I never thought I'd be happy to smell MANURE!

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
But my windows are open, curtains are blowing --- and I even welcome the smell of 'manure' as it is a true sign that spring is here in our area!
;)

Too funny! I totally understand what you are saying. I just said the same thing a few days ago when it was nice out! You know spring is right around the corner when the smell of poop is in the air! ;) :eek:

wovenwonder, as a former resident of PA Dutch Country I can understand what you mean, but I never did get used to that smell. I'm a born-and-raised New York City boy. The day I moved to Lancaster County the odor hit me like a ton of bricks. "What the heck am I doing here?" It turned out for the best, because that's where I met my DW. We go back to visit her family every year and the smell always gets to me.

We lived in Elizabethtown, PA for a couple of years. We were a few blocks from the M&M/Mars factory. Depending on which direction the wind was blowing, we could either smell chocolate from the plant or manure from the nearby fields. Sometimes the smell would change in a matter of minutes when a cold front would blow by. It was crazy! :eek:

We live out in the country, and when that certain odor wafts through the air, we just think, "Smell the money!"

LOL, Deb.

I know exactly what you mean, Jody. It is the smell of spring in mid Michigan, too.

I love the smell of a good stable, but not the manure smell from the fields. My best friend's daughter (almost mine too:D ) and I say "Oh the sweet smell of the barn" every Friday when we arrive there for her riding lesson.

I always say AHHHHHHHH clears the sinuses! We live next to a corn field, we love our farmer. Of course new houses went in and the city slickers complained about the smell and brought a petition around. Also a petition about the dog kennel and the barking when it has been there for 25 years. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So I had to ask - Why did you move out to the country again??

As my son would say, "It stinks"
As my equestrian daughter would say, "Smells like fresh air to me"

Of course new houses went in and the city slickers complained about the smell and brought a petition around.

It's happening in growing suburbs all over the country. Isn't it ridiculous? I didn't like the smell when I moved to Lancaster, but that's a part of life out there. I sure wasn't about to write my congressman about it! I've seen people honking at tractors and several near-accidents between motor vehicles and Amish buggies.

A lot of my relatives moved out of New York City to get away from the traffic and get a slice of country life. Now all they do is complain about all the traffic out in the boonies. I just laugh at them for being so naive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter