I realize this is looking WAYY ahead to the future but...

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a theory as to whether or not there will be any major discounts offered at WDW for the summer of 2020? (Free dining? room only discounts? etc). Planning a WDW trip has now become a major long term process for us and though it may sound crazy June 1st, 2019 to ask about July/August 2020, I really want to have some idea of how to plan ahead so as to make it affordable. Thanks!

Thanks DLgal - By late winter/early spring you mean March or April I assume? However I believe I saw the 'free dining' package for summer of 2019 came out in January/February this year, yes?

With all the new stuff scheduled to open up by then, there might not be the need to offer many discounts. They seem to be reduced in value or dates as years go by.

2020 packages will be released starting in July - I would book it as soon as your dates are available to give you the most time to pay it off. If a discoun5 comes out for you4 dates, you can always call and have it applied to your reservation.

2020 packages will be released starting in July - I would book it as soon as your dates are available to give you the most time to pay it off. If a discoun5 comes out for you4 dates, you can always call and have it applied to your reservation.
Just to add, WDW doesn't "apply" discounts. They search for availability and IF they have a discount available, you can obtain a discount. If you book early, that may lessen the chance for a discount on a particular desired room or resort.

If it's important to book early, it is a good plan to book the room you will be happy to pay for, rack rate. Then when discounts come out you can compare pricing and book something else if you'd like.

Free Dining isn't necessarily the cheapest way to go. Most of the time you pay less taking a room discount and paying for your meals OOP. Do some research.

It was announced today that 2020 packages will be released on June 18th. So, we'll all have a better idea for prices soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter