Hanging up my running shoes

Congratulations! You totally rocked it today.

I'm on weather watch for my race next weekend and getting a little nervous because it might snow but I'll take that over 80 every time. Way to keep battling!

Such a great recap! (Awesome pics @Chris-Mo !)

Those temperatures are just insane for November- you totally tackled the hot weather like a champ!

The quarter zip and medal are both awesome!! Great swag!

And for the most amazing part... your crew! What an amazing family and friend cheer squad! You should be proud to be raising such sweet kiddos! Your hubby’s comment made me saw “Aw!” out loud.

Great race. Super PR. Fantastic fam and friends. Congratulations!!!!

Great recap Giselle, and huge congrats on a MASSIVE PR in really tough conditions. Nice work pacing & paparazzing as well to @Chris-Mo, that is not an easy job! Training for a marathon really does become a family affair as everyone pitches in one way or another, no matter who is running the actual miles. I love that your family (and friends) all were able to share the day with you in such a big way. The smiles on your face tell the story...even when you had to be feeling the weight of the race seeing them was able to bring it all home.

Thanks for sharing, just a great story :)

What a fun recap to read! (and nice job with the pics, @Chris-Mo!). Congrats on the huge new PR, too! It sounds like a really tough race that was made to be a happy affair by your friends and family - what a great way to make a slog much more enjoyable! Impressive all around.

I did like the quarter zip shirts we got this year.

These are neat! Thumb holes, too? Nice!

Gotta love a guy this organized, right?

I thought that was a myth! (also, impressive!)

I do love our Galloway group so much!

Huge group! How fun!

We were all feeling good and crusing along through our normal stomping grounds of training runs.

The pic that comes after this quote is fantastic, what a squad!

Bit of a slog through here with a long hill, but the trees were beautiful!

I hope you make this a profile picture somewhere. You look even more fabulous than the scenery you're running through (which is nothing to sneeze at!).

Got our medals and posed with a couple of cuties!!

Look at those smiles! I bet they're so proud of you.

They were so proud of their mother and asked her so many questions about her run, it was really awesome.

Love this!

I would like to point out that I took this while running backwards.

:worship: 100% chance I would have fallen.

Congratulations! You totally rocked it today.

I'm on weather watch for my race next weekend and getting a little nervous because it might snow but I'll take that over 80 every time. Way to keep battling!

Thank you. I hope you avoid the snow, but get the cooler temps!!

Such a great recap! (Awesome pics @Chris-Mo !)

Those temperatures are just insane for November- you totally tackled the hot weather like a champ!

The quarter zip and medal are both awesome!! Great swag!

And for the most amazing part... your crew! What an amazing family and friend cheer squad! You should be proud to be raising such sweet kiddos! Your hubby’s comment made me saw “Aw!” out loud.

Great race. Super PR. Fantastic fam and friends. Congratulations!!!!

Thank you. I felt so fortunate to have them out there. It would have been a totally different experience without that support.

Congratulations on the PR and doing an amazing job in that heat! Loved reading about your support crew and seeing all the pics! :)

Thank you so much!

Congrats on the PR!!! Awesome recap! Seriously impressive performance given the conditions.

Thank you. Wish things could have been better regarding the temps, but whatch gonna do? Just make the best of it and I felt like I did that.

Great recap Giselle, and huge congrats on a MASSIVE PR in really tough conditions. Nice work pacing & paparazzing as well to @Chris-Mo, that is not an easy job! Training for a marathon really does become a family affair as everyone pitches in one way or another, no matter who is running the actual miles. I love that your family (and friends) all were able to share the day with you in such a big way. The smiles on your face tell the story...even when you had to be feeling the weight of the race seeing them was able to bring it all home.

Thanks for sharing, just a great story :)

Thank you! @Chris-Mo was my hero as usual on this race! Having that group out there especially at the bitter end to celebrate was wonderful. My favorite pic of the day is the one with my girls at the end.

Congrats on the amazing PR! The trees look so pretty, but 80 wow in November! Way to power through though & crush your PR!

Yeah, this race usually has ideal weather conditions, but you sometimes things just don't work in your favor. AT least it was great weather for the spectators. ;)

First, congrats on the PR and for conquering less than ideal conditions!

Also, your running wardrobe :worship:

And, I bet those post-race beers tasted amazing!

Thank you. Those beers were amazing. As were the chips in queso sauce I picked up at the end. :D

What a fun recap to read! (and nice job with the pics, @Chris-Mo!). Congrats on the huge new PR, too! It sounds like a really tough race that was made to be a happy affair by your friends and family - what a great way to make a slog much more enjoyable! Impressive all around.

Thank you so much!

These are neat! Thumb holes, too? Nice!

Yes, thumb holes! A much better shirt than last year.

I thought that was a myth! (also, impressive!)

HA! He's a keeper.

Huge group! How fun!

I felt pretty special, I can tell you.

The pic that comes after this quote is fantastic, what a squad!
They are a wonderful group. Two of them finished in 5:10. Unfortunately one of them ended up with some stomach troubles and had to slow down. She did finish though and it was her first marathon!

I hope you make this a profile picture somewhere. You look even more fabulous than the scenery you're running through (which is nothing to sneeze at!).

Aw thanks! The trees really were gorgeous.

Look at those smiles! I bet they're so proud of you.

Best moment of the day!

:worship: 100% chance I would have fallen.

You and me both!!

What a super unique medal!! How wonderful for you that your friends and family were along the course, I know most of us don't need that kind of support, but Hell Yeah, does it ever make a difference when it is there!!

Great job!!! That is a massive PR in tough conditions! Looks like you had a great support system in place. Congrats! :banana::banana:

P.S. I must know, where did you get your sparkly shorts?

Congrats on the PR! Even though you didn't get that elusive sub-5, it definitely sounds like you put out your best effort, which is all you can do. I love that you had such an awesome support system behind you - having friends and family out there supporting you really can make such a huge difference. Your friends (and your kids) are amazing! (Although it's probably not hard to be an amazing spectator when you're cheering for rockstar runners like you and Chris)

Whoa! What an AMAZING PR! Totally crushed that race - even in the heat! I love that you ran with a fan club! That's the way to do it!

Congrats! I came over from the running thread to read your report :) Beating your PR by that much in those temperatures is really impressive.

Thanks for coming over to read and for the Congrats.

What a super unique medal!! How wonderful for you that your friends and family were along the course, I know most of us don't need that kind of support, but Hell Yeah, does it ever make a difference when it is there!!

Yeah, the medal is growing on me. I've liked their previous medals better, but they clearly wanted to hype the new aquarium. It really is pretty. It was amazing how much of a boost I got every time I saw them. I'm very lucky!

Great job!!! That is a massive PR in tough conditions! Looks like you had a great support system in place. Congrats! :banana::banana:

P.S. I must know, where did you get your sparkly shorts?

Thank you. It was a good day. :)

The shorts are INKnBURN shorts. They were a limited time order I think or maybe part of a pre-order mystery box. I can't remember for sure now. I don't know if they have any more on their site, but they pop up on eBay and resell groups on Facebook. They were called the Aloha shorts.

Congrats on the PR! Even though you didn't get that elusive sub-5, it definitely sounds like you put out your best effort, which is all you can do. I love that you had such an awesome support system behind you - having friends and family out there supporting you really can make such a huge difference. Your friends (and your kids) are amazing! (Although it's probably not hard to be an amazing spectator when you're cheering for rockstar runners like you and Chris)

Thank you and it really was the best I could do on that day and I think that's why I'm not that disappointed over not hitting my goal. I was really touched at all the support we had. Those folks gave up an entire Sunday morning to be there.

Whoa! What an AMAZING PR! Totally crushed that race - even in the heat! I love that you ran with a fan club! That's the way to do it!

Thank you. If only I could take them with me to every race. :)

I have not run one day since the race. :D
and I'm okay with that.
I was pretty sore come Monday morning and even though I had good intentions to get out on Tuesday and Thursday, I decided it was okay to just take a breather from it. We will head back out there tomorrow morning and then next week back to our regularly scheduled running.

Mostly I wanted to take a minute to say Happy Veteran's Day to my favorite Veteran @Chris-Mo . He's the BEST soldier, running partner, husband and dad, a girl could ask for. I'm happy he's retired though. :D

Untitled by giseleb2, on Flickr

I have not run one day since the race. :D
and I'm okay with that.
I was pretty sore come Monday morning and even though I had good intentions to get out on Tuesday and Thursday, I decided it was okay to just take a breather from it. We will head back out there tomorrow morning and then next week back to our regularly scheduled running.

Mostly I wanted to take a minute to say Happy Veteran's Day to my favorite Veteran @Chris-Mo . He's the BEST soldier, running partner, husband and dad, a girl could ask for. I'm happy he's retired though. :D

Untitled by giseleb2, on Flickr

Happy Veteran's Day @Chris-Mo and THANK YOU for your service!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter