I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

I'm sorry the first day was a bit rough. Perhaps it was just due to the long day of driving and not really knowing what to expect. Good idea to ensure he could go off to a store he could enjoy first thing - even adding in the pit stop for a drink. Sorry you couldn't enjoy yourself as much having to ensure a lookout for the littles. I'm glad to know the rest of the trip is positive. After our first trip my DH actually requested that I plan the exact trip again - It was a requirement to stay at the same resort. Kinda cute.

I'm sure the boys were beyond thrilled with their purchases.

I'm sorry you had such a rough first day, but hey, you had nowhere to go but up, which it sounds like you did! I had one of those frustrated crying moments on my trip too (but it was due to DS instead of DH). It's a crappy feeling on a vacation, but it's great when you can put it aside and move forward.

Thanks for all the replies! I plan to come back and respond individually tonight as well as do an update! I spent last night downloading Photopass photos and resizing photos so I should be all ready to go tonight!

Thanks for being patient with me!

I was going to say since I know his feelings changed I'm not worried about this.....however I had no idea how yucky your first day was :(
Thank you for the sympathy. It is almost hard for me to remember it because honestly *spoiler alert* this was my best trip ever!

I'm thinking between here and RF we'll be eating at the resort a lot next month.
I'll be paying attention to your reports!

I actually have clients who just came home today from Disney; the husband was against the trip from the start. The wife emailed me every night to fill me in on their day and it always involved him complaining, including refusing to wear a poncho this past Wed. when it poured in Epcot from 3-9pm. Then he stormed off completely pissed that he was soaked. Her and the kids enjoyed the trip as much as he allowed them to but I really feel bad for them.
Oh goodness. I hate that. And glad that was not me!

I'm just glad that (and sorry I'm spoiling your report!) things got better!
For sure!

So jealous that you can leave your house at 7 and be at disney just 8 hours later.
I know that when I have an AP...I will probably get myself in all kinds of Disney trouble....lol.

Also loving how quickly you all had drinks in your hand. My kinda people :drinking1
That was definitely the plan! LOL

Sorry the weather and the shopping and the hubby weren't the greatest your first day, but hoping from your title all that turns around quickly.
It most definitely did!

Following along. Can't wait to hear about your trip. We love wilderness lodge too, especially in the winter time though. But beach club will always be my favorite.
Yes, if I could go at Christmas, I'm sure it would be lovely. I used to go in December but its been 10 years. Maybe one day I will make it back at that time. And I definitely want to try Beach Club one of these trips!

Following! And yes, I'm drooling over the LLR Disney collection. Still haven't ruled out buying at least 1 outfit.
Thank you for joining in! I love the LLR pieces! I went a little crazy on this launch and bought about 7 pieces.

I'm sorry the first day was a bit rough. Perhaps it was just due to the long day of driving and not really knowing what to expect.
Yes, I think so. We talked about it recently and he specifically mentioned the drive.

After our first trip my DH actually requested that I plan the exact trip again - It was a requirement to stay at the same resort. Kinda cute.
Love it!

I'm sorry about the first day. It might have been stress from traveling.
Yes, I think so.

I'm sorry you had such a rough first day, but hey, you had nowhere to go but up, which it sounds like you did!
Definitely so!

I had one of those frustrated crying moments on my trip too (but it was due to DS instead of DH). It's a crappy feeling on a vacation, but it's great when you can put it aside and move forward.
Oh no...sorry to hear. Yes, as mothers I think we are used to doing that for everyone's sake.

Day Two 6/4/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 1)

I honestly don't know what time we went to bed the night before but I know it was later than I wanted. But I still set the alarm for 6am because I was going to make it to Magic Kingdom before 8:30 (hopefully earlier). I got the coffee going and started getting ready. Around 6:45, I woke up DH, and I finished doing what I had to do. I started the process of waking the boys around 7. It took way longer than I planned to get everyone up and out the door - I think we probably had some breakfast and some more coffee - but the fact is that WL is very close to MK so it wasn't a very long trip. I don't think we waited long, if at all, for a bus to MK. It may have been waiting on us or just pulling up as we got to the bus depot.

Here are some bus photos that were taken at 8:02am:
bus.jpg

IMG_6128.JPG

We arrived quickly to MK and went fairly quickly through both bag check and the turnstiles. We had these PP photos taken at 8:17am - just 15 minutes after the bus photos:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_403009019003.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050670787.jpeg
And yes, I remembered to get them out of the stroller for all the PP photos this trip! :)

We got in and I think we made a pit stop before we finally rounded the corner and I caught the first glance at this beauty:
IMG_6129.JPG
I most definitely teared up at the sight! We decided to get in line and get some more PP photos:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050676259.jpeg
Honestly, I need to learn how to stand in a more forgiving manner for photos. But truthfully, they are motivation for working out and losing weight!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050676265.jpeg
These two were definitely excited!

We walked up closer to Main Street and got a good spot to see the Welcome Show. I was so excited that we had actually made it on time! A good start to the actual park days! Chad and I had to be goofy:
IMG_6131.JPG
A common theme for Chad this trip....lol.

The photo above was taken at 8:39 so we had about 15 minutes to wait for the show. Finally though, it was time!
IMG_6132.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

Obviously I have seen the train station show on you tube and this doesn't compare at all, as far as shows go...but figuratively, it is the opening to the Magic Kingdom! And it was our first park day, so of course we loved it and cheered and went along with it.

As soon as the park was officially open, we headed over to Adventureland toward Jungle Cruise. I was expecting less of a crowd to stop at JC, but no...quite a few people did. And there was a hold up at the entrance so people were just lining up outside the attraction. Chad was already questioning my planning ability, but we stuck with it and a few minutes later the queue opened. We still ended up with a fairly longer wait than I had expected but it is what it is and we made do.

The ride was fine...nothing great, but a classic that DH enjoyed. Once off the ride, we had planned to go to BTMRR, but it was already much later than anticipated and we did have an ADR in a bit. Plus DH didn't really want to ride BTMRR alone and AJ wasn't going to ride and we would have to do Rider Swap. So we just made our way to PotC. I don't think we waited all that long for it but there most definitely was a line. However, we all enjoyed the ride and I'm glad I got to see the "We Wants the Redhead" part since apparently that will have gone away probably by our 2019 trip. :confused3 Glad I got my "We Wants the Redhead" button, too. FYI: if it isn't obvious, I'm a redhead and I felt a little connection to that part. But whatever. I can deal with change.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Day Two 6/4/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 1) con't

Next, we made our way to The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Btw, why is this not an acronym like everything else? MCoA doesn't sound so bad, does it?? LOL
IMG_6141.JPG
We all enjoyed this ride and I don't think we waited very long for it. This photo was taken at 10:17 and we had a Crystal Palace ADR at 10:35 so we went ahead and headed that way after this.

We checked in a little early and waited a few minutes. Eventually we got called in and seated. Now I will preface this by saying I was a bad Diser and got absolutely NO food photos. OOPS! I did get several character photos so I am hoping that is good enough! Another thing I will admit to is that I claim to be a cinnamon hater however, I think my tolerance had grown because I definitely got and LOVED the puffed french toast which many of us know is dusted in cinnamon sugar. This would not be the last time I got a treat dusted in cinnamon sugar and enjoyed it. So just prepare yourself for your minds to be blown. LOL. Well maybe that is just a tad dramatic, but you get my drift! ;)

First up is everybody's favorite fluffy bear:
IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6145.JPG

Next up is our favorite bouncy pal:
IMG_6146.JPG

And then this little piggy:
IMG_6150.JPG
It probably seems like they came rather quickly but there were a few parades around the restaurant and some plate refills that happened before we got all three of those friends to come by. We eventually finished up our meal and were still waiting on Eyeore. We asked a few times about him because we were ready to head out. To entertain the boys, I took a couple pics by the topiary in the front entrance:
IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

I am not one to complain much and we weren't really complaining but we did show some concern about the fact that we kept having to wait and wait and Eyeore wasn't coming by. He wasn't even following the pattern that the other characters had taken but in his defense, I think he was trying to see all the breakfast people before he hit the lunch people, but we were breakfast people and he wasn't getting any closer.

In the end, the manager came over and gave us a written anytime FP for us because of the inconvenience. We certainly appreciated that. And we eventuality got our meet:
IMG_6154.JPG

In the end, our ADR was at 10:35 - though I am not sure when exactly we got seated, Pooh came by at 10:58, Tigger at 11:04, Piglet at 11:23 and Eyeore at 11:45. I planned 75 minutes for this meal, which is about right, with the waiting. However, because of some Disney schedule changing, this did in fact mess up our next step in the plan. I'll leave you hanging though and explain that more in my next update!

Up next: Day Two 6/4/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 2)

Last edited:

Getting all caught up! I'm disappointed about the removal of "We wants the redhead" but oh well. What a great start to your MK day and I was impressed how much you were getting done while you were there. Reading your report is getting me excited for my trip!!!

Love how excited the boys are. Looks like Chad was getting into the character greetings - I bet the boys loved that. Hope to see Chad smiling in the PP photos to come.

Also - regarding cinnamon - I'm not the biggest fan - however, I do enjoy the puffed french toast, cinnamon rolls without too much cinnamon - but do not try to give me a piece of cinnamon gum or mint - ugh - it's like fire.

bus-jpg.248613

This makes me laugh because they have such radically different expressions :rotfl:

And yes, I remembered to get them out of the stroller for all the PP photos this trip! :)

I have that Winnie the Pooh shirt!

Honestly, I need to learn how to stand in a more forgiving manner for photos.

I need to learn how to stand in photos period :laughing:

Reading your report is getting me excited for my trip!!!
Yay! I will have to live vicariously through you during your trip!

Looks like Chad was getting into the character greetings
He definitely got in touch with his inner child during this trip. Which honestly worked out really well for me and future trips!

Also - regarding cinnamon - I'm not the biggest fan - however, I do enjoy the puffed french toast, cinnamon rolls without too much cinnamon - but do not try to give me a piece of cinnamon gum or mint - ugh - it's like fire.
I don't think I will ever go as far as cinnamon rolls but I have always liked cinnamon gum. Go figure!

This makes me laugh because they have such radically different expressions :rotfl:
Haha. They are so different from one another. One is so serious and one is never serious unless he is playing at being a baby. I'm fairly certain you can guess which is which!

I have that Winnie the Pooh shirt!
Twinning!

I need to learn how to stand in photos period :laughing:
:rotfl2:Though honestly, the same could be said for me!

We also had a crazy long wait to see Eeyore at the Crystal Palace! We didn't get a fastpass though :/ Love all the pics so far :)

We arrived quickly to MK and went fairly quickly through both bag check and the turnstiles. We had these PP photos taken at 8:17am - just 15 minutes after the bus photos:
photopass_visiting_mk_403009019003-jpg.248616
Nice First photo. We never take a photo out front, I am too excited to get inside!

I find this photo funny, Chad looks happy but not magical.... not yet... It's like watching the magic sink into him. I don't know him at all, but I feel like his face is saying I am here, I will have fun for my family, but it won't be fun fun....

And I love the super big smiles on the boys. Not the best pic but you can tell they are excited and ready to go!

Umm, when you figure that out, let me know! I take the worst posed pictures...

But truthfully, they are motivation for working out and losing weight!
Amen! Working on it. But it's soon hard! I still have my goal before our trip. But I worked out yesterday and was soon tired... In my defense, I pushed myself harder than most days but still! Keep doing those workouts with Iron Man.

photopass_visiting_mk_8050676265-jpeg.248619

So cute!

Obviously I have seen the train station show on you tube and this doesn't compare at all, as far as shows go...but figuratively, it is the opening to the Magic Kingdom! And it was our first park day, so of course we loved it and cheered and went along with it.
I feel like this is exactly the problem. It's nice just not super memorable... We have seen it now, and I feel like this next trip we will get there to be there early but won't feel the need to be super close to watch the actual show.

FYI: if it isn't obvious, I'm a redhead and I felt a little connection to that part. But whatever. I can deal with change.
It's funny, our last trip I was saying how I don't know how that scene is in Disney! But I guess that is whey they are changing it. But after all these years, why now?

Btw, why is this not an acronym like everything else? MCoA doesn't sound so bad, does it?? LOL
Probably because only people with small kids go on this ride. This was one of Gwen's favorites our first trip. But we had to wait FOREVER to get on it. Not a ride I want to wait for.

:love:

I love the faces on all three of the boys. Each telling it's own little story! Chad starting to get into it.

Next up is our favorite bouncy pal:
img_6146-jpg.248628
Now Chad it TOTALLY into it. I love it. And the boys look so happy, of course....

He wasn't even following the pattern that the other characters had taken but in his defense, I think he was trying to see all the breakfast people before he hit the lunch people, but we were breakfast people and he wasn't getting any closer.
I fell like almost every trip report I have read lately, everyone has had at least one character lag behind. Seems to be a perpetual issue there right now.

Glad that the morning went well. And that you went with the flow with the crowds and lines. We can plan plan plan but really you have to go with the flow, you just never know what you will get once you are there. Can't wait to hear more!!!!

img_6131-jpg.248620

A common theme for Chad this trip....lol.

Yep, I think his mouth was open in more than half of your pics that were on FB!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

But seriously, all your pictures are great!! I especially love the boys with the characters, I remember that from your trip last summer. They look so happy and thrilled when they are meeting characters--so sweet!! :flower:

A few photos before we took off:

Very nice. Everyone looks excited.

I made really good time driving and I think we ended up on property around 2:30 or so, maybe 3 at the latest, and saw this beauty:

Glad the drive was good. I have never gotten a good picture of the sign. Yours is great.

We got to the room and called for bell services. We had to wait about 20-30 minutes maybe. In retrospect, I should've packed a small suitcase with bathing suits because we could've went ahead and changed while waiting, but it didn't take that long before they came with all our bags and we put a few things away and got ready for some pool time.

Waiting is always the worst.

Okay, so last I left you, we were ready for some pool time.

Ready for some Disney pool time.

Eventually the waitress came over and we ordered our food. Chad also ordered a different drink. Here's the photo of the drinks (sorry I didn't get it when they were full):

Theses look good.

I got the Lump Crab Cake Sandwich. Excellent choice. Very flavorful. The fries were good, too. I would totally recommend this and easily get it again.
This looks really good. I love crab cakes so this looks like something I would like too.

I don't know how long it took us to get ready but we were definitely off the time line...and it was still raining! At some point, either right after our early dinner or on the way out to DS, I picked up our rented stroller. We made our way to the car and started toward DS. This is where things went a little sour.

On no :eek:

So, I went off...but I didn't just go off. I cried, too. And I told him how selfish he was because this was incredibly important to me. And how rude and unappreciative he was. And how he need not worry because I would NEVER, EVER ask him to go with us to Disney again.

Good for you. I tend to just keep taking it. You put a stop to his wining.

I love this picture of the boys with the Hulk.

one good thing about the Lego Store is that it isn't huge and is fairly open, so it was easy to keep track of the boys on my own,

I found it a lot less crowded than it use to be. It seems like it use to have more aisles of merchandise that made the store more cramped.

We eventually made it back to the car, somewhat waterlogged, and headed back to the resort. I *think* this is where DH made his profuse apologies for his earlier statements and for being selfish, rude, and unappreciative. I wasn't quite ready to totally forgive him, but I did appreciate the effort and in the interest of having a good vacation, I accepted it and moved on.

I'm glad he apologized and you moved on. Better to have the blow up now than latter. We all have some sort of blow out each trip.

bus-jpg.248613

Super cute!

You're making real good time. A great batch of pictures too.

I need to learn this too. I look horrible in our pictures.

Yes they are!

A good start to the actual park days! Chad and I had to be goofy:

I love the Goofy pictures. The child is coming out.

We all enjoyed this ride and I don't think we waited very long for it. This photo was taken at 10:17 and we had a Crystal Palace ADR at 10:35 so we went ahead and headed that way after this.

You're moving right along.

In the end, the manager came over and gave us a written anytime FP for us because of the inconvenience. We certainly appreciated that. And we eventuality got our meet:

Your character pictures are really good. I'm sorry you had such a wait for Eeyore. Good score on the anytime FP.

Following along! Hoping to figure out the magic to making husbands love Disney. ☺️ We are taking our 5 year old for her first trip in November (my first trip since I was a child) and he's a bit reluctant. I haven't gone on this trip yet and already want to plan another so I know it won't be my last!

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear about your date with the castle. Great reading so far....I understand about feeling unappreciated in trip planning. Most people have no clue as to how much time and effort goes into making their trip magical (or at least less hectic). I love to plan trips, and it makes me happy just seeing smiling faces..no words of appreciation are necessary. But when someone starts griping about something (especially if they have never experienced Disney without planning), it really makes me sad (and mad). But it sounds like as the trip goes on, you manage turn DH around! :)

Well I obviously just read the first part of your MK day! LOL! I am obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed this morning!

Last edited:
I still set the alarm for 6am because I was going to make it to Magic Kingdom before 8:30

Always. I am the crazy person up at dawn every day in WDW cause I know the value of a rope drop! LOL!

WL is very close to MK so it wasn't a very long trip

LOVE that about WL, and the other monorail resorts as well, I'm sure. But you can't beat the price tag at WL.

LIttle cuties!

We arrived quickly to MK and went fairly quickly through both bag check and the turnstiles

How'd you like the new bag check?

Love this!

I most definitely teared up at the sight!

Every time.

Honestly, I need to learn how to stand in a more forgiving manner for photos. But truthfully, they are motivation for working out and losing weight!

There is an amazing FB group I joined for this very reason; the way we look in Photopass photos being a motivator for getting healthier! Its called "The Real Walt Disney World Weight Loss and Fitness Group" the people in the group are great, and very motivating!

photopass_visiting_mk_8050676265-jpeg.248619

Oh my gosh! Look at those darling little faces! Ready for a magical day!

Chad and I had to be goofy:
img_6131-jpg.248620

Yay!! You two are too funny.

We still ended up with a fairly longer wait than I had expected but it is what it is and we made do.

C'est la vie! We plan and plan and plan, and wrenches get thrown in, this is life! At least you guys have some fun!

why is this not an acronym like everything else? MCoA doesn't sound so bad, does it?? LOL

LOL!:rotfl2:

I definitely got and LOVED the puffed french toast

:thumbsup2

First up is everybody's favorite fluffy bear:
img_6143-jpg.248626

AWE! All your character pics are so cute!

We eventually finished up our meal and were still waiting on Eyeore.

I feel like the characters are slower here. We skipped Tigger in 2015 cause we were done and he was no where to be found.

the manager came over and gave us a written anytime FP

That's nice! At least they tried to help you out a bit.

All worth the wait!

I'll leave you hanging though and explain that more in my next update!

:bitelip::scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter