• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think we need a custom clip-art contest!

Originally posted by Chris C
Well here you have it....

You have my word as well my friends....

No "super powers" to mess with anyone. (At least during the contest.)

Keep the sugguestions coming, I'll start putting the "guidlines" together this weekend!
Um....Let's see...ChrisC makes his oath in a post which he can edit at any time?
I'm not buying it.
When you get all of the "sugguestions" (huh?), can you put them in your "guidelines" as well as your "guidlines"?

<marquee>
thetalentedwishydoll.gif
</marquee>

Wait a minute. This was supposed to be a serious topic.
Forget what I said! ;)

Wow..I never knew I was so talented.......and FLEXIBLE/FLEXABLE !!!

I think that separating banner and graphics as catagories is a good idea. I think that the judges might have to determine what is what as I'm sure that there will be some that are really close to the line. Most will be obvious in that although they contain both graphical and text components, one will be more promenent than the other.

I would love to also see an "Unlimited" class. I wouldn't break that down any further as the number of people entering would be too small with it broken down too far.

As another poster suggested, I think that there might need to be an "Animation" class that is nothing but animated gifs. This is in addition to the Unlimited class as there are a number of people that do have animation software but don't get into Flash, etc.

Maybe those competing in the Unlimited class could also be allowed sound with the graphics.

Say we had an Animation class, would a contestant that competed in that class be allowed to use the same graphic in the Unlimited class. I would imagine that they could compete in both (if both classes were to exist) but could they enter the same graphic in both classes?

Just some thought for you Chris - sy.

Sounds like this is coming together!

YOu cam bet the ranch BT will be participating in the Animation thingie!

Psst! You need to make sure all us Geeks get "some thingie" as a prize!:D

Hehehehehhehe!

ANIMATION!!!! Now you're talking Bobby Baby!;) Serious question,Who decides what category is appropriate for an entrant. For example,Maybe I consider myself a beginner and someone else considers me advanced,or vice versa.Who will determine this?

Looks like there could be about 50 different catagories....

How about we concentrate a single type of graphic, and make this a monthly type of competition.

This month we'll do say "Standard Graphics", next month "Banners", etc....

We can just keep it going... what do you all think about that?

OOOOHH, I like that idea Chris. That would keep it going and also allow new people to get involved as they find out about it.

According to the interest, maybe it would be every two weeks rather than a month or every two months rather than one. Just feel it out as it went along. That would also "weed out" catagories that don't generate much interest and keep the ones that do.

Popular catagories might be repeated more often, like every third or fourth time.

Dan, I would hope that people would only try to compete within their skill level. I would also think that the judges, as the competition progressed would contact entrants individually if the work they were submitting was outside the catagory or if their skill level appeared to be greater than the catagory in which they were competing. Sort of like a softball league. You do too well in your level and you are required to move to the next level.

JC, my vote would be yes. I don't think there would be that many different skill levels to make it too difficult to keep up with. At least that is my thought.

IMHO, I know I wouldn't want to compete with someone who is a pro (advance) at these things. I think competing with the same skills would be a lot of fun and no one would feel bad about not being the greatest creation cause we are all in the same level. I'm sure you guys can tell I'm a beginner, I usually ask for help here!!

I guess anyone who thinks they are computer iliterate are the ones who are the beginners (like me!!). And anyone who just about know it all in "how to" and doesn't ask a lot of help here, I think would be considered advance.

I think the animations would be great, and open to anyone who are capable of doing it, but this would have to be a seperate catergory of the contest. I would love to see this contests to happen!! This is great!! :bounce:

Why don't you do this: have a beginer, intermediate and advanced catagory and do this...beginers don't have to animate their work, for intermediates its optional and for advanced its required. does that make sence?:p

I'm working on putting the guidelines together right now.

Hopefully I'll have something to post by tomorrow. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter