I put down a deposit on points at BWV

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
Well, I bit the bullet and put down a deposit for points at BWV. After hearing a couple of horror stories about resales, I wound up calling DVC directly, and was able to secure some points through them. I decided it was worth a little extra money not to have to wait for ROFR, and just have everything taken care of directly with Disney.

I should receive the paperwork in a few days, and since I'm heading down there in a few weeks, I've set up an appointment to tour SSR (just in case I change my mind about wanting BWV as my home resort) and finalize details. So, by this time next month it should be a done deal.

I'm excited and nervous about it at the same time, but after hearing everyone talking about it, I know it's the right decision.

I also have a wonderful guide helping me out--Linda Steetman. She is just so helpful, and very personable and fun to talk to. And no pressure to commit whatsoever. I feel like I've known her for years, and it's only been a few days.

Karen

Wow that sounds so exciting!

I did not know that you could get anything but SSR at this time.

Personally I would be more inclined to BWV or BCV just because of location. My that is me.

Best of luck to you.

Originally posted by GoofyJoofy

I did not know that you could get anything but SSR at this time.

These are points that DVC repurchased through ROFR. Or foreclosed on.

TLinden, how many points? I'm sure you will enjoy being a DVC member.

Hooray and Congratulations!

Now you can walk *home* from Jellyrolls! :teeth: I'm so looking forward to that on our first trip home next October.

Congratulations! We have now done four purchases direct through Disney. Resale has some advantages, but we have found that the speed with which you get points, DVC's payment of closing costs and prorating of maintenance fees, and no ambiguity about banked or borrowed points has made direct purchase a good option for us.

GoofyJoofy, I had heard that on occassion you can buy points for the other DVC resorts direct from Disney as a new member. It just made more sense to me to go that route, since I really wanted my home resort to be in that area, and I like that my contract ends in 2042. When I thought about doing SSR and thought about having it to 2054, it hit me I'll be 82 years old then. Hopefully I'll be retired down there by then :)

OneMoreTry, I got 170 points. Since 90% of the time, I travel by myself or just one other adult, I'll really only need a studio. And I always travel in the off-season, so that gives me enough points for a full week, and another five nights in a studio.

Princesstommi, does my reputation preceed me on this DVC board? I know, my signature gave me away. Yes, having my home resort near Jellyrolls was a consideration (but not the main reason) I wanted to have that area for my home resort. I just really like that area.

Doctor P, those were some of the factors when I was going through whether to try to go through Disney or going through resale. It was worth a little extra dough for me, and having the full points for 2004 with the pro-rated maintenance fees is a nice thing, too :)

I already have a member number, and my guide said I could book today if I wanted :)

Karen

Congratulations! We love our Boardwalk home!

I know you like early December and that is a popular time for DVC'ers (the points are low). You'll enjoy having that 11 month window at Boardwalk!

Congrats!!!!!

What use year did you get? Linda is our guide too. She's a sweetheart. I swear I don't want any more points but every time I read a post like this the crave comes back.

Enjoy!

"Welcome Home" Karen - so happy that you decided to join the club - it's great - but then you've heard me say that over and over and .... - I'm sure you'll enjoy staying at BWV!

Wdwlvr, wow, people remember more about me than I expected around here. Yes, I do enjoy going to WDW in early Dec. This will be my third year, and I went two times previously. I guess I'll be booking 11 months out for next Dec. this year :)

Msdis, Linda is fantastic. My use year is going to be June. She also had a use year in Feb. available, but I decided to go with the June use year because I would have lost most of the 2004 points on a Feb. use year because I can't take another trip before than (after my Dec. trip), and I would have only been able to bank 25% of them. Plus, I think the June use year makes more sense for me for a couple of reasons, including Boston winters, and the times of year I usually travel.

Karen

* WELCOME HOME *

mickeypiano.jpg

Congrats and welcome home!

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much per point it was? We really want to add on at BCV and I'm curious as to the current price. Our initial points at BCV and 25-50 points at SSR would be confusing for me to keep track of. :crazy: Thanks!

Stimpy, it is $89 per point. FYI, my guide told me it is very rare for them to end up with BCV points, and she said when they do, they are snatched up right away.

Karen

Thanks for the quick response! Good Luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts