~~~I NEED to be accountable~~~

maslex

DIS Veteran
Okay, I have just found this board with all these journals. I have read a couple of them and have just been inspired to start my own. If I don't write down every thought and action, I fear that this weight loss journey will never be. This will be my accountability journal. I'm gonna write down each day's events, whether it's what I ate, what type of exercise I did, my feelings or maybe whatevers on my mind. You're welcome to read along if you're bored or maybe get some inspiration as I did with many of your journals. You can even post if you'd like. FEEL FREE!!!

DAY 1

Well I stepped on that damn scale this morning. Hey, I need a starting point, right? I took that number and then subtracted what weight I'd like to be and the magical number of pounds to lose is 175lbs :faint: How sick is that!!!!!
But I'm not even concentrating on how much I need to lose. I'm just gonna start this journey and keep plugging along.

I'm not gonna follow anything really specific right now. I'm just gonna make sure that I drink a bunch of water (which is nothing for me anyhow, I love water), cut down on my portions, cut out most of the junk food I eat (which is QUITE A LOT--that's why I said I was cutting out most of it, I think if I cut it all out, I would just croak) and get in some exercise. That's the hardest part for me though. Being 175 lbs overweight, it's a bit hard to get in the "recommended" 30-60 minutes a day. So my plan is on Monday's and Friday's when the boys have soccer practice, I'm gonna get my feet moving and walk around the school. If I had to guess I'm sure it's a little over a 1/2 mile. Then on Tues-Thurs I'll pop in an exercise DVD and do what I can. It may be only 5 minutes (maybe 6, who knows) :confused3 :teeth: But I'm just gonna do something each day to get moving.

It's 9:30 am right now but I think I'll be posting each days journal at night when the day is winding down and I have already eaten my stuff and done some type of exercise.

Well here's to day number 1 :thumbsup2

HI there and WELCOME :welcome:

You are on the right track and have a great plan. I know you can do it....just take baby steps at first. Start out with the 5-6 minutes and before you know it you will be doing the whole thing :)

If you fall off one day, that is okay...tomorrow is a new day and you can start over. I live by this....I used to beat myself up over messing up. Now....it's still tough, but I remember that tomorrow is a a new day and I can start over and make better choices.

Hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!!

Welcome to the WISH Journals!! You'll find TONS of support here from a wide variety of people, all at different levels and all very inspiring.

I think it's awesome that you've begun your quest and I think you are taking the right approach. Eliminate some of the excess in the beginning and watch those pounds start falling off!! I wish you the best of luck, you're off to a great start already!

Welcome! You have absolutely come to the right place.

I agree to not focus on the total pounds you want to lose right now...baby steps are my thing. Just keep making some changes to what you're doing now...and you'll see results. You'll also feel better!!!

Keep on journaling...through the good and the bad. We're all here for the same reason...so there will be no one judging you.

Good luck! :thumbsup2

Welcome to WISH!!

You're in the BEST place for support there is!

Have a great weekend. You CAN do this and we're all here to help!

Good morning. Well it seems as though I won't be posting each night as planned. I'm so addicted to this site that I don't have enough time in the day to get everything in.

Well, anyhow. The weekend went just fine. I've cut WAY down on the junk food and my portion sizes. Junk food is my TOTAL downfall. I will literally eat it all day long. LITERALLY. But I had 1 scoop of ice cream this weekend and that's it. And I've also drank enough water to float away. The exercise is the hard part. I NEED to start something. My boys do have soccer tonight so I'll probably go and walk around the school. I just bought some new walking sneakers and should put them to use.

And I also only want to get on the scale on Friday mornings, but I did pop on there this morning and I'm down 2lbs. I'm not really counting it though. I'm just gonna keep my "scale numbers" starting this coming Friday and I'll be posting them on here for my records.

Everyone is welcome to add any tips/tricks of the trade when it comes to weight loss. If you've been there, how'd ya do it? What's you biggest strategy?

Until later........

Hi there,

Glad to hear that the weekend was good for you. Ice cream is my down fall....if I could eat it in moderation I would be fine. But that is just the problem, I can't eat ice cream in moderation!!!

As for exercise, just take in step by step. When the kids are doing their thing, just walk around the school like you said. Have you thought of joining a gym? That may help...I have an elliptical, free weights and a bowflex at the house, and tht helps me. I have always hated going to a gym...so I do it at home. When I first started it was hard to get moving...but once you do it, it is like your body craves it. Sounds weird I know!! You will find something that works for you....maybe a walk around the block every night....

You are doing a good job and are on the right track! Keep it up.

Have a great day!

:wave: Welcome to WISH journals. This is the best place to come for support, advice and encouragement. Congratulations on making a commitment to a healthier you :grouphug: . You're off to a really good start and we're here for you as you begin your journey!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter