I need more Veggies in my life!

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
So while I wait patiently for my garden to produce a bunch of produce, I am finding that my diet is lacking fruits and veggies. I am feeling like I need to go on a vegetarian or high-veggie based diet for a couple weeks. I am hot dog, hamburger and macaroni saladed out!!

I am down to drinking one or two margaritas a week (which is so hard on a hot summer day on the water!) - but am focusing on a diet that will give me lots of energy while training for some upcoming races...

We will have more zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, cukes and beets that we will know what to do with - all at one time. But until then - Post me some of your favorite veggies dishes, sides & recipes... cooked, raw, pickled or what have you!

Thanks in advance!

You can blended chopped zucchini into a banana smoothie to get in some 'hidden' veggies - you won't even notice the flavor, just make sure you don't use too much!

We just got back from a week long vacation. Before vacation, I had previously taken 2 zucchini out of my garden. After we got back (8 days later) I got the following:
20150721_160659.jpg

About 36 pounds worth. That's a lot of smoothies. :)

I'm Korean so we focus on alot on pickled and fermented veggies, like kimchi! It's a fermented cabbage and while it's prob not for the palette of the avg WDW visitor, I can't live w/o it and it's widely considered one of the healthiest foods on the planet due to it's healthy gut bacteria content. Also love me some sauerkraut whenever I'm eating a heavy meat dish. The acidity really cuts through and again, it's fermented so high flora content. Bc those two options are fermented, they have a longer shelf life (in the fridge) and are perfect for those winter months when there's less options for fresh, local produce.

Never had Kimchi. Always heard about it. (I was in the Army but never made it to Korea). Maybe someday, I'll give it a shot. I am willing to try just about anything. (Ask my DW. She always says I have an iron stomach.) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!