I need help! Lunch on-site . . .

aring75

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my mom and grandmother to Orlando for the day on a Saturday. I would love to take them somewhere on WDW property for lunch, but where?

I don't want to go inside any of the parks, but Downtown Disney or any of the resort locations is fine (as long as I can get a PS). Please give me some ideas, quick!

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!!!

I've looked at the menus for various restaurants. The problem is, I haven't personally eaten at a lot of the restaurants I am considering. For instance -

Coral Cafe (Dolphin) - Sounds like a varied menu. How's the food? Service? Atmosphere?

Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary) - Too heavy for lunch? Looks like they serve sandwiches, any good?

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant (Downtown Disney) - Some seafood options, but Zagat's says "prices are expensive for a meal that's just so-so." Anyone tried it and liked it?

Fulton's Crab House (Downtown Disney) - Seems like a neat atmosphere. Too crowded? Is the seafood any good?

Rainforest Cafe (Downtown Disney) - Yeah, I know. Hit or miss. I've eaten here several times and it's always been just okay. I prefer breakfast, but neither my mother or my grandmother has eaten here so it would be solely for the atmosphere.

Any other ideas? Or comments on the above selections??

and I were in WDW with my mother, I would take her to Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge in the Grand Floridian.

If either of my grandmothers were still alive (I miss them dearly
:( ), I think it would be a hoot to have tea with them in such an elegant setting.

I haven't personally experienced the Afternoon Tea, but I have seen it;) , and this is just what I would do, no doubt about it.:D

afternoon tea--what a great idea! this is great and i think your mom and grandmama would love it! as far as captn jack--skip it! over priced, slow service, needless to say we will not return there.:wave:

Whispering Canyon has some good alacarte sadwiches for lunch. They are sort of big so you could split one between two fo you. It can be a fun place and you would be enveloped by the atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge.
Lunch at The Grand Floridian Cafe has been good too.

Afternoon tea WAS my first choice, but it's completely booked for the day I want to go. :(

That's why I have to settle for lunch instead.

So no Cap'n Jack's, huh? OK (lol). You sound pretty sure!

WCC is a hoot! My husband and I love it. But my grandmother is very quiet and refined. I don't know if she'd really enjoy the antics or not.

Oh well. I think I'll let my mother look at the menus and see what she thinks. Then I can just blame it on her!! ;)

Well, we had an enjoyable lunch at Cap'n Jacks!!!! But our REAL favorite is Fulton's.

Maybe consider Flying Fish at the Boardwalk????

Do they serve lunch at the Flying Fish?

LindaR - How is the seafood at Fulton's? Namely the fish and shrimp. Is the atmosphere loud or more on the quiet side?

Thanks for all your help!

I did not think the atmosphere was loud or crazy.

We had shrimp and shrimp and shrimp!!!!! My daughter loves shrimp and will usually have a shrimp cocktail (or two) and then some sort of shrimp dinner. We have eaten lunch and dinner there several times.

Perhaps when you check in you can ask to be seated in a small quiet location.

I am a single mom who started teaching her daughter at age 1.5 the proper behavior for eating (or just BEING in public). I have no tolerance for out-of-control kids (or adults!) and I have no problem asking to be moved or asking for a quiet location. I am paying for food and atmosphere and expect to get a certain level of both.

There are lots of "rooms" at Fulton's. Where ever you choose, have a great meal!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter