I need Disney Therapy. Are you coming or not?.... Nov/Dec 11 pre trip report

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
So starting this because I can't wait any longer....

I just finished my first trip report which included flashbacks to the previous trip it can be found here

We weren't meant to go back to Florida until 2013 when new fantasyland is open but it may be needed sooner.. I'll be back later to tell ye more :)

Before I start the new pre trip report... It was my birthday last week and it just so happened that in the capital my favourite band were playing so I went along a few times and of course they were excellent as always.
Band is an Irish boyband called Westlife and during their show in one section they all wore t-shirts from Disney:
untitled-3.jpg

Another section they were re-creating the photo of the builders on the steel girder at the Rockefellar centre (there was two Irish guys in that pic apparently):
207003_10150151711832662_535572661_6660189_6615461_n.jpg

They came out over the audience for that bit and first night I was there they stopped right in front of us! View was very nice :)
Then I was uploading pics to facebook and spotted a hidden Mickey near the end of the show:
215251_10150157596307662_535572661_6708321_8318519_n.jpg

I think they've been following my trip report :rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao: yeah I wish!
I thought it was surper cool though that they had disney t-shirts and I want them.. Esp the one of Minnie and Mickey together!

So been throwing this trip idea around for a while. Last year as you will know if you've read my trip report we went in September so got to see some of the parks with the Hallowe'en stuff out and I loved the MNSSHP. So I want to now see the parks at Christmas time. I asked at home and was a flat out No i'm not going back to the same place for a fifth time. So I went ok I'll go myself.
I've had a rough year. I've had a rough 12 years between deaths and various other stuff and I suppose all the stuff I was going through just kept building and building until this year I had a falling out with someone I considered a friend but turned out they had been lying the whole time to me so this has led to a complete melt down as I simply wasn't able for any more.
I have spent much of the past few months crying and wishing something would change. Disney makes me happy so whether someone comes with me or not I am going to Walt Disney World in November as good things happen when I have a disney trip booked.
So far nothing is booked but I have picked dates. I'm waiting to see if someone is coming with me before I book it but eitherway I plan to have it booked in the next two or three weeks.

For those that have gone in November and December before what is the weather like normally around that time?

So today it became official. We're going to Walt Disney World in November for TWO weeks. Cast same as last time but no move to NY this time. Just Florida for an entire two weeks.
We're staying off property for the first 12 days (same hotel as last year) and then for the first time ever we're going to stay in a Disney hotel and if you read my first trip report I mentioned a quick stop at a certain hotel bus stop (hint) and I'm getting my wish because we're going to stay in POP Century for two nights before we go home and afaik we're getting Magical Express back to airport although I think then it becomes the unmagical express but I still get to go on the Disney Bus this time.
Have many plans in my head already we're going to go to MVMCP one night and of course I'm still on my mission to find and see things we've never done before because I've learned so much about Disney from these forums so have learned of everything we've been missing :)
We need to see Epcot properly so that'll get a day to itself. I want to see all the Christmas stuff. Then there's the boardwalk we've never been there so want to visit just to see it. Hoping we might see the water pagent at some stage as well if it's running. Also there's talk of a trip to Discovery Cove again. I did that when I was in Florida in 2005 with the dancers. It was an early 21st birthday present from my mommy so would be nice and lucky to do it a second time.
So so so excited to start planning all of this because the start of this year has been absolutely horrible and need something to pick me up and think Disney definately will :)

Joining in (Now I need to go back and read your TR)!!! :goodvibes

TWO WEEKS...what an amazing trip that is going to be.

Looks like you had a GREAT birthday and I LOVE the hidden Mickey!!! :goodvibes

Joining in (Now I need to go back and read your TR)!!! :goodvibes

TWO WEEKS...what an amazing trip that is going to be.

Looks like you had a GREAT birthday and I LOVE the hidden Mickey!!! :goodvibes

Welcome :)

I know Two weeks will be brill so much Christmas stuff to see :) I can't wait :)

Thanks for birthday wishes. It was a fab concert and luved the fact that my fave band brought disney to their concerts as well.

One of the things that had me really upset the past few months besides all the horrible stuff happening was I lost my music. The past two years I have been involved in the local musical society and this year between work and stressing I just wasn't able to go to rehearsals and really missed it. Today I found a way to be involved because show is on next week so going to give a hand with backstage crew and I'm so so so Happy to be involved :)

On the trip front we found out our flights are direct this time so no stop over in Newark or Atlanta like every other time we went. I think the flight will be about 9 hours though..

We will also be in Florida for thanksgiving day (25th November) so was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do that day. I wonder would the parks be to busy that day!

One of the things that had me really upset the past few months besides all the horrible stuff happening was I lost my music. The past two years I have been involved in the local musical society and this year between work and stressing I just wasn't able to go to rehearsals and really missed it. Today I found a way to be involved because show is on next week so going to give a hand with backstage crew and I'm so so so Happy to be involved :)

On the trip front we found out our flights are direct this time so no stop over in Newark or Atlanta like every other time we went. I think the flgiht will be about 9 hours though..

We will also be in Florida for thanksgiving day (25th November) so was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do that day. I wonder would the parks be to busy that day!

I have heard the parks are packed on Thanksgiving, however, I have no suggestions...I would think direct flights would be wonderful! :cloud9: But nine hours is a LONG time in a plane. :eek:

I am excited for you to enjoy the music you love and that you found a way to be a part of it. :yay: Music is so VERY important and warms the soul. :goodvibes I hope you have fun working behind the scenes!

I have heard the parks are packed on Thanksgiving, however, I have no suggestions...I would think direct flights would be wonderful! :cloud9: But nine hours is a LONG time in a plane. :eek:

I am excited for you to enjoy the music you love and that you found a way to be a part of it. :yay: Music is so VERY important and warms the soul. :goodvibes I hope you have fun working behind the scenes!

I'm thinking we might find something else to do on thanksgiving as it's our first day there as well so don't know if I want to battle crowds after a long flight!

I'm really excited for the next week. We have dress rehearsal tomorrow so last run before the show opens on Tuesday but show is good and nice group of people involved. Can't wait now :)

Hi, my name is Ty. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a rough year, I hope it gets better for you. I'm glad you were able to get to participate with the music you love so much.

I have been to Disney in december 3 times now. The weather is hit or miss. In 07 it was 70's and really nice. 09 was chilly and rainy, last year I froze my hind end off and ended up having to buy a winter coat. It has minnie mouse on it so no complaints there though.

Definitely check out the Osbourne Spectacle of lights at DHS they are amazing.
Are you going to MVMCP? I have done it twice now and it was major fun.

I'm going again this December, the 1st-10th and staying at Pop Century. I love that resort, it screams Disney.

Anyway I will tag along on your PTR and keep ya company till the time comes.

Hi, my name is Ty. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a rough year, I hope it gets better for you. I'm glad you were able to get to participate with the music you love so much.
Things are still up and down but I'm getting back on the right track slowly but surely. I think alot of things from the past ten or twelve years just kept building and building and then trusted alot of the wrong people and finally just broke down completely this year as I couldn't take any more. If I could do my music, dancing and Disney every day I would be a very happy chickie but unfortunately life doesn't work that way so gotta make do! The show is brill and I'm delighted to be doing backstage crew to be involved some way. We had opening night tonight and it went well and was all very exciting :)

I have been to Disney in december 3 times now. The weather is hit or miss. In 07 it was 70's and really nice. 09 was chilly and rainy, last year I froze my hind end off and ended up having to buy a winter coat. It has minnie mouse on it so no complaints there though.
I reckon I'll bring leggings and do like I did in NY last yera if it gets cold wear them under the shorts... plus it'll be a fantastic excuse to buy a new hoodie or two!... Had to because it was cold :)

Definitely check out the Osbourne Spectacle of lights at DHS they are amazing.
Are you going to MVMCP? I have done it twice now and it was major fun.
I want to see all the parks Christmas stuff. I do plan on going to one MVMCP we did the Halloween party last year and it was brilliant so got to do the Christmas party this year :)

I'm going again this December, the 1st-10th and staying at Pop Century. I love that resort, it screams Disney.
We're staying on International Drive for first twelve days and then moving to Pop for the last two and I'll actually be in Pop same time as you :)

Anyway I will tag along on your PTR and keep ya company till the time comes.
You're very welcome :)

Things are still up and down but I'm getting back on the right track slowly but surely. I think alot of things from the past ten or twelve years just kept building and building and then trusted alot of the wrong people and finally just broke down completely this year as I couldn't take any more. If I could do my music, dancing and Disney every day I would be a very happy chickie but unfortunately life doesn't work that way so gotta make do! The show is brill and I'm delighted to be doing backstage crew to be involved some way. We had opening night tonight and it went well and was all very exciting :)

I simply wanted to give you a hug!!!

Music, Dancing and Disney sounds like GREAT therapy to me!!!

I simply wanted to give you a hug!!!

Music, Dancing and Disney sounds like GREAT therapy to me!!!

Thanks :) Yeah music, dancing and disney planning are definately a big help. Will just have to keep going to disney :littleangel:

Had a busy weekend. Between aftershow party and christening for my baby nephew.

Today would be my daddy's birthday so remembering him and then I have more disney news...

Tickets went on sale for The Very Merry Christmas party. This is good and bad news. I had made a semi plan of what park I wanted to go to what day and I always leave Magic Kingdom until our last full park day because I like to end the trip with Wishes but on our last full park day this year there's a Very Merry Christmas Party on that night so no wishes. Also because we will be in POP then I had wanted to make rope drop for the Magic Kingdom day as we've never seen that but will have to do my Magic Kingdom day a different day now and replan a bit for the last day.

I did however book a Very Merry Christmas Party for the day we move to POP which will be the 6th of December :) I also booked to go to Discovery Cove on the 2nd of December.

Waiting to see Universal/IOA Christmas timetable now before we plan any more tickets and park days

Hi there! I've seen you around some of the same TR/PTR's I've been following and saw that you're going to be at WDW when we're planning to go this year. Thought I'd pop over and check it out. I'll have to try and go back to read your Sept TR when I have some time. Nothing fixes some bad luck/depressing times like planning a trip to the happiest place on Earth.:thumbsup2

Hi I'm so happy your show went well. Music Dancing and DIsney, all 3 of those are great therapy. I can't sing or dance, but I can do Disney pretty good.

With you being at Pop and at MVMCP at the same time as me I am sure we are bound to run into eachother. Maybe even meet up for a hot chocolate and hug. I really hope your year just brings you great things.

Hi there! I've seen you around some of the same TR/PTR's I've been following and saw that you're going to be at WDW when we're planning to go this year. Thought I'd pop over and check it out. I'll have to try and go back to read your Sept TR when I have some time. Nothing fixes some bad luck/depressing times like planning a trip to the happiest place on Earth.:thumbsup2
Welcome firstly :)
My September trip report has flashbacks to the 08 trip as well.. kinda a practice run at a trip report but it was my September trip that gave me the idea for Disney as a cure to all the depression... The week before the September trip last year a few really good things happened so then I linked good things happening with a Disney trip and hence think Disney is a cure to depression :) That and I really want to see the Christmas lights although I do expect lots of tears that week as I'm gone overly emotional with the depressive stuff!

Hi I'm so happy your show went well. Music Dancing and DIsney, all 3 of those are great therapy. I can't sing or dance, but I can do Disney pretty good.

With you being at Pop and at MVMCP at the same time as me I am sure we are bound to run into eachother. Maybe even meet up for a hot chocolate and hug. I really hope your year just brings you great things.

I don't sing solo. I did music in college but I play piano more.. I sing in the chorus when i do the shows but did backstage this year which was different but fun! That and Westlife concerts put a smile back on my face for the first time in about 4 months!

Meeting for hot chocolate and hugs sounds like a good idea!
I think the year is starting to turn around slowly. This month was very much getting life back on track and going back to everything I've been neglecting in the breakdown so hopefully things will start to improve now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!