I need everybody to get your opinions PLEASE.

Mia1991

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody, we need everyone to join in to get your opinions.. We are looking to buy a camper, then rent it out on Fort Wilderness, when we are not using it..As families and couples an ect, what do most people look for when renting a trailer?We are looking to buy travel trailer.. Thanks Everyone ......

I don't have an opinion on the type of TT, just some advice - check with your insurance provider, especially regarding personal liability; then get great coverage. (Our grandson was electrocuted by a faulty cord on a fairly new rental trailer.) Somehow the power cord had been sliced and he stepped on it. Thankfully, it resulted in only burns to his foot (and trauma to those of us witnessing the incident) but imagine the worst that could have happened. Take into consideration your risk tolerance, and your ability to drop everythhing should you need to respond to problems (and there will be problems).

I don't have an opinion on the type of TT, just some advice - check with your insurance provider, especially regarding personal liability; then get great coverage. (Our grandson was electrocuted by a faulty cord on a fairly new rental trailer.) Somehow the power cord had been sliced and he stepped on it. Thankfully, it resulted in only burns to his foot (and trauma to those of us witnessing the incident) but imagine the worst that could have happened. Take into consideration your risk tolerance, and your ability to drop everythhing should you need to respond to problems (and there will be problems).
Omg thank goodness he was ok , im going to look into everything safety is the priority to any thing , thank you though now I'm kinda of looking at alittle different. That's why i asked to get feed back thank you again

Do you really want to use YOUR camper after someone else has had some adult time in the bed ??? I would not want the hassle involved with towing the trailer there, setting up, tearing down, cleaning it, etc....
Do you need a business license, collect taxes, get a call at midnight to come to the campground because the toilet is not working right or the person renting it heard a weird noise ??

If we were to rent out our camper, we would go through Outdoorsy because of their insurance coverage and track record.
That said: We have been looking at rentals and what I am interested in would be a camper that is easy to set up with a bed for each of the 6 of us that is short enough to tow comfortably. If we rented for a delivered and set up unit, I want a beasty that someone else towed and set up for me haha.
We toyed with the idea of renting for the Fort and we actually looked for a Hybrid that would fit in our tent site and some had free delivery to the Fort, which was a bonus. (I would charge a set up fee though, don't wear yourself out)

When I look at the reviews, the ones that stand out the most are the ones that talk about how much info the renters were given as far as setup detail etc.
I SKIP the ones that have a laundry list of add ons and rules though. If you have to charge me an additional cleaning fee on top of the normal cleaning fee, you don't really want my business.

Ultimately- buy the camper that YOU want to camp in and then add some nice extras for possible renters. We are thinking about having two campers- our personal one and then a rental unit too...but that is in the future :)

If we were to rent out our camper, we would go through Outdoorsy because of their insurance coverage and track record.
That said: We have been looking at rentals and what I am interested in would be a camper that is easy to set up with a bed for each of the 6 of us that is short enough to tow comfortably. If we rented for a delivered and set up unit, I want a beasty that someone else towed and set up for me haha.
We toyed with the idea of renting for the Fort and we actually looked for a Hybrid that would fit in our tent site and some had free delivery to the Fort, which was a bonus. (I would charge a set up fee though, don't wear yourself out)

When I look at the reviews, the ones that stand out the most are the ones that talk about how much info the renters were given as far as setup detail etc.
I SKIP the ones that have a laundry list of add ons and rules though. If you have to charge me an additional cleaning fee on top of the normal cleaning fee, you don't really want my business.

Ultimately- buy the camper that YOU want to camp in and then add some nice extras for possible renters. We are thinking about having two campers- our personal one and then a rental unit too...but that is in the future :)
Thank you so much . .i like what ur looking for ..😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!