I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

Yes, definitely put it on your list. But are you not planning to go back??

I haven’t been to Epcot since 2011! DH isn’t a big foodie or a big drinker, lately, which means while I’m happy to eat and drink myself silly, it’s not his thing. We MAY be cooking another birthday trip, but there are a lot of variables on that one.

The best time to be in the parks, for sure!

So gorgeous.

But on the way, we had to make a stop because I had to try something that had been recommended so many times....the Schofferhofer Grapefruit! I'm not a beer fan AT ALL and couldn't even drink it in my cheap college days so I was wary. But OMG...everyone was right. It was so smooth and grapefruity! Never did it remind me of that awful stuff called beer that I'd tried in the past. LOL.
So glad to hear that you loved this!!!! Now I of course love me some beer, but Schofferhofer really is a thing of beauty.

He works for Special Events and he was able to get us into a special viewing area for Illuminations on this night. I think it was right between the Illuminations viewing party and a private party, so we were very appreciative.
How awesome of him to do that!!! Pixie dust indeed.

Anyway, on the way over, I stopped at the Refreshment Port to try something I had been interested in checking out...the Croissant Donut - or Cronut for short. OMG! Why had I never gotten this before? Well basically because it said cinnamon sugar and I am not a cinnamon fan. However, on this trip I discovered that I am, in fact, a Disney cinnamon sugar fan! I will be repeating this snack many times on future trips!
Wow, the cronut and schofferhofer on the same day!!! You're trying all my favorite things. We can get cronuts at home now, but they are no where near as good as the fresh from the fryer disney version. Funny your comment on the cinnamon though, because I don't think I realized it even had cinnamon on it. Certainly not detectable.

I know I have said it before but I will say it again...there is just something about Disney at night that makes the magic come even more alive for me. And yes, I probably had some water leakage from my eyes as I typed that...
I'm totally with you. When the sun goes down Disney really comes alive!

Now I of course love me some beer, but Schofferhofer really is a thing of beauty.
And I have had it since being home...but we only have it at the liquor store and I don't get to one that often. I usually just get my wine at the grocery store! LOL

How awesome of him to do that!!! Pixie dust indeed.
It was such a nice thing to do.

Funny your comment on the cinnamon though, because I don't think I realized it even had cinnamon on it. Certainly not detectable.
I know right? Its very misleading! Its also on the puffed french toast at Crystal Palace but again, it doesn't taste anything like cinnamon!

I'm totally with you. When the sun goes down Disney really comes alive!
More reasons to like you! ;)

Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 1)

So this was the day we were supposed to experience AM EMH at MK. This was also the worst morning bus mojo we had the whole trip. We probably didn't arrive at the bus depot area early enough but it was before 8am. We saw on the sign that the MK bus was supposed to be coming in a few minutes. However unfortunately, the time kept creeping forward on the sign! Ugh...so annoying. I even tried to use the phone that is at the depot area to call to complain, however the phone did not work. Finally, a little bit after 8, the bus arrived! My goodness.

We got to MK and the security line was long. At this point, we knew we should have either gotten out to the buses earlier or we should have gotten down to the boat dock early, taken a boat the CR and walked into MK. But you live and you learn, right??

Anyway, we finally got through security and made our way in. We traveled up Main Street fairly quickly and checked in with the CM to gain access to the EMH areas. I was thinking we checked in at the Tomorrowland Bridge but now I am thinking it was the next spoke - the one that would take us to the area between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, close to where Merida meets. We did stop to get some PP photos since we were late and our plans were kind of shot at this point. We had hoped to hit PP so as to experience the queue, but that was out the window so we didn't have to necessarily rush.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8054074882edit.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8054076542edit.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8054076543edit.jpg

By the way, these are not the greatest photos of me, but I did post the least offensive ones just so you guys could see what we were up to! :)

After this we headed to Pooh, which had been on our list to do second anyway. There was a little bit of a line, but not terribly long and the boys got to play in the play area for the first time since we had always used FP for this ride up until now. Now, granted we were late to EMH, but still this was EMH and I was surprised at how busy it really was. In any case, we got through the line, and took a trip to the Hundred Acre Wood, which is one of AJ's favorites, and that is what's important.

Again, I had originally figured we might could take a ride on IASW or something else during EMH as I figured it wouldn't take us an hour to do PP and Pooh...but of course, that all went out the window with the bus wait. So by the time we finished Pooh, spent a little time in the exit gift shop where I think we got the boys some candy on a stick, EMH was just about over.

So we headed toward Frontierland where I had planned for us to do Splash Mtn. Unfortunately the line for Splash was already incredibly long. Turns out, it was down and it stayed down for awhile. So we bailed on that idea and I immediately went on the app and booked us a FP for it for later that evening.

I'm fairly certain we headed toward Pirates to ride it for the second time (maybe third) this trip. I think the wait wasn't too bad but it certainly wasn't a quick wait. Basically, to be honest, this was the busiest morning out of the three we had had at MK. It does make me question whether AM EMH is worthwhile but I'm willing to give it another chance in the future with us getting up and out earlier and hopefully arriving on time!

From Pirates we went to Aladdin. The sign indicating wait time said maybe 10 or 15 minutes, but it was definitely longer. And it was starting to get hot. This was one of the first mornings that we didn't have a lot of cloud cover and it was kind of brutal. We were definitely using our personal fans while in line. We eventually made it on the ride and I was "on the carpet" with Will:
IMG_6403.JPG

After this, I got in line to get us some Dole Whip Floats, while Chad took the boys to get a spot for The Muppets Presents...Great Moments in American History. I caught up with them and took a seat to enjoy the show and my treat:
IMG_6404.JPG

I honestly didn't have a great view and I was dealing with a melting Float so I can't really review it wholeheartedly but i think it was a cute show and all the boys, DH included, enjoyed it!

After this, we had to book it to the front of the park and to the monorail because we were going to eat breakfast with an alien! Yep, that's right, we were headed to Ohana!

It was nice to get a chance to ride the monorail and we made it over easily for our 11:40 ADR. As most people know, they aren't the speediest at seating you at Ohana, so while we were waiting, I hit up Tambu Lounge. Chad wanted a Bloody Mary and I had to try the famous Lapu Lapu:
IMG_6405.JPG

Fortunately a couple at the bar offered to take my photo and I agreed, for the sake of posterity, of course!

After a bit, we got called back to be seated. This was before they made the change where you meet Stitch (or is it all the characters?) before you sit down, so they still came to the table, which is nice. We did sit down and I'm fairly certain we got served our food in a timely manner. We also got some POG juice but I was still working on my Lapu Lapu! Wow, that was strong!

Soon enough the characters started coming by. First up was Lilo:
IMG_6407.JPG
IMG_6409.JPG
Next up, we met Mickey, again, but this time in his Hawaiian attire:
IMG_6411.JPG
Then came the star of this show, Stitch! Have I ever told you how much I love him?
IMG_6415.JPG

Con't in next post...

Last edited:

Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 1) con't

One more with Stitch:
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_402712651093edit.jpg

Then we got to meet one of the cutest pups around:
IMG_6418.JPG
IMG_6420.JPG

Unfortunately I do not have any photos of the food. I'm not sure how that happened but at least I got the characters, right? Anyway, we enjoyed this and we will probably be back at some point. I'd like to try dinner here, as well. But neither breakfast nor dinner is near the top of my current dining list, just because there are so many other places I want to try!

After our breakfast, we headed back to the monorail and took that to the Contemporary. After we got off at CR, we headed to the boat dock to grab the boat back to WL (yes, I'm saying it again...best thing ever!!). Once there, I know we did spend some of our break time at the pool because we got POOL DRINKS! Of course, Chad was the one who went to get said drinks and he messed up my order. I wanted another Cascadia Sangria, one of the best drinks I had that week, but Chad got me a Huckleberry Punch:
IMG_6421.JPG
Nothing to sneeze at, but still, not a Cascadia Sangria.

Anyway, I'm sure we hit up the room and took showers and I probably did some laundry, but soon enough it was time to get ready....for some antics!

I'm going to stop here and finish in my next installment...whenever that may be. I really want to make a post with all our June AND October plans...but I may just finish up the report before I add anything to the PTR aspect of this thing. Regardless, thanks for hanging in!

Up next: Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 2)

Last edited:
Chad wanted a Bloody Mary and I had to try the famous Lapu Lapu:
We also got some POG juice but I was still working on my Lapu Lapu! Wow, that was strong!
Glad you got to try it and YES, they're strong! Once I had two and that pretty much knocked me out lol

really want to make a post with all our June AND October plans...
I really want to get to our March plans quick in my TR since we leave in just over 30 days :cheer2: but now I'm writing about my trip earlier this month......and I haven't even started planning our August trip even though we have our resort!

Glad you got to try it and YES, they're strong! Once I had two and that pretty much knocked me out lol
Two? Oh my...party foul on me, but I did not even finish my first!

I really want to get to our March plans quick in my TR since we leave in just over 30 days
And I want to read all about them!

I haven't even started planning our August trip even though we have our resort!
Ohhh...now I am intrigued! :)

I’m on the cell phone, so no quotes, cause it’s so hard.

Sorry about the bus, they need a better system than what they have. I’m hoping the gondolas will help. Maybe the boat could go more places?? I love the boat, I know you do too.

LOVE your Stitch and Scrump too; a favorite around here too.

No cloud cover is brutal in Orlando!! It’s like being in a steam bath with a hot lamp. Super gross.

‘Ohana!!! We loved their breakfast last March. Wait? The characters aren’t coming to the table anymore?! How’d I miss that?!

I love how huggy your baby boys are with the characters! The photo of you three with Lilo is so cute.

DH messes up your order?! Men! Glad the cocktail was good, even if it wasn’t what you wanted.

Two trips?!? Lucky!! Can’t wait to read all about them!!

We saw on the sign that the MK bus was supposed to be coming in a few minutes. However unfortunately, the time kept creeping forward on the sign! Ugh...so annoying. I even tried to use the phone that is at the depot area to call to complain, however the phone did not work. Finally, a little bit after 8, the bus arrived!
I so hate this. While I appreciate that they have the signs in the first place, there is nothing more frustrating than watching your time continuously change. And of course Murphy's law it always happens at the least opportune times. I also get annoyed when they actually have a cast member at the bus stop, but they appear to have no information and serve no purpose. Sigh

We traveled up Main Street fairly quickly and checked in with the CM to gain access to the EMH areas.
We've never done morning EMH, why do you have to check-in? I've never heard of this.

After this, I got in line to get us some Dole Whip Floats, while Chad took the boys to get a spot for The Muppets Presents...Great Moments in American History. I caught up with them and took a seat to enjoy the show and my treat:
img_6404-jpg.303238
Looks like the perfect breakfast to me!

It was nice to get a chance to ride the monorail and we made it over easily for our 11:40 ADR. As most people know, they aren't the speediest at seating you at Ohana, so while we were waiting, I hit up Tambu Lounge. Chad wanted a Bloody Mary and I had to try the famous Lapu Lapu:
img_6405-jpg.303239
Speaking of perfect breakfast. That's the breakfast of champions right there!

Next up, we met Mickey, again, but this time in his Hawaiian attire:
img_6411-jpg.303242
Love this picture. The boys and Mickey with his Hawaiian shirt is just to cute!

Once there, I know we did spend some of our break time at the pool because we got POOL DRINKS!
Best part of vacation!

We got to MK and the security line was long. At this point, we knew we should have either gotten out to the buses earlier or we should have gotten down to the boat dock early, taken a boat the CR and walked into MK. But you live and you learn, right??
Don't you hate that! We had a morning like this, and I was kicking myself but it was too late. Like you said, live and learn.

From Pirates we went to Aladdin. The sign indicating wait time said maybe 10 or 15 minutes, but it was definitely longer. And it was starting to get hot.
Seriously the wait for the Carpets is like torture!

Chad wanted a Bloody Mary and I had to try the famous Lapu Lapu:
img_6405-jpg.303239
YUM!!!!! I wish I had one right now!

We also got some POG juice but I was still working on my Lapu Lapu! Wow, that was strong!
Aren't they. But so good.

After we got off at CR, we headed to the boat dock to grab the boat back to WL (yes, I'm saying it again...best thing ever!!).
I def missed the boat this last trip!

Well, I feel your pain on the TV that has bus wait times. We've had several times where it crept up and up for more than 20 minutes before it finally came. I think they were still working some of the kinks out of the new system last summer when we were there. It was better when we were there at Christmas, but still a few timely waits.

Looks like a great breakfast at 'Ohana! We love it for dinner and do it on every trip, but haven't ever tried breakfast. If it is half as good as dinner though it is really great!

LOVE your Stitch and Scrump too; a favorite around here too.
I totally love me some Lilo and Stitch...but Stitch is the best!

No cloud cover is brutal in Orlando!! It’s like being in a steam bath with a hot lamp. Super gross.
I know, right? People were complaining about the cloudy weather but I was really loving it! Kept it so much cooler!

‘Ohana!!! We loved their breakfast last March. Wait? The characters aren’t coming to the table anymore?! How’d I miss that?!
It may only be Stitch that doesn't come. I think you line up to meet him on the way to be seated...but don't quote me on that.

Two trips?!? Lucky!! Can’t wait to read all about them!!
If I can ever find the time!

We've never done morning EMH, why do you have to check-in? I've never heard of this.
Because they now allow everyone onto Main Street at 7:45. So they have to check MBs to see who is a resort guest and can be allowed past Main Street.

Looks like the perfect breakfast to me!
Well, with rum it would have been even more perfect! :)

Speaking of perfect breakfast. That's the breakfast of champions right there!
You know it!

Seriously the wait for the Carpets is like torture!
We had ridden it like 2 other times that week and it had been a shorter line and with cloud cover. Friday morning was brutal!

I def missed the boat this last trip!
I bet. We will in October bc we are staying at Pop.

I think they were still working some of the kinks out of the new system last summer when we were there. It was better when we were there at Christmas, but still a few timely waits.
Let's hope it improves....

Looks like a great breakfast at 'Ohana! We love it for dinner and do it on every trip, but haven't ever tried breakfast. If it is half as good as dinner though it is really great!
The breakfast was good. And I love Lilo and Stitch. But I want to try the dinner.

Great updates!
Thank you!

That pineapple drink looks so refreshing!!
It truly was!

And your pictures from Ohana are awesome and adorable!
Thank you!

Okay so its (again) been awhile. But I'm on Spring Break so I am going to try to get this thing finished up this week!

Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 2)

Last I finished we had just enjoyed a break and were headed to dinner. We did not have very far to go...just to the main lobby.
IMG_6423.JPG

That's right...our dinner was at Whispering Canyon Cafe!
IMG_6424.JPG

We checked in for our 5:20ish dinner and didn't wait very long. The place wasn't completely empty but the dinner rush probably had not arrived yet. Chad and I started with cocktails:
IMG_6426.JPG
DH got a Mountain Trail Cocktail: Moonshine Whiskey, Chambord, Blackberry Brandy, and Wildberry topped with Lemonade. I had the
Moonshine Margarita: Moonshine Whiskey, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar. I think it was strong but still good.

For my dinner, I went with a starter, Asian Togarashi Tuna Taco: with tamarind sauce and Napa cabbage slaw.
IMG_6427.JPG
I forgot to take a photo before I started but I really liked this. And I had really never had anything like it before. Sadly, I just looked at the Disney menu and it isn't there, though it is still on the AllEarsNet menu. It really was yummy though. Dh got the
Steak-Your-Claim Char-crusted New York Strip with Brocolini, Roasted Potatoes, Pearl Onions, and Port Wine Glaze. The boys got a Grilled Cheese to share.

I do know that we asked for ketchup once - so fun!
IMG_6428.JPG
There were plenty of other antics, as well.

Chad got called up with all the other dads to sing "I'm a Little Teapot." So funny!
IMG_6429.JPG
Here's a video:

I had hoped for dessert - I wanted to try the mason Jar Cheesecake - but I was just too full.

All in all, we all enjoyed our meal here, as well as the antics!

After this, it was time to head back to Magic Kingdom. We had originally planned to go to AK on this night. I had booked FPs for a dusk safari and Navi River and I wanted to see Pandora at night, but the boys had decided when we were at AK on Wednesday, that it was their least favorite so we bailed on that.

When we got back to MK, we caught a little bit of the Move It! Shake It! parade:
IMG_6431.JPG
IMG_6434.JPG

Then we headed for Tomorrowland. I had switched out FPs earlier in the week to MK evening. I booked us Speedway first, so we headed that way. Will actually fell asleep though, so Chad and AJ went to ride while I waited with the snoozer. LOL. He finally woke up once Chad and AJ were finished so we headed toward the TTA:
IMG_6435.JPG
AJ loves having his photo taken, huh?
IMG_6436.JPG
At least Will looks like he is enjoying himself!

Continued in next post...

Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 2) con't

I forgot to post that before The People Mover was when we actually got the cream cheese pretzel that I had thought we got earlier in the week. As I reported before, it was just meh.

After People Mover, we headed to Buzz, where I had booked our second FP:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8054661811.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8054662557.jpeg
I was really concentrating! Here is Will and my scores:
IMG_6438.JPG
Will did well!

After this we headed over to Will's favorite ride, Barnstormer. AJ refused to ride but Chad and Will got front seat!
IMG_6441.JPG
IMG_6442.JPG
IMG_6443.JPG
I can't wait to get this kid on 7DMT!

I offered to take AJ on Dumbo but I'm not sure if we actually went. We may have just waited for the other two. Or maybe we did and we just made it back in time to take the photos?

Anyway, I have in our touring plan to take the railroad over to Frontierland but I'm not sure if we did that or we just walked. When we hadn't gotten to ride Splash earlier that day at rope drop, I had booked us a FP for around 9. Once there, Chad took Will to the little playground and I convinced AJ to ride Splash again with me:
IMG_6445.JPG
As you can tell...he wasn't really happy about this. HAHA.

I had fun but AJ couldn't relax and enjoy it because he was so worried about the upcoming drop. It was a nice time to ride because whenever we were on the outside parts of the ride we got to see the HEA fireworks, just like I had on BTMRR the other night. My timing this trip was (mostly) impeccable!
IMG_6446.JPG
Here's our Photopass:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8054695323.jpeg
And I just realized that the dudes in front of us had apparently removed their shirts for the photo. :confused3

Anyway, at the end, AJ claimed he is never riding again! So even though we had gotten a RS pass, Chad really didn't want to ride it alone. I feel bad about that but the plan for this year is that he rides with Will. As of a couple weeks ago, Will was 39.5" tall without shoes...so send pixie dust that by June, he's 40" (with shoes).

Okay, so I am almost finished with this night but I am at 9 photos in this post and I have 2 more to post...smh. And the boys need showers. So, I am going to stop here and plan to post the last tiny little bit of the night once I get that taken care of!

Up next: Day Seven (6/9/2017) ~ Magic Kingdom (part 3)

Last edited:
Seeing your update reminded me I need to tell you that sadly, I did not get your popcorn bucket :(:o We looked, we did! Steve even went on his own to search a couple times, not sure if they aren't currently selling it or were just out while we were there. I'd have texted you this but I'm currently sitting on the couch, my phone isn't near me, and if I wait to be near it I'll forget lol. But I'll look again in 5 weeks when we're there!

I do know that we asked for ketchup once - so fun!
We just ate breakfast there last week and much to Chris's dismay, Steve asked for ketchup for his breakfast potatoes lol. We also had the BEST server ever which really makes a difference there.

And I just realized that the dudes in front of us had apparently removed their shirts for the photo. :confused3
:rotfl2: :cool1:

Seeing your update reminded me I need to tell you that sadly, I did not get your popcorn bucket :(:o We looked, we did! Steve even went on his own to search a couple times, not sure if they aren't currently selling it or were just out while we were there. I'd have texted you this but I'm currently sitting on the couch, my phone isn't near me, and if I wait to be near it I'll forget lol. But I'll look again in 5 weeks when we're there!
No problem! Thank you so much for looking!

We just ate breakfast there last week and much to Chris's dismay, Steve asked for ketchup for his breakfast potatoes lol. We also had the BEST server ever which really makes a difference there.
We had a good one that night, too! We are doing breakfast this June. Hope we get a good one then!

Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 3)

Back to finish up! I have on my touring plan that we stopped at Aladdin's for one last ride there but I didn't take any photos so maybe we did and maybe we didn't. :confused3

But I know for a fact we definitely decided to check out the Swiss Family Treehouse. It had been a long time since I had done that one and I had read somewhere on the Disboards about checking it out at night because the view at the top was worth a glance. Well, I'm here to verify that that is most definitely true!
IMG_6448.JPG
IMG_6452.JPG
Just beautiful! And perfect for our last MK attraction of the trip.

After this we made our way to Main Street. We stopped at The Emporium and did some shopping (some plushes for the boys, I believe) then made our way out to the boat dock for a relaxing and peaceful ride back to WL. Once there I think we stopped in the Mercantile and bought a plush for Chad. Yes, you read that right (see the title of this TR for any clarification/explanation).

After this it was time to end the night as we were due at DHS early the next day to sign AJ up for Jedi Training before our PPO breakfast at Hollywood & Vine.

Up next: 2018 Pre-Trip Plans
and: Day Eight 6/10/2017 ~ DHS (part 1)

Last edited:
What a great MK day! I love the photos of DH at WCC, I'm so glad he got into it!

Sorry AJ didn't do so well on Splash, but I'm glad Will is revving up for the thrills! You'll have one boy to chill and watch shows with and another to ride the coasters with, perfect! I hope Will grows that added 1/2 inch! We are also hoping for another 1/2 inch, but we have some more time than y'all. Mom to mom, I've been telling Elora if she eats her veggies she'll grow taller, and can ride "zip-a-dee-do-da" which is what she calls Splash. That kid ate a whole bowl of broccoli with yogurt dip for snack yesterday. Maybe it'll help you too!

I love the Tree house for that view! My favorite photo of the castle is from that spot. I took it when DH and I went for our first trip together in 2012.

I'm glad you guys had such a chill fun night. I'm gonna take note from you on my own trip and try to chill. We'll see how that works for me...

Can't wait for the rest! Hope you and your clan are doing well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!