa and my daughter's class.

Guest services had them in January 2018 on Fantasy. I bought 2 to send postcards to grandma and grandpa and my daughter's class.

Hmmmmmmmmmm I called and they said they only had US Postage stamps onboard!!

It says on the Bahamas postal website it's 50 cents for a postcard!?!?!?

Post Cards (Regular Size/Small)

• 50 cents to any destination
Letters

• 15 cents per ounce for local mail (New Providence)
  • 25 cents per ounce for anywhere in The Family Islands
  • 65 cents per ½ ounce for anywhere in the United States, Canada, Caribbean
  • 70 cents per ½ ounce for anywhere in Europe
  • 80 cents per ½ ounce for Africa, Asia, Australia etc

I guess I was looking at letters! That group of stamps might get you a bit farther. Have to work out the math.

I'm not sure of the conversion rate, but adding up whats there it comes to $5.00. They look like their for collectors, but at that price I'll break them apart and use them if I can't find others!! :sail::dog:

Here's some Harry stamps! Yes, you're going to pay a premium but it's either this or maybe not being able to mail the cards from CC. The Bahamian Dollar is the same as the US dollar so these 4 50 cent Harry stamps are worth $2 US.

I wonder if their asking that much because their Harry stamps, that's a bit much!! Thanks for the info, I'll be watching that to see if the price drops if they don't sell!!

I'm hoping that there are others out there sailing soon that can get some for us!!

I wonder if their asking that much because their Harry stamps, that's a bit much!! Thanks for the info, I'll be watching that to see if the price drops if they don't sell!!

My guess it's because of ebay fees (10%) and to be protected by the PayPal seller protection policy, you need to ship out with tracked shipping (which is $3)

If those were MY stamps I would mail them for with a 50 cent stamp. I would NOT track them. I sell a lot of stuff at a loss. He's got these stamps. He's not planning on going back to the Bahams. So they can either sit in a drawer OR he can make $9 on them. eBay is full of stuff people buy on a whim and then don't want. If they are still available I would buy them. You can always sell extras to other cruisers. I sell some guitar picks for $2. Certainly NOT going to track them for $3.

If those were MY stamps I would mail them for with a 50 cent stamp. I would NOT track them. I sell a lot of stuff at a loss. He's got these stamps. He's not planning on going back to the Bahams. So they can either sit in a drawer OR he can make $9 on them. eBay is full of stuff people buy on a whim and then don't want. If they are still available I would buy them. You can always sell extras to other cruisers. I sell some guitar picks for $2. Certainly NOT going to track them for $3.

So I decided to take your advise and order them, and come to find out I had a $5.00 coupon so it made it $4.99 for them!! I guess it's just a wait and see game now and I'll see what I get!! Thanks for the info and recommendation!!

Good move! I know they are not the most exciting of stamps but a little place like the Bahamas probably doesn't produce a lot. Particularly these days. I ordered enough stamps from Irealnd for 20 postcards. Now just have to figure out WHO the Lucky 20 will be. I LOVE writing real letters and postcards. The USPS has some very cool stamps. Some incandescent sea creatures, the solar eclipse one that goes from black to the moon depending on the temperature, and the new scratch and sniff popsicle stamps. I just ordered the Art of Magic (very Fall-ish) and Scooby Doo. I think you made a wise choice. Much cheaper than Harry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter