I Need Help Please!

CamColt

2 Questions???

Sorry to bother everyone as Im sure people on this board are very busy lately, but I have a couple problems.

Ive seen this asked by other people but I havent seen an answer, hope I didnt miss it. Is their anyway to tell which posts you have read already? On the old boards they would change color, but I cant seem to tell now.

Also, how do you subscribe to a forum? I have clicked on "subscribe to this forum", a box pops up real quick(too quick for me to read it) and then nothing happens.

Thanks for the help. If I can figure out these 2 things I think I will be all set! :cool:

After you subscribe to a forum a little box pops up and then disappears. If you go to the area called user CP there should be all the forums that you have subscribed to.

Mel answered your question about subscriptions. As for the read messages changing color, I think a number of people have requested this back. It's in Pete court now as to whether he'll make this change. I think he's got alot on his plate and this may be a low priority type thing.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll re-instate it!

The links changing color are handy but I don't know if this software package has that as a feature. It does have the envelopes to the left of each thread to let you know if you've been there before and if there are any new posts in the thread. I'd like the links to change color too but if that's not an available feature, I won't miss it too much. The new boards are great!

Horizons Fan, how can you tell if you have been there before from the envelopes? All Im getting from the little codes at the bottom of the page is whether or not there have been new posts to that thread since Ive been in that forum and if its a "hot topic" sort of thing with a lot of new replies.

If you have not read a thread or if there are new posts since you last read a thread, you will see a message sticking up out of the envelope. If you have read the thread and there are no new posts, the envelope will be closed. It's more subtle than the change of color, but it's there...

Its offcial, Im an idiot. Im just not getting this.

You said "if you have not read a thread or if there are new posts since you last read a thread, you will see a message sticking out of the envelope". Now I see a message sticking out of the envelope on this post and thats because there was a new post...I get that much. But I did in fact read this post, so that message thing isnt telling me anything about whether or not Ive read this one...just if there are new posts to it, right?
Now I am also seeing closed envelopes on threads that have no new replies, which makes sense, but its not telling me whether or not I ever went in and read those original posts. Both ones that Ive read and ones that I havent read have closed envelopes.
I guess what Im not getting is how the envelopes tell you what you have and havent read of the original posts. I understand about new replies since Ive last been in. Am I making any sense now? :confused:

I thought of an easier way to say it.
Some of the posts I have read have open envelopes, while others Ive read have closed envelopes. The same goes for the ones I havent read. Some have open and some have closed envelopes. So, Im not getting how the envelope tells me whether or not Ive read it. Im probably missing something totally obvious, like Im looking at a different envelope or something.

And Ive figured out the subscribing thing.

Thanks everyone for helping out the technically challenged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter