• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need to know who to call or write...

LML

Earning My Ears
We have a 10 month old german shepard puppy living with us for one year in our home. She belongs to Rochester MI School of the Blind. Our main job is to socialize her and teach her basic obedience. She goes to Church with us, to the bank, grocery store etc. Does anyone know who I should call, write in order to explain this to someone at Disney. It would be excellent for Cara to come with us during our trip this March. We'd be camping at Fort Wilderness. Cara wears a jacket that reads "Leader Dog in Training" so she is identified as a working dog. It would be great for her to ride the bus, boat, monarail etc. Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry if this is on the wrong forum. I wasn't quite sure where the best place for this question would be.

Well you did say that you are staying at Fort Wilderness so you are one step ahead of the game. Just make sure that you request a site specified for pets, its an extra $3 dollars a day. Now is she actually your service dog? If she is then she will be allowed into the parks. But if you are just keeping her to teach her obedience skills and the like, then she will most likely not be allowed in. But no problem their, all four theme parks have kennels located right on-site. It is about $6 dollars to leave them for the day. Remember though, you need to bring along certifications of pet vaccinations. If you have any other questions or need more information you can call 407-824-6568. Hope I could help!

You could also try calling WDW Resort Special Reservations at (407) 939-7807 (voice) or (407) 939-7670 (TTY). The CMs at that number help people with disabilities work everything out in their reservations, so they might be able to help you.

I did a little web search and was able to find the following things that might help you:
a copy of a letter from the US Department of Justice site. It basically said that a service animal must be allowed to accompany its owner, but an animal in training doesn't have the same rights.
That's all I could find that addressed your question.
Thanks for your effort in training a dog. Some very lucky person will benefit from what you are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter