"I smell Elephants" and Forbidden Journey's, Jaydens Make a Wish trip !

I know .. so exciting !! :cool1:

We are doing LAX .. it's cheaper and we have Disney Resort express. We don't mind the drive since we've never been to CA before and I'm sure our noses will be pressed against the windows taking it all in !
We are staying at the Marriott Suites on Harbor BLVD ... still not sure how you get to the parks. I guess theres some sort of trolley/buses ?? I just hope the stops aren't too far from our hotel. :confused3

that's good your taking the Express, LA traffic is :scared1:. and LAX is huge!

yes there trolley/bus system is called "THE ART" Anaheim Rapid Transit, they are usually trolley looking buses, you can preorder your passes if your booking through disney or probably get it at the hotel....I think that is too far down Harbor to walk if I remember right...here is their web site - www.rideart.org it has schedules, routes and prices!

are you planning any character meals? DLR is really different from WDW for those, not as many.
a place I love to eat at is the Carnation Cafe, food is so yummy and fresh!

that's good your taking the Express, LA traffic is :scared1:. and LAX is huge!

yes there trolley/bus system is called "THE ART" Anaheim Rapid Transit, they are usually trolley looking buses, you can preorder your passes if your booking through disney or probably get it at the hotel....I think that is too far down Harbor to walk if I remember right...here is their web site - www.rideart.org it has schedules, routes and prices!

are you planning any character meals? DLR is really different from WDW for those, not as many.
a place I love to eat at is the Carnation Cafe, food is so yummy and fresh!
I've been doing some research and discovered the ART. Sounds like the way to go for us. :thumbsup2

I don't think we'll do any character dining. We are on a very tight budget, so it will be QS meals for us. But that's ok .. we'll see characters along the way.

Disneyland - NICE!!! I`ve never been but definitely want to go :)

Happy planning!!

Thanks .. I'm still in shock that it's actually going to happen ! :eek:
You should definitely plan a trip ! :thumbsup2

I've been doing some research and discovered the ART. Sounds like the way to go for us. :thumbsup2

I don't think we'll do any character dining. We are on a very tight budget, so it will be QS meals for us. But that's ok .. we'll see characters along the way.

Thanks .. I'm still in shock that it's actually going to happen ! :eek:
You should definitely plan a trip ! :thumbsup2

yes you will see lots of characters! lots of good QS too!
oh and if the boys are up to sitting for 45 minutes, go see the Aladdin show in DCA its AMAZING! even better than Beauty & the Beast in DHS!!

:cool1: Woohoo for your trip to Disneyland. Every year DH keeps saying we are going but I don't think I can handle the long flight.:(

yes you will see lots of characters! lots of good QS too!
oh and if the boys are up to sitting for 45 minutes, go see the Aladdin show in DCA its AMAZING! even better than Beauty & the Beast in DHS!!

I've heard good things about the Aladdin show ! We just might have to do that. :thumbsup2

:cool1: Woohoo for your trip to Disneyland. Every year DH keeps saying we are going but I don't think I can handle the long flight.:(

I'm SO not looking forward to a 6 hour flight !! BUT it's one of Jayden's dreams .. and you know, the things we do for our kids !! :love: If he's willing to do it .. then I guess I am too !

Happy Birthday! hope their day is filled with lots of fun!

Ahhhh~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday! hope their day is filled with lots of fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jayden and Jesse! Hope that your birthday is filled with lots of magic and love! pixiedust:

Happy belated birthday!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone ! The boys had a wonderful birthday celebration with friends and family.
It's been very quiet around here with them both busy working on their new Lego sets. :thumbsup2

On with the report ! Finally. ;)

Today was going to be our second AK day. The first day we had skipped a couple of things and we were looking forward to going back and doing them today. But first, some much loved pool time !

photo-1632.jpg
[/IMG]

We really did have some amazing weather and we enjoyed our morning pool time SO much !
After pool time, we headed back to our room (still dreading the mile walk back to our room :rolleyes2). A quick change and we were off !

We still made it to the park at around 11:15, not bad considering we went to the pool beforehand !

We headed to Kilimanjaro Safari's and stopped to snap a few pics of that wonderful tree !!

072.jpg
[/IMG]

073.jpg
[/IMG]

We got to Kilimanjaro and enjoyed our second safari of the trip. I could do this ride every day and still enjoy it every bit as much !

Jesse and Jayden took these pics ..

081.jpg
[/IMG]
080.jpg
[/IMG]
077-1.jpg
[/IMG]
076-1.jpg
[/IMG]
animalK1.jpg
[/IMG]

Once off the safari ride we headed over to Maharajah Jungle trek since we opted not to do this our first AK day.
The boys always enjoy this little excursion, especially the bats !

animalK2.jpg
[/IMG]
154_154.jpg
[/IMG]
animalK3.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-1606.jpg
[/IMG]
083.jpg
[/IMG]
084.jpg
[/IMG]
085.jpg
[/IMG]
088.jpg
[/IMG]

As we exited the Jungle trek there was a table set up with a game for the kids to play. It was all about conservation and the best choices to make when choosing school lunch and what packaging you should use .. stuff like that. The boys enjoyed it and it was a nice little break.

091.jpg
[/IMG]

continued in next post ..

By this time we were getting very hungry and I wanted to go over to Yak and Yeti counter service to get some chicken and rice. I had really liked it last time, but this time it just seemed very sweet (it was orange chicken) and I hate about half of it and I was done !

With a full belly we were off to conquer the Yeti !!

Again, we had seats that were pretty much up front, which I prefer since it doesn't seem so bad when you're going backwards !

Then we hit up Dinosaur.

092.jpg
[/IMG]

This ride gets me every time ! No matter how many times I go on it .. I scream at the Dinosaurs .. :rolleyes2

After that, I was ready for a break so we headed to the Boneyard. ;)

093.jpg
[/IMG]
094.jpg
[/IMG]
095.jpg
[/IMG]
096.jpg
[/IMG]
097.jpg
[/IMG]

After that .. we called it a day and went back to CBR. We stopped off at OPR to get a bite to eat and I had to laugh as we headed back to our room since I could SEE Pop Century so close to our room and joked how we could probably get to their food court faster than our own ! :rolleyes2

Tomorrow was our last day and we were going out with a bang at Magic Kingdom ! :cool1:

Great AK pictures...Jayden and Jesse did great with the safari pics! ::yes:: Oh, this is all making me so homesick for WDW! :sad: Oh, but you guys get to hit up DL soon! :goodvibes Another trip I can live vicariously through! :cool1: :lmao:

Great AK pictures...Jayden and Jesse did great with the safari pics! ::yes:: Oh, this is all making me so homesick for WDW! :sad: Oh, but you guys get to hit up DL soon! :goodvibes Another trip I can live vicariously through! :cool1: :lmao:

Thanks ! They love taking pics .. and honestly .. not to sound ungrateful .. but I have SO many pics of that safari .. I was like .. "here guy, YOU take the pics this time !" and they were more than happy to oblige. ::yes::

I still can't believe we are going to Disneyland and California Adventure/Carsland !! It all happened so fast, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we are going in less than 50 days !! :scared1:

Wow, that was a good arrival time considering you had pool time first!! in the summer when my DD is sleeping in i'm lucky if I can even GET to the pool if that's on our agenda by 1:30!!! lol. Thank goodness in WDW she's a different person and likes to be in the parks early like her dad and I do :)

Looks like it was a nice day!

Sorry I haven't updated my trip report in a while. A very sad thing happened a couple of weeks ago .. and my heart hasn't been into it.
A dear friend of mines son was diagnosed with leukemia on July 10th. He was admitted into the hospital to start chemo and all the other million tests and such. He was contacted by the "Why Me ?" organization who granted him a wish. He wanted the same wish as Jayden and was very excited that they had ok'd it ! But he didn't make it to see his wish fulfilled. He passed away on Aug 16th at 17 years old. It was unexpected. Sounds weird to say that .. he had cancer, after all. But when I had found out he had cancer .. the thought of him not making it didn't seem possible. He was an amazing young man who touched many lives. He also had Aspergers and while he was so different .. it was those differences that made you love him so much. My heart is broken for his family and no words can express how sad we all are.
Sorry to share such a sad story to what is supposed to be about a happy trip that we had. It WAS an amazing trip .. but this just made me stop and realize that for every child that gets to fulfill a wish .. there's one out there who didn't.
RIP John Michael ...

324731_10151379417832516_1978949842_o1.jpg
[/IMG]

Moodyzblu said:
Sorry I haven't updated my trip report in a while. A very sad thing happened a couple of weeks ago .. and my heart hasn't been into it.
A dear friend of mines son was diagnosed with leukemia on July 10th. He was admitted into the hospital to start chemo and all the other million tests and such. He was contacted by the "Why Me ?" organization who granted him a wish. He wanted the same wish as Jayden and was very excited that they had ok'd it ! But he didn't make it to see his wish fulfilled. He passed away on Aug 16th at 17 years old. It was unexpected. Sounds weird to say that .. he had cancer, after all. But when I had found out he had cancer .. the thought of him not making it didn't seem possible. He was an amazing young man who touched many lives. He also had Aspergers and while he was so different .. it was those differences that made you love him so much. My heart is broken for his family and no words can express how sad we all are.
Sorry to share such a sad story to what is supposed to be about a happy trip that we had. It WAS an amazing trip .. but this just made me stop and realize that for every child that gets to fulfill a wish .. there's one out there who didn't.
RIP John Michael ...

[/IMG]

I am so so sorry. His story is heartbreaking. I will say a prayer for you guys and his family. Life is definitely not fair :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!