I need honest opinions please.... Totally upset about these shirts

After looking at it, it seems that the OP got exactly what she paid for. Exactly what she ordered.

Now, do I think these shirts are worth $20? No way. But after seeing what was advertised, I'm hard pressed to have a problem with what was delivered.
I disagree. The tees in the store are bad, but the ones that she received as much, much worse. In the etsy ad, the stitching is a zigzag stitch and she stays within the lines of the Mickey head which is made from Disney themed fabric. None of that can be said about the tees the OP received. Instead of cute Disney fabric, the dwarves are awkwardly pasted on black Mickey heads (I don't even "get" the turkey leg!), she uses a straight stitch which veers off in multiple directions.

I disagree. The tees in the store are bad, but the ones that she received as much, much worse. In the etsy ad, the stitching is a zigzag stitch and she stays within the lines of the Mickey head which is made from Disney themed fabric. None of that can be said about the tees the OP received. Instead of cute Disney fabric, the dwarves are awkwardly pasted on black Mickey heads (I don't even "get" the turkey leg!), she uses a straight stitch which veers off in multiple directions.
It is really just an opinion.

Yes, the stitches are zigzag but they are also straight when they should turn and veer side to side.

I think they are equally awful.

After looking at it, it seems that the OP got exactly what she paid for. Exactly what she ordered.

Now, do I think these shirts are worth $20? No way. But after seeing what was advertised, I'm hard pressed to have a problem with what was delivered.

It is really just an opinion.

Yes, the stitches are zigzag but they are also straight when they should turn and veer side to side.

I think they are equally awful.

If that isn't the actual seller I'm wondering if the OP bought it from someone who was essentially copying the style of the Etsy seller in the link above. There's similarities but to me there's enough differences that either it's a different seller copying the work (or saw it elsewhere and decided to try it out themselves) or if it's the same seller it's either someone else who actually did the work or the person who did the work in link above did it half-butt.

The etsy link shows different stitching used and as a whole is more precise (though still not wow wow wow looking), different theme (Disney prints vs Disney characters that were cut out) and the etsy link advises "The Mickey head is meant to look a little ragged after washing. The more it's washed the more ragged it will be!" (kinda seems like an excuse to me to leave frayed thread edges but that's just me) and while I don't know how many washes the item in the etsy link would last I'd say it would last more than the one or two washes that the shirt the OP received likely would last given the stitching and the precision of that plus how was the Disney character attached to the Mickey head--by iron on, glue, etc?

I agree neither product would I actually buy. But you couldn't have gotten me to pay $20 anyways for the product in the link above. It's not worth that to me. But I'm also not one to spend much on stuff.

OP--would you mind sharing who and where you bought this from or at least let us know if that etsy seller another poster has linked is the correct one or not?

Yikes... I don't know why anybody would look at that and buy it. She even shows how awful and frayed it looks after washing! And for $20?? Wow.
I paid barely more than that for nicely appliqued and embroidered shirts.

We had custom shirts made for our upcoming trip and our sons first Thanksgiving. I am totally heartbroken and the lady says I am just complaining. Please give me your honest opinion on these shirts and if you would be happy to accept them without question.

We leave this weekend and I don't have a way to make new shirts and I am already out the money I paid for these. Not to mention some of the images are on the wrong size shirts and none of them are the same size.

I sew. These shirts are a mess and if I made them I'd be embarrassed to sell them. I'd file a dispute with Pay Pal or my credit card company because of poor quality.

Definitely would try to get a refund! In the meantime, you may be able to find something at a disneystore if you have one nearby. I dont think you'll find 7 dwarves in particular but maybe something you could all wear. Macy's even had some disney shirts. See if you can find some iron on disney appliques at a hobby shop and buy some plain tshirts.
Either way, dont stress over it, you're going to a happy place.

Good Grief these are awful, and I am sorry this has happened to you.
What is the return policy?
I hope you are able to get a full refund.
Crum I have made better shirts making iron on t shirt than these.
Best wishes
Hugs Mel

We had custom shirts made for our upcoming trip and our sons first Thanksgiving. I am totally heartbroken and the lady says I am just complaining. Please give me your honest opinion on these shirts and if you would be happy to accept them without question.

We leave this weekend and I don't have a way to make new shirts and I am already out the money I paid for these. Not to mention some of the images are on the wrong size shirts and none of them are the same size.

All I can say is 'Wow' - what amateur did you get to make these?? :confused3 Did you see any samples of work beforehand?

Acceptable? No way! Would have checked with her after 'one' shirt, not wait until an order that large was finished. Surely you didn't pay for these up front?????

First issue is the images are not on the right sizes
Second is the quality

What is on the sight is cute. Not super sophisticated, but the edges appear adhered to the shirt and the stitching is cute

What you received is a hot mess. I would not wear them and I would expect a full refund. It is a very amateurish effort at best.

I hope the OP comes back and updates us. I’m pretty sure my 4 year old could do as good of a job, if not better. Those were not stylistic choices, that was shoddy work.

I'm not getting Disney shirts at all at that link???

I'm not getting Disney shirts at all at that link???
I got some weird viglink.com redirect garbage too. I had to cut and paste the etsy url out of it to get it to come up for me. Better yet, go to etsy and search for "seven dwarfs dopey comfort color". It'll come up.

Click this message to the right of your screen and it should take you to the seller/product the poster was commenting about:

View attachment 284694

I got some weird viglink.com redirect garbage too. I had to cut and paste the etsy url out of it to get it to come up for me. Better yet, go to etsy and search for "seven dwarfs dopey comfort color". It'll come up.

Thanks for the tips! I can see them now.

I would not have ordered them in the first place, but the ones the OP posted are definitely worse.

Store policy states no returns or refunds. I would definitely dispute with my credit card and etsy. The shirts the OP received are way worse than the shirts pictured on the etsy store. I do agree with the posters who have previously said they would not have purchased from the seller in the first place. Hopefully, the OP didn't let this ruin her Disney trip.

In general I would say they are not acceptable; however, did you see samples before you purchased? If her other shirts posted on Etsy or what ever were similar quality/issues (ie uneven Mickey; characters based on what she had not necessarily proportionate), then I'd say you had fair warning about what to expect.

I sew, and that is almost the worst sewing job I have ever seen in my life. Expected from a child on their first couple attempts using a sewing machine.

But looking at the Etsy store selling them, I think the job looks like a child on their 10th or 20th time using the sewing machine....not too much better.

It requires so little sewing skill to make those shirts, anyone with access to a seam ripper, scissors, a sewing machine, and a half hour of time (for the first shirt - would get faster with each shirt) could fix them. There may be little fixing of the dwarves placement, but the shape and stitch could be improved for sure.

I would ask for a refund, and if I couldn't get it, would fix them myself, and chalk it up to a life lesson.

Last edited:
Those are really, really bad... This is an example of why I'm scared to shop on Etsy.

Hoping for a good update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!