I only have 8 days- HELP!

kandyisdandy

Earning My Ears
I gotta say, I have been researching disney for 8 months and this is BY FAR one of the best sites I have been to. I need some help from the pros... What days are the best to visit each park? We plan on doing all four parks plus a waterpark. We will arrive on Fri (evening) and leave the next Fri (evening). I have heard so many conflicting stories. The woman at our hotel said Sun is a good day for MK- someone else said avoid Mon when it comes to MK. Someone ELSE said Wed is the best day to visit any park. What worked best for you? Please help- I only have 8 days!!
kandy

Kandy,

It all depends on who you ask. Is this your first visit to the world? Everyone says don't do MK on Saturday and I believe that the Unofficial Guide says go on Sunday. I will be going on Saturday this year. I also arrive on a Friday afternoon (May 14th) and I always want to see MK before any other park so we have MK scheduled for Saturday.

My family and I base our decisions on what days to visit each park by what we want to do. Now I wouldn't be saying that if I was going in July.

I think it depends on when you are going and who will be with you. I would say avoid the MK on weekends and Mondays or near any holidays. I have heard that visiting the AK in the second half of the day is much better for seeing animals and for crowds. MGM mid-week and Epcot any day BUT early entry seem to be the consensus. As you mentioned, Wednesdays seem to be the best days for all parks. Like I said though, it all kinda depends. You'll have a blast no matter what, so enjoy!
If you

I would say avoid MK on a Sunday or Monday - possibly even Friday. Heck, MK is always crowded. :crazy:

I think that the majority of people travel on a Saturday, so this could be a good day, but then again, MK is always crowded, so your best bet is to just get there early no matter what day you do.

We have found that this works best when we want to see & do alot:

--Make sure you're there are park opening.

--FP the attraction you want to do most & then ride your 2nd choice.

--As soon as you can, get a FP for another attraction (check your FP ticket or get another one as soon as you have used your FP)

--AK has a lot of shows, but if you time them right & utilize FP you can see just about everything by about 3:00 or so.

Sometimes we eat lunch in the parks & do a few more things before heading back for a swim or sometimes we just leave & eat at the pool.

My biggest tip would be to get there early - that's when you'll see the most. The majority of the crowds will start showing up around 10 a.m. (although don't be fooled - it will still be crowded at opening! :eek: )

Then, after your break you can head back to the same park or another one.

Have a great time. You'll be able to see quite a bit in 8 days & hopefully have some down time too. Don't overdo it! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter