I think I made a big mistake

I have a trip planned for December 8-13 I'm going with my boyfriend his first trip ever.
I'd say this is probably the more salient thing to think about. Giving him an idea of what to expect will probably go a long long way rather than focusing on SWGE opening up sometime in the 'fall' of this year.

We are going to see if Disney works for us as a wedding destination:lovestruc
I can understand that. Seeing pictures,even videos doesn't always give the full story. It def. works as a destination but from what I'm understanding you're looking to see if it's what you're looking for for the place you'd be getting married at.

We can advoid Hollywood studios but will the three other parks be just as crazy
I wouldn't go so far as to avoid it if you truly would want to do things at DHS but I would keep my eye out on updates of opening day so if it happens before you go you can get an idea of at least some sort of impact it could have on DHS traffic and flow. It's hard to predict what the other parks impact would be but I would go in thinking the others will be busy to keep that expectation going.

I think your good either way. Doesn’t get crazy till around the 17th. People have the same work schedules and school closings don’t change cause of galaxys edge opening.

No stress.

People from other countries don't go by U.S. schedule, and people without kids would try to go before the holidays... I would definitely plan on major crowds starting opening day.

Are you locked into December dates? If it were me (as I'm not a huge SW fan) I would look into re-booking my trip to earlier dates this time if that's an option. Many people who go to SW will be visitors traveling from a distance so while they may go to DHS for a day or 2, the rest of their time they'll be in the other parks.

I think we all know, and you know.....it's going to be bananas. Absolutely bonkers.
You also know how pretty it's going to be with the Christmas decorations, so you have a tough decision. Deal with insane crowds, or not.
Only you know your capacity for such things. You surely don't want to be frustrated and anxious. If you're not that type, then don't worry about it and make the best of it!

I haven't been to a wedding at WDW, but along the way have talked to many who had their wedding at WDW. From cheaper to more expensive, all had a really good experience with it.

Yes it will be crazy busy whether SWGE has opened or not.
Go in with the expectation that it will be busy, get ADRs booked when you can, book your FPs, and enjoy the decorations.
It is really decorated very nicely over Christmas.

Thank you all I am going to go with the mindset that its going to be as busy as Christmas day with a hope of slightly less crowds . We are still going I have warned my fiance and hes just happy to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!