"I Think We Need More Bread Bowls"-A Pixiefied Disneyland Adventure-Updated 9/13x3-COMPLETED

katt789

DIS Veteran
Chapter Links!! (for easier access)
Day1-Friday May 6th
Travelling
The Beginning of the Bread Bowls
Castle Love Galore
Toontown!
M-I-C-K-E-Y

Day 2- Saturday May 7th

Good Morning!
Photoshoot Continued
Tale as Old As Time
Bread Bowls?
Soundsational Take 1?
Soundsational Take 2

Hey everybody, I made GUMBO!

Day 3-Sunday May 8th
It's Racin Time!
Pixie Hollow
Yes Back to Back!
Foreign Snow
Paint the Night

Day4- Monday May 9th
The Gongshow

The Photoshoot Part 1
The Photoshoot Part 2
If we Believe, in a World of Dreams
Just Think, All of this is Yours, Forever

Day 5-Tuesday May 10th
Pre Breakfast Photos
The Plaza is my Favorite
An Unorganized Ending

It’s a world where you belong, where you can dream aloud ,your heart will follow, get up and sing along, the moments here and now. Inside we all know; If we believe in the fantasy, you and me making MEMORIES TODAAAAAAAYYY

STEP INTO THE MAGIC!!

ARE YOU HAVING FEELS YET?!?! Because you should be, as we’re about to step into the most magical place and adventures on earth! And if you’re not, don’t worry, because we’re having enough feels for the rest of you! Who ARE WE?! May you ask, well, let’s start with me:

12038532_10156156610005360_6909249847336989466_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Hi, I’m Katt, and welcome to my castle…jk..if ONLY…I’m a 26 (oh SO WAY TOO SOON) to be 27 year old, living out in Vancouver Canada. I’ve been working as a server for years, and have a deep passion for the performing arts! I love to dance, act and all that stuff, and obviously, love DISNEY! My first trip that I barely remember I was 7 years old, and I didn’t go again until I was 21, and that was Florida. Then, nearly 10 trips later, I FINALLY landed AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY, WORKING FOR THE MOUSE!! I was to be a Cultural Representative at Disney World’s Epcot, which is where I met some of the MOST amazing and WONDERFUL people who would initiate THIS Disneyland trip!

My favorites include:

-Aurora, Ariel, Tigger, Bert, New Orleans Square, Paint the Night, the original World of Color, Country Bears, the Trolley show, Festival of Fantasy, bread bowls, meeting characters, eating food, Cove Bar, Festival of the Lion King, taking pictures, fitness, dancing, and having a blast.

Kara:

12132557_10156207542300360_5562543507881976113_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Was the first person I met on my program, the first best friend I had, and just one of the greatest people I’ve ever gotten the privilege of having in my life! We’re the same age, and just INSTANTLY clicked, and were attached at the hip for the rest of our year. She lived about 45 mins away from me, and works for Goodlife Fitness, taking care of kids and sometimes the front desk.

Her favorites include:

-Belle/Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Rapunzel, Stitch, DLR’s Splash Mountain, the animation building, bread bowls, photography, thrill rides, running (hi…the major reason this trip exists).

10855084_10155496717990647_291629668391117245_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Then there’s Abby!!

12778931_10156725824210360_2448589931042633013_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

She’s currently my roommate in Vancouver, and SO MUCH MORE than that, seriously, one of the best roomie’s I’d had. We also met on the CRP program, and I’m so thankful we did! She currently works serving at a high tea place/café, and also went to school for theater/performing, and enjoys singing, dancing, running, racing, and all of the regular stuff. Her favorites are:

-Rapunzel, Flynn, Tangled, Pascal, Haunted Mansion, mimosa, brunch, twirling, giggling, bubble guns, Paint the Night, bread bowls, Disneyland forever, and EVERYTHING TANGLED RELATED.

We’ve gone on so many adventures together, and discovered that we all love doing the same style of days at Disney, and Magic Kingdom really is our home. We like to derp around, dance, twirl, sing, cry, and just EXPERIENCE Disney and LOVE everything that is to do with it.

10686799_10156302817070647_3311806389139336182_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

11021410_10156341674760647_849478013691928832_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

11228942_10155957259040647_7602751542190223323_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

11999618_10156195500765647_2393134821365575789_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Obviously it seems like Florida is our home, because it WAS for an entire YEAR, but Kara & I did take a visit over to the West Coast at the end of our program, and it was amazing, though I have to admit, I’m pretty sure we spent HALF OF IT NAPPING!

12038604_10156246839430360_1867929226052866418_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

NOT even kidding, we were so exhausted from the constant working and rope drop to close in the parks that we slept half our California adventures away, so I was glad to be adventuring again.

Kara, Abby & I had been to Disney World once between the end of our programs, back in February;

12747349_10156741246750647_7942734654573893193_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

(we like to Disneybound)

12768141_10156644107680360_7875966533737963577_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

And do you notice the MEDALS they’re wearing well…here we go onto another W.

Why

The TINKERBELL MARATHON!!! Kara is and always has been an avid runner, she does it ALL the time, she completed the Dopey challenge on our program, the Everest Challenge, and the Princess (?) not sure on the time frame…. When it came time to make a new trip, her, Abby & our other friend signed up for the Princess 2016, which is why we went back in February. Kara told me she was going to DLR before our program even ended, and tried to get me to run, but I knew I couldn’t do it, and didn’t have the money, but luckily, Abby did join the run, so I joined for the FUN!

WHERE:

Anaheim-Hilton by Harry Moore, on Flickr

The HILTON Anahiem..also I DON’T EVER remember it looking like this, but it’s a really cool photo (also not mine!!). Kara searched for a while but because of marathon weekend, it was the CHEAPEST WE COULD FIND, and I was a Hiltons HHonors member, so it worked out?

WHEN:

May 6-10th 2016

I was moving to Vancouver May 4th too, which kinda made this more interesting, I wanted to stay at my previous job long enough to earn money, so I stayed as late as I could, and vacation kinda began that day!

We hadn’t spent TOO much planning for this trip, but we had a couple of ADR’s, originally it was going to be a birthday trip for Kara & I but we ended up only doing one meal as a celebration. We had some Disneybounding planned for all the full park days, and knew what we MUST do, but being Florida natives, we knew we’d have “extra” time and it’d be easier to park hop, so we weren’t too stressed!!

Last edited:
Before I start, just real quick wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who is reading along! I really do appreciate all of you! If you're a lurker, come on out and say Hi! I promise I'm not as scary as I may seem!

ALSO, Kara & I kinda threw together a trip video in February, and with the love of it, and our combined creativity, song lists/etc, we knew we had to do another one for this trip! She even went out and bought a shock proof, waterproof point & shoot camera for vlogging! Well, here's the completed project (spoilers for the trip, obvs, bahaha)

DISNEYLAND 2016

May 6/2016

Not surprisingly at all, our day began at a VERY early hour! Kara had booked her flight first, and got an awesome deal & direct flight, I was too broke to buy it when she did, and Abby wasn’t even coming at that point! Back in February, I got an email from Flight hub WHILE WE WERE EATING LUNCH IN DISNEY WORLD, about a SUPER cheap flight, from Van to Lax, so I jumped on it! Abby booked way later but magically ended up on the SAME flights as me! So we booked a cab to the airport, got up SO EXCITED at like, 3:20 am, and made our way to the airport. It WAS SO PRETTY because we were taking off around sunrise in the BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS!! (which I took video of not pictures… #whoops)

Our layover was in San Francisco; which killed us because we both want to adventure there. (and the rest of California) SO MUCH, but, Disney was a calling, so we stayed in the airport. It was however, brunch time!

IMG_9209 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9210 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Abby got a cheese plate, while I acted like a child and got a grilled cheese but Yeti ATTACKED MY MIMOSA

IMG_9212 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9235 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We took bathroom breaks to freshen up our makeup, and hopped onto our next plane!

IMG_9236 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

One of the flights I simply slept/listened to music, but on the other, I managed to catch the finale part of the movie I watched when I moved to Van, which was “Max” about an army dog, “discharged” to the family, so there were a LOT OF FEELS.

VERY quickly, we were LANDING AMONGST PALM TREES AND SUNSHINE, ish….Kara had landed in terminal 7, and us in 4, but because she landed so much earlier, she ended us meeting us at our luggage carousel. We went outside to find a person to ask about super shuttle, since we were too lazy to book on line prior (we’d all used it prior) and ended up having to wait about 30 mins to get into a bus. THEN, Abby & I were total horrible friends, and the shuttle came and we sat in the back together and made Kara sit in the passenger seat with the driver….#whoops #sorry. Please don’t hate us.

Abby & I spent the next half hour reminiscing about our program and talking about the funny moments. Meanwhile, our driver had it in his mind we were staying at the Disneyland hotel (I WISH) and pulled up there FIRST, so it was a while before we arrived at the Hilton. Lol.

Check in went pretty smoothly, they added my Hhonnors card so we got free wifi, I asked about the gym, and they said I only got it on the next level up, which kinda screwed with my plans, but that was fine! We paid with cash up front but they still needed a credit card on file in case anything happened, and after my card declined (#whooops) we “put” it on Abby’s, and headed upstairs to check things out!

DSC_3091 by Dave, on Flickr

(not mine! We had no chair either, we took no photos)

We had a “theme park view” and we could see DCA pretty well, and any fireworks I’m sure we could see great, but there was no balcony, we had a GREAT view of the convention center, so we talked about it being great for D23 to see all the cosplay!! But we had MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO SET OUT TO DO!!!

Last edited:

Hi Katt! Longtime lurker on your trip reports, Instagram and Snapchat...just wanted to say that I love your photos and can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Back in February, I got an email from Flight hub WHILE WE WERE EATING LUNCH IN DISNEY WORLD, about a SUPER cheap flight, from Van to Lax, so I jumped on it! Abby booked way later but magically ended up on the SAME flights as me!

Talk about pixie dust X2!

Glad you made it there smoothly! Now time for the real adventure to begin!

Ugh the start of your trip video gave me the feels right off the bat!

Amazing video and great use of music!

Also a lurker ... I love reading trip reports. Great pictures and that video was amazing.

Hi Katt! Longtime lurker on your trip reports, Instagram and Snapchat...just wanted to say that I love your photos and can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Talk about pixie dust X2!

Ah!! Hi!!! Welcome back to the disboard katt life! Lol, glad that you've stuck around with my adventures for so long!! Sorry my snapchat's so boring when I'm at home, bahahahha!!!
Right! It was a great start!!

Glad you made it there smoothly! Now time for the real adventure to begin!

Ugh the start of your trip video gave me the feels right off the bat!

Amazing video and great use of music!

Exactly!!! Adventure awaits!! YASS!! I was super happy because I have always loved making videos, but Kara seems to have taken control of actually making them, esp since she now has the camera that works better for videos, so I'm super happy that she took my input and ideas and actually used them!! We're definitely planning on vlogging if we ever go back to another program!!

Always love your trip reports! Cant wait to hear more!!
Thank you so much!! Glad you love them & are here to share!!
Also a lurker ... I love reading trip reports. Great pictures and that video was amazing.
Hi!! Welcome out of lurkdom!! Thank you so much! I really love the video too, it just sums up exactly how our trip was!
I'm just across the pond from you in Victoria area. Looking forward to reading about this.
Yay!!! Hi!! Glad you're here & hope you enjoy it!!

You might think our Disneyland EXTRAVAGANZA started off with us RUNNING STRAIGHT TO SPLASH MOUNTAIN SCREAMING;

It did NOT

Which is totes cool. I promise

We asked down at the front desk the best way over to the Disneyland Hotel, and they told us the little back way, so we headed over there first since Abby & Kara needed to pick up stuff! The nice thing was we got to see the Disneyland Hotel which I’d never been at before! I also realized around this point that I’D FORGOTTEN MY 50MM LENS!!!! Which was a major thing because Kara & I usually only shoot with the 50 or the zoom, I thought my camera had the 50 on it, but NOPE, and honestly, it worked out awesome, due to my reading, I wanted to play with the standard lens more, so tonight was what happened!!

IMG_4524 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4526 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Tink’s up there!

IMG_4529 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

As we went down into the race expo area there were pics of some of my favorites, Vidia & Tink

IMG_4531 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Our time at the Expo was SO MUCH shorter than over at WDW, despite there being a small issue with Abby missing her submitted proof of time for the coast to coast! We browsed through the merch, Kara COMPLETELY forgot to get her pin, because we were ALL SO EXCITED FOR DISNEYLAND!!

Kara had a printed voucher she’d ordered through a Run Disney site, Abby & I had ordered through Ares travel, and had to convert them at a ticket booth, so we had to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, AND WAIT! Seriously, I understand a few confused people, but how do you need THAT much time at a ticket window?! But it didn’t matter because WE WERE FINALLY THERE!!!!

IMG_4535 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9217 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Since we’d been waiting so long already, our first stop in Disneyland was for FOOOOOOOODDD!! And like, where else would you go but NEW ORLEANS SQUARE (and if this isn’t where you would think to go, GO NOW, RIGHT NOW) I’m so sad we don’t have it in Florida, the like, 3 food locations are enough for me to think it should be there!! We chose to get Mint Juelps & (kara & Abby) got some Beef Stew while I got jambaylaya it was all SUPER delicious, and those BREAD BOWLS! YUM! We all ate SO MUCH!

IMG_9246 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9218 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

The hilarious moment was when we were sitting eating lunch, I saw a girl and thought to myself “She looks like so &so” and went about my business. LOW AND BEHOLD IT ACTUALLY WAS HER!!?!?!?! We were sitting enjoying dinner and someone called Kara’s name, it was Theresa, and her boyfriend Zach! They were on a road trip home to Canada, after completing their Disney World Program, and legit just HAPPENED to be there the same time as us, SO WEIRD! We hung out with them for a bit before they had to leave. We were all just SO happy, sitting in NOS, where the live band was playing, we were happy to be in Disney again, all was right!

We figured we should ride something, and Haunted Mansion was down, so Winnie the Pooh was the next best! Its SUCH a cute ride in DLR, we all prefer it to WDW, and am super glad there’s no wait! We browsed the gift shop afterwards;

IMG_4538 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4539 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4540 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4542 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We spent some time looking through the merch. Kara’s usually super into intense photography, so she commented on how she was already being lazy and using the point & shoot too much! It worked out fine, and we’d gotten it for the point of it being waterproof & shock proof for videos, so it was a huge added bonus for this trip!

We made it back to Haunted Mansion, it was posted around 20 minutes, but we jumped in line despite it looking longer, and it definitely took longer than I thought it would. But hey, we’re in Disney, we can’t be mad! We all obviously enjoyed it, while I do almost prefer the Nightmare overlay, the original is still super awesome!

Where were we off to next?? Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Since we knew we were done in Frontierland, we headed to the part of the park we knew we belonged, Fantasyland! Our first stop was the wanted posted or our group boyfriend

IMG_9219 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13161731_10153491167037624_6064309889402864100_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13177967_10156967623970360_6926473882351386547_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We took our time walking through the park, and just enjoying being surrounding by magic and took all the pictures;

IMG_9222 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9228 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13151437_10156967625035360_4116099453609943856_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13124779_10156967624790360_8823704629097457310_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I had SO much fun playing with my camera, again, I’d brought my most not ideal lens but I made it work, and I made it work SO MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT, the downside of that is that I know want to bring 3 lenses with me everywhere…

IMG_4544 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4551 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4549 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4554 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4553 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I seriously could look at this beauty all day, it may be on the smaller side, but it’s stil gorgeous!

IMG_4557 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4560 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I also will 100% admit to playing around in Lightroom a LOT with these! It was my first time using it, and I LOVE it!

IMG_4561 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4569 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4566 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4568 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I LOVE a place that has this much Aurora love! Seriously, this park is perfect for me because she hasn’t been kicked out of everything and she’s actually in the parade, and well, I mean, it’s HER kingdom, so I just really enjoy it.

Fantasyland was a SUPER hot mess, which was to be expected considering it was early evening, so we looked at everything we wanted to do but couldn’t, until we found a happy little cruise.

IMG_4572 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4584 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I love all the Disney characters throughout the ride! It just adds that little magic touch! While we were in line for the ride, we saw ANOTHER familiar face in the line a few bends behind us! Heather, another CRP who was road tripping home happened to be in town too! We waved from a far and had a laugh about all the people we’d seen already!

IMG_4587 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We decided now would be as good as ever of a time to explore some Toontown, so we headed that a way next!

I'm still 2 months behind on your other TR but I HAD to jump over here and join in because I'm going to Disneyland next February!

I'm following along!

Love your infectious disney attitude (I guess that's a thing?) Haha.

I've done alot of rundisney races but not tink, so I'm excited to hear about it.

Ah!! Hi!!! Welcome back to the disboard katt life! Lol, glad that you've stuck around with my adventures for so long!! Sorry my snapchat's so boring when I'm at home, bahahahha!!!

Don't worry...mine is the same.

I also will 100% admit to playing around in Lightroom a LOT with these! It was my first time using it, and I LOVE it!

I love Lightroom! I always think of it Instagram's older and much cooler big brother. Love all of the pics so far! Can't wait to see more of them!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter