I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

I LOVE the pictures. They always give me the warm fuzzies! We went to JC first as well this day. I bet we were in line together. I was also surprised at how long the line was. I mean it wasn't awful, but a 10 minute line at 9:00 feels torturous! We missed our plan to meet Aladdin this day due to the JC line.

My boys are showing pure unadulterated joy at seeing him! Also, he did some bouncing with them and they loved that! Here are our photos (some from my phone and some PP ones):
photopass_visiting_mk_8050890181-jpeg.249099

This first one is my favorite as far as seeing the joy!

This picture is so sweet! You can just see the excitement on their faces!

After this, we made a stop at the Popcorn Cart on the way out and got our refillable bucket, which we used many times over throughout the trip! So totally worth it! We headed out and grabbed the water launch back to WL. Best thing ever! I can not say enough good things about it! My only regret about it, is not using it enough!

We bought the popcorn bucket too. We didn't refill if as often as I would have liked, but I think we got our moneys worth.

The boys and I got back to the room and the staff at WL had left us an anniversary present (our anniversary was June 26th so I figured we could celebrate at WDW, right??):

Happy belated anniversary! My anniversary was on the 25th.

photopass_visiting_mk_8050890181-jpeg.249099

This first one is my favorite as far as seeing the joy!
Love it! Seriously, those are faces and smiles you just can not fake!

photopass_visiting_mk_8050890194-1-jpeg.249103

Again, I do not know how to stand in a complimentary manner! I wish I had remembered @chunkymonkey's pose! Also, I felt like I needed to bend over somewhat...maybe because of Mickey's height or maybe his ears but that looks so awkward. Anyway, what I look like isn't the be all end all, right? We all enjoyed ourselves and that is what matters! I'll try not to harp on the poses too much throughout the report. :P
Regardless of how you are standing. It's a great photo! Def Christmas Card worthy...

I saw these, they look so cute. I def want one when we are there! Did it taste good?

img_6162-jpg.249115

What an extremely nice touch that did not go unnoticed by DH when he returned.
Soooooo Nice! It's those small things... they add up to a fantastic trip!

Enjoying your report!!! Love the boys with Mickey, their expressions are priceless!
And yay on another trip planned!! Also DH and I were married on June 26, we just celebrated 18 years of sometimes marital bliss :laughing:

These are the best pictures. You can really see how much the boys enjoyed it.
I know, right?? My favorite photos thus far!

We discussed that we didn't think we would ever go back to DS.
We would never get that lucky because the boys know there is a Lego Store there!

the day I "snipped" at DH because he wanted to slowly peruse the Disney store for himself after we had picked stuff for the kids.
Yes, this is my life. I bought some treats and ONE shirt at the end of our trip. Other than that...no shopping for me. I just followed the guys around while they shopped! what is wrong with this picture???

We went to JC first as well this day. I bet we were in line together.
Aw man. I wish we had had a quick meet up!

We were also on a never ending conquest for a hat for DH!
Same here! He got like 2 hats but neither really satisfied him.

This picture is so sweet! You can just see the excitement on their faces!
Thank you!

Happy belated anniversary! My anniversary was on the 25th.
Thank you! Same to you!!

Really enjoying your trip report. And, your boys are just adorable!!
Thank you!!

Regardless of how you are standing. It's a great photo! Def Christmas Card worthy...
Thank you so much!

I saw these, they look so cute. I def want one when we are there! Did it taste good?
Yes, it actually did. I ate on it either break times or night times on the trip!

YEAH!!!! It always feels so much better to have a trip planned, even if it is far off!!!
For sure. Because I thought we were skipping 2018!

YAY!! That is awesome!! 2018!!!
Yep! If we are buying into DVC, we might as well use it, right??

Enjoying your report!!! Love the boys with Mickey, their expressions are priceless!
Thank you!

And yay on another trip planned!!
Yes, I am so excited because we were supposed to skip 2018!

Also DH and I were married on June 26, we just celebrated 18 years of sometimes marital bliss :laughing:
Yay! Anniversary twins!!! Happy Anniversary to you! And yes, I agree with "sometimes"...lol!

Details! This means you're going in less than a year.
Yay! Yes!!! We went from a 702 day countdown to a 322 countdown in one day!!!

Honestly, when I downloaded the PP photos of this, I couldn't stop smiling. My boys are showing pure unadulterated joy at seeing him!

seriously cute. Moments like this probably really stood out to Chad - I mean - how could you not love seeing that?

What an extremely nice touch that did not go unnoticed by DH when he returned.

Definitely a nice touch.

Just going to drop this right here...

sharetothirdconntect-jpg.249328

Congrats on a 2018 trip and the dvc resale. I'd say you really did convert him - DVC, cruise - you have the magic touch. BTW - you look fab in the photo.

We would never get that lucky because the boys know there is a Lego Store there!

If you really want to get out of going...a little fib - they closed the store. :laughing:

Okay, so most of you may have noticed that my countdown has changed. I mean, it couldn't be because I posted a huge photo of it, right? HAHA. Feel free to look at my new ticker, as well! So much has changed in a matter of a couple days! Here's the story...

Well basically we offered on the DVC contract yesterday and it was accepted. The process from here is lengthy though because Disney has "Right of First Refusal"...meaning they can purchase any contract they choose at whatever the offered price is. However, the fact that they just opened Copper Creek means they more than likely will not want our Boulder Ridge contract, so we are probably good. That takes about a month from what I hear. Then its another 2 or 3 weeks until closing. So we are looking at a closing date in mid September. After that we will have 100 points every year from 2018 to 2042.

So we decided that we would go on our Amelia Island, FL beach trip in May/June 2018 and just drive the 2.5-3hrs from there to Disney so we could just stay 2 nights at BRV and explore the resort. Well, then we find out that the property that we usually rent at Amelia for a good discount - because we know the owners' daughter - will most likely not be available in 2018 or maybe never again! The owners have decided to move there permanently! I told Chad I would look for a rental property that we could afford (because we are trying to use our tax refund on home repairs in 2018) the next day. Well then he texts me from work asking if we could just do a Disney only trip in June 2018. Maybe 3 or 4 nights, using our points. I mean, we will have paid for them, right?? I then plant the idea of one day in the park - MK, of course - and it was settled! We did initially decide on 3 nights but the more we have talked this evening, we are now leaning toward 4. We will do mostly resort only stuff, with one MK day, a visit to Disney Springs, maybe some mini-golf, maybe Hoop Dee Doo, renting of some water craft, lots of pool time, and time for DH to go off property to a cigar shop (he did this on this past trip, as well).

So there ya have it. Our 702 day countdown got changed to a 322 day countdown in one day. And I am one happy lady! I've even got an initial plan worked out. But I will hold off on that for now, until things are more definite. I mean, I still have a lot of trip reporting to do, right? :)

Last edited:
Moments like this probably really stood out to Chad - I mean - how could you not love seeing that?
Exactly this! He made a point of mentioning in his favorites, the boys having such a good time.

Congrats on a 2018 trip and the dvc resale. I'd say you really did convert him - DVC, cruise - you have the magic touch. BTW - you look fab in the photo.
I honestly think it was more the magic of Disney than me...but I did take a lot of the stress away...I think. LOL

If you really want to get out of going...a little fib - they closed the store. :laughing:
HAHAHA. I will make a note of that and use it if needed!

By the time we walked by, the line was just too long.

Awe, boo! That's no fun.

We all had a good time on this classic ride.

Well, that makes up for it. THat ride baffles me. I mean, I like it. But that standby line is never less than 20 minutes, for like 2 minutes through Neverland! :confused3

lollipops that they still haven't eaten to this day! LOL. Of course, I have them hidden away in a bag somewhere, so, out of sight, out of mind!

Lucky. DD has a mind like a steal trap; she knows there's candy and she wants to eat it. We bought a little three pack of oversized pops in March, and they were all eaten by the time we visited my sister in June.

a huge chocolate covered strawberry to replace the ruined ones

YES! I hope this is a theme!

Dude, this could totally be one of those official Disney photos! The boys look so psyched!

Anyway, what I look like isn't the be all end all, right?

Not at all. My mom always worried about her weight in our kid photos, but we don't care. Just as long as she's in them. Now DD loves looking through our old vacation photos.

got our refillable bucket

These are the best! I always get one and refill it at least once a day. Popcorn is great, but it's better from WDW.

Yum! Not a Minnie strawberry one, but looks good!

the staff at WL had left us an anniversary present

AWE! Happy belated anniversary!

I don't know that I was able to nap but I think all the guys did to some degree.

This is the mom curse; we never get to nap while everyone else is snoring away.

you may have noticed that my countdown has changed

sure did! :scratchin

Well then he texts me from work asking if we could just do a Disney only trip in June 2018.

:scared1: It worked! He's hooked!

Our 702 day countdown got changed to a 322 day countdown in one day.

:dancer:That's awesome! Super happy for you guys!

Gah! I'm so far behind already.
I'm glad to see your husband got more into it after the initial bad day. Sounds like he is all the way on board now! A 2018 trip? So exciting! I hope your real contract thing works out well!

Ok the picture of the boys meeting Mickey? So sweet. Those little faces full of excitement melt me. Great memories. I'm kinda sad I missed out on that as my kids are too old and too cool at 8 and 10 to be so excited for characters.

Jumping in a little late but I'm here!

What a beautiful family- your boys are absolutely precious. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip :)

I have been following along and am enjoying your report! I am always looking for any tips to get my hubs hooked on Disney World! haha Congrats on moving up the countdown calendar! And for him to suggest it! That sounds like a fun and relaxing trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter