Hanging up my running shoes

Have fun! We have friends who stay at the Aria all the time.
Thank you!

I would definitely try to get an early morning run in along the Strip, just to say I did it!
You guys are right. We really do need to do this!

Have fun in Vegas! Aria is one of our two favorite hotels there. You'll love it!
Oh glad to hear that. I haven't found anyone who actually stayed there before. But, of course, now I have to ask which is your other favorite?

The benefits of a good running season

fa6b9160-a419-0132-e447-0e7954aeedc0.gif

I had my yearly wellness program check at work yesterday. I work for a hospital and they offer a wellness program for employees. You get a basic wellness check with lab work and can earn points for that. You also earn points for doing 6000 steps per day, 30 minutes of cardio, annual wellness doctor visits, etc. You can earn up to $1000 per year that goes into an HRA account for medical expenses. It's really a great option. So, I went in yesterday morning and got some really good numbers back.

My resting heart rate was 65
BP was 96/60
My weight and BMI are in normal limits (still keeping my weight off from my low-carb dieting and am down nearly 20 lbs from when I started)
Lipid panel also good. My total cholesterol was just barely above normal (202), but my HDL (good cholesterol) was very high and my triglycerides and LDL (bad cholesterol) were very low, so I'm happy with those numbers. My Glycohemoglobin (indicator for diabetes) was also good and well within normal range. Not bad for a 53 year old lady. :D

I love running for a lot of reasons, but certainly my health is a big part of that. So, YAY for seeing the benefits of it.

Oh glad to hear that. I haven't found anyone who actually stayed there before. But, of course, now I have to ask which is your other favorite?

The Wynn. Gorgeous building, and every restaurant has a vegan menu which makes my wife very happy. Plus, it's across the street from a Mexican place which serves incredible jalapeño & cilantro margaritas. :)

Ack you Vegas plan looks amazing!
Remember that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas except all the cool pictures you will be required to post here so we can vicariously live through you. (I think that's how the famous saying goes.)

I had my yearly wellness program check at work yesterday. I work for a hospital and they offer a wellness program for employees. You get a basic wellness check with lab work and can earn points for that. You also earn points for doing 6000 steps per day, 30 minutes of cardio, annual wellness doctor visits, etc. You can earn up to $1000 per year that goes into an HRA account for medical expenses. It's really a great option. So, I went in yesterday morning and got some really good numbers back.

BP was 96/60
My weight and BMI are in normal limits (still keeping my weight off from my low-carb dieting and am down nearly 20 lbs from when I started)
Lipid panel also good. My total cholesterol was just barely above normal (202), but my HDL (good cholesterol) was very high and my triglycerides and LDL (bad cholesterol) were very low, so I'm happy with those numbers. My Glycohemoglobin (indicator for diabetes) was also good and well within normal range. Not bad for a 53 year old lady. :D

I love running for a lot of reasons, but certainly my health is a big part of that. So, YAY for seeing the benefits of it.

You go ZellyB!!!
And have fun in Vegas!

Catching up over here...and can't wait to read about Vegas! Glad to see your wonderful health report!

BP was 96/60

That's awesome!! Congrats on doing such a great job taking care of your health.

Ack you Vegas plan looks amazing!
Remember that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas except all the cool pictures you will be required to post here so we can vicariously live through you. (I think that's how the famous saying goes.)

I promise to only keep secret some of what happens in Vegas. :D

Congrats on your geat health report! I love that your company insentivizes it for your! That is really cool.
I love that they do it too and that $1000 comes in handy for various medical expenses.

You go ZellyB!!!
And have fun in Vegas!

Thank you! I will. ;)

Catching up over here...and can't wait to read about Vegas! Glad to see your wonderful health report!

Thanks for checking back in!

That's awesome!! Congrats on doing such a great job taking care of your health.
Thank you!!

Feeling Strong Now
xnwjlJ.gif

Training report 8/27 – 9/2

Sunday 8/27 – Rest day after our 20 mile run. I was feeling a little bit stiff and sore in the legs, but overall not bad at all. We took it pretty easy at home although did try to keep moving around some. Pretty happy with how I was feeling after a long training run.

Monday 8/28 – Back to the track!

tenor.gif

Continuing to build up on the 800m repeats. 4 cadence drill, 4 acceleration glides and 5x800 at half-marathon pace. Yeah, we are still too fast on these. I swear we try to slow down, but it just doesn’t seem to work out. HA! We aren't crazy fast though, so I’m not going to worry about it too much

Tuesday 8/29 – No run. WOMP. WOMP.

giphy.gif

I don’t honestly have a good excuse. I had an early meeting so we were going to have to run a shorter route and I just was tired and didn’t want to go. Shame!

giphy.gif

Wednesday 8/30 – Rest day

Thursday 8/31 – 6 mile run 2:00/30 intervals. This run felt great. We just took it nice and easy and it was over before we knew it. 10:39 pace.

Friday 9/1 – Rest day. We debated about going ahead and running since we skipped Tuesday, but, that didn’t happen.

No-Nope-Never-Not-gonna-happen-GIF.gif

We had a relaxing evening and Chris was hanging out in the hot tub when we got some visitors. We’ve been seeing these little beauties around a lot lately.

They are a little difficult to see, but 3 does. They come to eat the apples that fall from my parents’ apple tree.

Saturday 9/2 – Galloway group run. I felt GREAT on this one. 8 mile run with our :90/:30 intervals. It’s a nice flat course we ran and ended up at a 10:20 pace. That’s pretty much where I need to be for that PR half-marathon attempt in a few weeks and I absolutely felt like I had another 5 miles in me at that pace, so it was a huge confidence booster for me. Go me!

tumblr_mza5xnTSjn1qf9mevo1_500.gif

Now on to the next week. :)

HIGH FIVE! 8 miles at 10:20 is really awesome! Zoom Zoom Zoom

Also, I nearly spit out my coffee at the Debbie Downer gif...bwahaha...been there.

woohoo! Sounds like you had a great training week! Congrats on a great group run. That's the best feeling when you know you have more in you as you finish!

GIFF TWINS!!!! lol

You are killing it! WHOOP! So happy you had a good week and looks like you are right on target with your pace. Sounds so crazy fast to me right now!

Hope you're having another good week lovely! :lovestruc

Your health screening is great news!! My doctor tells me that exercise is the best prescription she can give and I really try to take that to heart.

Speaking of great.... your training runs are on fire! GO GIRL!!!

How was Vegas??

Amazing run on Saturday! If you can do an 8 miler at that pace and still feel good, you should be in amazing shape for your PR attempt. Yay!

HIGH FIVE! 8 miles at 10:20 is really awesome! Zoom Zoom Zoom

Also, I nearly spit out my coffee at the Debbie Downer gif...bwahaha...been there.

I also laughed when I found that one. I love her!

Sounds like a good week! You guys are so speedy!!!

Thanks! It's been such a good year so far. Hoping it stays that way!

woohoo! Sounds like you had a great training week! Congrats on a great group run. That's the best feeling when you know you have more in you as you finish!

For sure. I've had a few where we pushed pace and by the end I wasn't sure I could have kept it up, so Saturday was a great boost.

GIFF TWINS!!!! lol

You are killing it! WHOOP! So happy you had a good week and looks like you are right on target with your pace. Sounds so crazy fast to me right now!

Hope you're having another good week lovely! :lovestruc

Great week so far, thanks! We clearly have excellent taste in gifs.

Your health screening is great news!! My doctor tells me that exercise is the best prescription she can give and I really try to take that to heart.

Speaking of great.... your training runs are on fire! GO GIRL!!!

How was Vegas??

The health benefits are awesome. It's certainly not the only reason I run, but I sure do appreciate when the effects show up - plus earn me money. :)

Vegas is actually this coming weekend. We leave tomorrow evening. WOOHOO!!

Nailing your training run a few weeks out from race day LIKE A BOSS

giphy.gif

Thanks!

Amazing run on Saturday! If you can do an 8 miler at that pace and still feel good, you should be in amazing shape for your PR attempt. Yay!

I'm sure hoping so. I know there will be lots of factors I can't control, but at least I can feel like I've done all the right things leading up to it.

Speedy + feeling great at the end of your run = awesome training week!!

So true!

And, just want to say to all of you who read and comment that I really appreciate all the support I get here. Sometimes when I'm having a tough run, I actually do think about everybody here and how much encouragement I get from you and it makes me want to try that much harder, so - in honor of my Vegas trip.

tenor.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter