I need to make a decision

MOMTOMOOTOO

<font color=blue>The people in Shop Rite would not
We are doing the big trip in Nov/Dec but I just can't wait that long!! SWA has a good price for some dates in July. With airfare & 4 nites it is only $934.00 at POFQ or 1120.00 for AKL (standard).
I've never stayed at PO or any moderate so which should I choose. It wil be me, DH, and 3 kiddies. Any thoughts?
We will probably do just 2 days at the parks and some relaxing the rest of the time.

I should say we are staying at the AKL concierge & BWI concierge in the Nov. I'd like the summer trip to be as cheap as possible.

Thanks.

French Quarter is definitely our favorite moderate resort. It's quiet, quaint and just all around lovely. The food court is great. Everything is within a very short walking distance and the boat to DD is an added plus.

with 3 kiddies, the bus stop is very close to all the buildings and therefore a short walk, which is a plus after a looooooooong day at the parks ;)

Since you are doing AKL in November, do POFQ on this trip. Save the money and experience a new place.

HBC

We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside last year and were VERY impressed with the hotel, the grounds, the peace and quiet and the location. My daughter (5 y/o at that time) had a great time there!

:D

I'm guessing that one of the kiddies is under 3, since you're not talking about rooms that accommodate 5. POFQ has a great pool that the kids would enjoy. The rooms have double beds, while AKL would have 2 Queens or a Queen and bunk beds, if that makes a difference.
Hope you have a great trip!

We, ( well I) have decided on the POFQ. I understand it will be a tight squeeze, but this is supposed to be an economy trip. I think I did well. So tell me all you can about the POFQ. Any room locations which are close to the pool. We won't be renting a car, so how's the transportation? Also, I just have it on a courtesy hold, so if you think a differant mod is better, I'm open.

Thanks so much.

We stayed at POR in December last year and we loved it...the only thing I don't like about the Moderates is that you have to walk to your room, which in some cases can be quite a distance...When we stayed in POR, we were in Alligator Bayou #27 and believe it or not, we got lost trying to find our room and they didn't tell us upon checking in that we could just hop on a golf cart type thing and have someone drive us over..:rolleyes: LOL...live and learn I guess! :) Other than that, I loved the resort, it was beautiful and had a nice secluded feeling to it being in the woods!! :)

We stayed at CBR in December of 2000 and we were in Martinique #25, which was very close to the Main pool and the Food Court...It was wonderful at night to watch the Fireworks from Epcot (the high ones) from the hammocks that are around the lake...:)

Have a wonderful time, no matter which place you choose! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter