I need honest opinions please.... Totally upset about these shirts

Those are really, really bad... This is an example of why I'm scared to shop on Etsy.

Hoping for a good update!

Oh please don't be scared to shop on Etsy!!! Yes there's some crap but most is clearly visible crap posted right in the listings. There are so many AMAZING things on Etsy from truly talented artists and if you use PayPal you'll have 3 levels of protection: Etsy, PayPal and the credit card linked to PP so lots of recourse if something does go wrong. Read reviews, look at listings and images carefully and then go nuts supporting some awesome artists!

Oh please don't be scared to shop on Etsy!!! Yes there's some crap but most is clearly visible crap posted right in the listings. There are so many AMAZING things on Etsy from truly talented artists and if you use PayPal you'll have 3 levels of protection: Etsy, PayPal and the credit card linked to PP so lots of recourse if something does go wrong. Read reviews, look at listings and images carefully and then go nuts supporting some awesome artists!

I totally agree. I have purchased quite a few items from etsy without any problems. I bought my daughters Ariel tutu dress from etsy for MNSSHP a couple of years ago. It was fantastic and we received so many compliments on it.

(Great for a show like People’s Court. They’d take the case because of the appeal. Is that show still on?)

After looking at it, it seems that the OP got exactly what she paid for. Exactly what she ordered.

Now, do I think these shirts are worth $20? No way. But after seeing what was advertised, I'm hard pressed to have a problem with what was delivered.
Actually you are totally incorrect. I didn't not order these from this person or etsy. It is from a local lady and I have seen her other work and it is not like this. So thank you for your comment but you are wrong.

So I have contacted the seller more than once and she will no longer talk to me. She is a local lady and she runs a online store. I have seen other work she does and it looks amazing. At this point she refuses to speak to me and I am trying to get my money back. The more I try to talk to her the more she blames me for doing this myself to the shirts. Lol

So I have contacted the seller more than once and she will no longer talk to me. She is a local lady and she runs a online store. I have seen other work she does and it looks amazing. At this point she refuses to speak to me and I am trying to get my money back. The more I try to talk to her the more she blames me for doing this myself to the shirts. Lol
Did you pay her in cash? If not, I would file a charge back on your credit card at this point. If you paid in cash, I'm not sure you can do anything else.

Actually you are totally incorrect. I didn't not order these from this person or etsy. It is from a local lady and I have seen her other work and it is not like this. So thank you for your comment but you are wrong.

Thank you for providing more details. Quite honestly I had a feeling it was someone you knew (even if not uber closely) locally. So to me it's either someone else did the actual work and she's selling it as her own (maybe this time she had so and so do the work rather than herself), she's half-butting it, or for whatever reason gave other people a much more carefully crafted product than the one she's giving you.

I hate to say it but it does sound like you're unlikely to be getting your money back at this point even though I do think you should. If it's a local person with an online store I wonder if there is a parent company she's working under or if she bought a website and it's just her that is in charge.

Either way I think I would honestly, but politely let her know you would be unwilling to recommend her product based on the goods provided-it's possible that she may take that to heart as she is local I'm guessing perhaps word of mouth counts for something?? IDK just thinking out loud. I wouldn't go bad mouthing her just letting her know if asked you would be unwilling to recommend her.

If you have protection with the method of payment you used you may look to see if there is a complaint you can make maybe for unsatisfactory product?

Haven't read the whole thread, but I was thinking about these shirts in the parks last week. On Thanksgiving Day we saw a family wearing (clearly) homemade Mickey turkey shirts. The lines on each of the turkey feathers were just as wonky as these even from a distance. The first I saw in the family was a child so I figured maybe it was just hers but nope it was the whole group. I guess it was just a craft project for the trip, which is cute and all but not when you paid full price!

Agreed! I shop on Etsy quite often for specialty items. They have great sellers for Disney ears, although I haven't bought yet. I've gotten tons of other nice stuff through their merchants in the past.

It is horrifying to realize that someone would CHARGE you for those shirts!
I would have a difficult time accepting them if they were free!!!

You can always purchase Disney shirts at the resorts that have the same picture and are the same color. Since you will probably be walking together, you will still have the “family shirt” - and you will see them before you have to pay for them.

I would demand my money back. They are a pitiful mess!!!
I am so sorry that you had to go through this.

Was this from etsy? Leave a review and try to upload pictures of what you received. Email Etsy and try to dispute it if she won't respond. If that doesn't work try your bank or credit card company. This looks like a child did it.

Was this from etsy? Leave a review and try to upload pictures of what you received. Email Etsy and try to dispute it if she won't respond. If that doesn't work try your bank or credit card company. This looks like a child did it.
She said someone local to her made them

WOW These are incredibly bad! The dwarfs are see through and you can see the lines on the stitching! I can't unsee that now... :badpc:

I would dispute the charges with my bank and tell the vendor to deal with them from now on. Sorry you had to deal with these!

I would be embarrassed to admit that I had made them,, wow.. my 13 yr old son with his eyes closed could do better !!

someone is still in business providing a shabby product like that? I would be embarrassed to provide that product and collect money for it. Good luck to you, and enjoy your trip. Get your refund on that garbage and save it for your next trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter