I see 125 pt. minimum on the DVC website, what happened to the October 19th date for the increase?

Theta

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any insight to this?

Thought we would have the weekend to think about it.

Does anyone have any insight to this?

Thought we would have the weekend to think about it.
Where does it show that? I still see fine print with 100. I think if you get started before the close of business on Monday you will be fine. However if you’re interested I’d get started ASAP Monday morning. You will have 10 days to cancel anyways.

Oh, I was just going through "Cost of Membership" prompts and after I picked the lowest category for each choice, it offered a minimum of 125. Has it always been 125 or is that an indication it will change?

I now see the 100 point minimum in the fine print.

Oh, I was just going through "Cost of Membership" prompts and after I picked the lowest category for each choice, it offered a minimum of 125. Has it always been 125 or is that an indication it will change?

I now see the 100 point minimum in the fine print.
I'm pretty sure that you used to be able to select 100 points on the cost of membership tool. I had heard from guides that a contract had to be started before the 19th to get in before the minimum increase. So the last day would've been Friday the 16th because they are closed on the weekends right now.

Does any know if you bought a 75 point and a 50 point contract and later sold one of them. Would your remaining contract still be eligible for blue card discounts?

Does any know if you bought a 75 point and a 50 point contract and later sold one of them. Would your remaining contract still be eligible for blue card discounts?
Depends on when you bought the 75 point contract. If you purchased the 75 point contract prior to September 17, 2019, that contract will remain eligible for benefits. If you bought that 75 point contract after that date, it's dead to Disney without its supplemental contract to meet the minimum at the time of purchase (currently 50).

Reports last week were the 16th was the last day so anyone thinking should call today and pull the trigger if it has not yet changed.

Depends on when you bought the 75 point contract. If you purchased the 75 point contract prior to September 17, 2019, that contract will remain eligible for benefits. If you bought that 75 point contract after that date, it's dead to Disney without its supplemental contract to meet the minimum at the time of purchase (currently 50).
I was thinking that if someone bought them after the 125 point minimum and then sold one later would they be considered grandfathered on the remaining contract.

I was thinking that if someone bought them after the 125 point minimum and then sold one later would they be considered grandfathered on the remaining contract.

If you buy with the 125 limit, then you must remain above that 125 at all times to continue benefits,

So, if one buys 200 points but splits them into 100 and 100 and then sells the 100, they fell below and lose benefits,

To get them back, the owner would now be required to meet whatever minimum is in place when adding back on, they wouldn’t be grandfathered into 125

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter