I really realized the value of my DVC on my last trip

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I have only taken two trips with my DVC but it wasn't until the last one a couple weeks ago did I really realize the value of it and not in terms of money. We stayed one night at POR. Love this resort, it is so beautiful. But the room and the bathroom, oh the bathroom seemed so small to me verses the studios we have been staying in. I was quickly looking forward to our room at SSR.

Now don't get me wrong, if a moderate was all I could stay in for the rest of my life, I would be proud to do so. But man, the extra room the studios have given us has really spoiled me.

Wait til you try a 1 bedroom, LOL!

This 100% lol We just got back from our second DVC stay, this time in a 1 bedroom villa at the Grand Californian. Heavenly. It was bigger than the first 3 places my husband and I lived together :rotfl2: We've now done 1 bedrooms twice.....yep, not going to a Studio lol To be fair, there are 4 of us so maybe if my dh and I ever travel without the kids we'll do a studio.....:rotfl:

Our welcome home trip is next month. We are starting in a studio and SS then moving to a 1 bedroom at OKW. You guys are getting me excited and scared at the same time. Excited just to be owners :) Scared that I will fall in love with the 1bd and want to purchase more points to be able to stay there. We are owners at CC and haven't been able to find any availability (well unless we want a cabin)

Our welcome home trip is next month. We are starting in a studio and SS then moving to a 1 bedroom at OKW. You guys are getting me excited and scared at the same time. Excited just to be owners :) Scared that I will fall in love with the 1bd and want to purchase more points to be able to stay there. We are owners at CC and haven't been able to find any availability (well unless we want a cabin)
Congratulations and Welcome Home! Those Cabins are quite nice, btw. We thoroughly enjoyed our few nights there for my birthday last year.

I find it hard to stay in a "hotel room" anywhere! We like the extra space, Washer/Dryer, and the second TV in 1 bedrooms!

I have. Believe me, me and my husband did once at HH. Ya, I have to stay out of those, lol.

The 1 BR at HHI is what "sealed the deal" on 1 BRs for me. I admit that we tried going back to staying in a studio once at HHI, and all I did was b***h and moan about missing my 1 BR. The 1 BR at OKW just reaffirmed for me that we'd made the right decision.

In HHI, we always take a one bedroom.

At WDW, we go about 1/2 and 1/2, one bedroom and studio.

At VB, it’s OVIR that’s our preference.

This makes me really excited for our future trip. There are only three of us so we are going to try to stick with a studio with a premium view.

Wait til you try a 1 bedroom, LOL!
Too true!
We used to stay at Deluxe Resorts. Then joined DVC and started in a studio. Then got a 1BR. Now we're hooked on the 1 BR, no matter what the resort.
Some times we have family stay with us in a 1 BR, sometimes, its just the 2 of us and we love it!
I read all the warnings, didn't believe them. Now we're living it and loving it!

This 100% lol We just got back from our second DVC stay, this time in a 1 bedroom villa at the Grand Californian. Heavenly. It was bigger than the first 3 places my husband and I lived together :rotfl2: We've now done 1 bedrooms twice.....yep, not going to a Studio lol To be fair, there are 4 of us so maybe if my dh and I ever travel without the kids we'll do a studio.....:rotfl:
This is us! We originally bought in to BLT to use for studios and occasionally a 1br. So far we have stayed in a 1BR and a 2BR, and will try a studio for a long weekend without the kids. We've gotten so spoiled.

ETA: We originally bought in to BLT to use for studios and occasionally a 1br for one week a year. in 2018 we have done 3 trips for a total of 18 days, and 2019 will be 2 trips for about 20 days total for the kids, plus one long 3 day/2 night weekend for the adults that DH doesn't know about. Oops.

Last edited:

Allow me to add to your fear. :duck:You will fall in love with the 1-bedroom and you'll want more points. At least, that's how it is for us. Typically, since there are only two of us on most trips, we do stay in a studio and they're nice. But almost without fail, my wife will ask: "Can we get a one bedroom?" And I have to remind her how many more points that will be. The difference between a studio and the 1-bedroom is significant, and it goes beyond just the size of the accommodation. Good luck. Oh, and welcome home!

We used to stay in studios all the time, but when we bought into SSR we decided to try out a 1 bedroom since the point value was inexpensive compared to other resorts. Like others have said before, having the full kitchen, the washer and dryer in the room, and added space is why we bought into DVC in the first place. Then we decided to try a 2 bedroom, well that was it we are completely, so much that DH insisted on buying more points because he couldn't go back to a studio unless it is for a quick couple night trip, which of course I didn't complain about :goodvibes. There are 4 of us with 2 teenage girls and the extra bedroom with the extra bathrooms make it so much easier for all of us, plus each girl gets to sleep in their own beds and have their own bathrooms to get ready in before heading out for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter