I really hope it doesn't get worse before

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
it gets better!!

So we are 12 days away from our Disney trip and last night after washing our girls blankets I noticed the washing machine didn't drain. The blankets were soaked! No water in the machine (Front loader) but dripping blankets. I put it back on spin and 20 minutes later still soaked. I then noticed water on the floor between the washer and water heater. I tilted the machine back and water came out of the side at a seam so I figured the washer has finally gave out (it's 9 years old) so .... Today my wife went and picked out a new pair ($1,500.00) and they were able to deliver and install today! I came home and cleaned up all the mess and noticed there is still water on the floor. After a lot of searching for the source I found out it's our water heater! So now we had a washing machine and water heater both go out the same day. What are the chances? Me and my wife both have super busy weeks before we go on vacation as well as this weekend we are taking the girls on the Polar Express train ride in Bryson City NC. I really need some positive vibes to get through the next few days or at least a few stiff drinks!

I feel your pain. We haven’t had heat OR hot water for 2 days now and we are still waiting for the part to come and then they still have to schedule a technician so it could be a few more days

Day temps are 26 (-3 Celsius)
Night temps are 12 (-11 Celsius)

We bought a few portable heaters but I can’t stand it

Positive vibes for us both!

Positive vibes and Warm ones too, Mamalema!

And we ve been complaining here with our cold front... down to low 70s today. One easily gets spoiled. here.

I feel your pain. We haven’t had heat OR hot water for 2 days now and we are still waiting for the part to come and then they still have to schedule a technician so it could be a few more days

wow! So sorry to hear this. I guess my situation isn't that bad but it's still so stressful! I hope you get your parts and heat soon!

Sending positive energy!

Do you have an electric blanket or throw? Just to use while you’re awake.

it gets better!!

So we are 12 days away from our Disney trip and last night after washing our girls blankets I noticed the washing machine didn't drain. The blankets were soaked! No water in the machine (Front loader) but dripping blankets. I put it back on spin and 20 minutes later still soaked. I then noticed water on the floor between the washer and water heater. I tilted the machine back and water came out of the side at a seam so I figured the washer has finally gave out (it's 9 years old) so .... Today my wife went and picked out a new pair ($1,500.00) and they were able to deliver and install today! I came home and cleaned up all the mess and noticed there is still water on the floor. After a lot of searching for the source I found out it's our water heater! So now we had a washing machine and water heater both go out the same day. What are the chances? Me and my wife both have super busy weeks before we go on vacation as well as this weekend we are taking the girls on the Polar Express train ride in Bryson City NC. I really need some positive vibes to get through the next few days or at least a few stiff drinks!
pixiedust::drinking1:drinking1

it gets better!!

Think of it this way - you have the wealth/ability to get a new washer and dryer and have a Disney trip in the works. That's a blessing, isn't it?

Those things always seem to happen at the worst time. At least you noticed the water heater problem while you were home. Think of all the damage that could have happened if the leak happened when you were out of town. With the bad stuff out of the way, you can relax and enjoy your trip.

How old is your house? We live in a neighborhood that is newer construction. Some houses are approaching 10 years old now and are finding all the big ticket items are starting to go at once. My neighbor has had to replace his central AC, water heater, and fridge all this year.

How old is your house? We live in a neighborhood that is newer construction. Some houses are approaching 10 years old now and are finding all the big ticket items are starting to go at once. My neighbor has had to replace his central AC, water heater, and fridge all this year.
House was built in 89. We bought it in 2001. All appliances have been updated a few times and my water heater is top of the line. But good news as it’s fixed!

Thanks for the good vibes! New washer and dryer are working great and the water heater didn’t need replacing! It’s only 3 years old and a very good one. The problem was a pin hole in the drain valve. A good friend of mine who is a plumber came by at 6:00 this morning and found the problem. We drained it and replaced the valve in less than an hour :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter