I need to ask your help of what I should be doing right now.

Hello, this is Ray. I want to thank you for all of your caring words and caring thoughts and caring prayers. I just haven't felt like being online at all for several reasons.

I've been away at Disney the past couple of weeks and I was worried about you - I'm so very glad you've checked in again. It's just good to know you're ok. I hope you continue to improve and your trip to Daytona is a lot of fun!

So glad to hear you're doing okay, Ray. I recently (finally) made the switch to a new PCP. I knew I needed to change a few years ago, but never wanted to officially make the jump. And now I'm glad I did. Hoping/praying you find the right doctor for you.

So glad to hear you're doing okay, Ray. I recently (finally) made the switch to a new PCP. I knew I needed to change a few years ago, but never wanted to officially make the jump. And now I'm glad I did. Hoping/praying you find the right doctor for you.
I know about the new PCP I finally found one after not having one for about 4 years. Ray I hope you find a good dr quicker then I did.

Hello. My name is Ray.

I was just coming home from my Publix grocery store in my wheelchair and I was hit by a car while I was in the crosswalk.

Before crossing I waved at the driver motioning if I could cross. The car stopped. I started crossing and I was almost about to cross in front of the driver and then the driver started moving. I yelled and waved for the driver to stop, but the driver wasn't looking at me.

I think my left arm got caught on part of the car mirror and it pulled me out of my wheelchair just enough as it continued forward. I tried to right myself, but I was already too far out of my wheelchair and I was pulled out and fell to the ground on my left side.

I guess I was in a daze after hitting the asphalt.

I tried to sit up, but I was on a slight incline and I couldn't sit up by myself.

Another driver asked if he could help me get up and he tried to sit me up, but I couldn't stand up by myself. He actually stayed and called 911 even after asking me if I wanted him to call 911. I told him I didn't know.

The driver that hit me parked their car and came to me and apologized and said that she didn't see me.

After a while, two Georgia Power men came by and actually lifted me up into my wheelchair after turning the wheelchair around. I couldn't believe that they lifted me up completely into my chair.

The Grady ambulance staff checked me out and I thought that I feeling better and after a discussion, I thought I was okay not to go to the hospital.

The police came and wrote out a report and issued the driver for hitting me in the crosswalk.

We exchanged information with the driver that hit me and the Atlanta policeman gave me a card with information.

I think that I am okay now. My back and left leg are just a little sore right now compared to the time earlier.

I just called my physician and left a message to call me back so that I could ask his advice of whether I should come in to see him to be checked out, especially if I feel different in another day or two.

I actually Googled what to do after being hit by a car.

https://www.citylab.com/life/2015/05/what-to-do-when-youre-hit-by-a-car/393809/

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/pedestrian-hit-by-car-legal-options.html

I always worry about falling down and the difficulty I would have trying to get up by myself.

I am retired, I live alone, and I have no family.

I need to ask your help of what I should be doing right now.
Ray sorry this happened to you. As for now get checked out and get your chair checked out.
As for living alone and possibly falling may I suggest you look into the device that will call for help if you fall. It is worn around the neck and you just press a button and it calls for help. VA gave one to my husband because of his issues and it being just the 2 of us at home.

I would strongly suggest that you go to the doctor to get checked out. You may have injuries that you are not aware of right now.
The other thing to do is to call the other person’s insurance company right away to start a claim. There could be damage to your wheelchair as well.

I"m going to echo this. Not wc related but I was in a wreck and not even a bad one and thought I was fine only to discover a month later that I'd suffered a concussion. I'm so glad you are ok and that you had good help when you needed it. Your posts are favorites!

Ray, I hope your travels went well. Not sure when you are getting back, but be sure to pop in and let us know how you're doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter