"I Think We Need More Bread Bowls"-A Pixiefied Disneyland Adventure-Updated 9/13x3-COMPLETED

Cute pics with Belle!

Mmm dole whips, so yum!

Amazing parade photos. I'm glad it was such a better experience this time around!

I'm glad the food at Blue Bayou was good, though the end of the meal sounds really frustrating! So glad you didn't end up missing the fireworks!

I'm sorry I've been away so long, I definitely meant to be updating every couple of days but with everything that's been going on in Orlando all of us, even those of us 3000 miles away right now, have been affected, getting back into the swing of things now!

ARE YOU READY TO RUUUUNN?!?! BECAUSE IT’S RAAAAACCEEE DDDAAAAYYY!!!

Jk…not for me…I slept in a teeny bit, then tried to organize some photos, and decided that because I was STARVING, I’d order some room service!

IMG_9306 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Naturally, since we were staying at the Hilton, it came on a giant rolling table…guys…I only got a bowl of oatmeal…Not kidding….It was pretty good, it was a like a “super grain” one that had barley & quinoa in it as well! I figured it would be good to start the day with some plant based protein and be a little healthier than we’d been the previous few days. I had to call down for them to come get the cart like, within 5 minutes of them dropping it off, I thought it was weird, the poor guy could’ve just taken it when he dropped it off! Meh.

While I was relaxing with room service, the other two girls were running a marathon!!

13161949_10153491172992624_6920820271417568868_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13116383_10153491172987624_6531358879533257943_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I don’t know much about the race, but they said it wasn’t too bad, they’re both obviously runners, so add that into the picture. They said it was nicer than WDW because there were less people, but so much of it was outside of the parks, there wasn’t nearly as much entertainment or fun things going on, so there’s advantages and disadvantages to both coasts! (not sure if I’d mentioned that earlier or not, but hey, there ya go) If you have any questions pertaining to races, or anything about them at all, just shoot them at me and I can pass them along to the girls and they can answer your questions!!

(also, we had Disneybounds organized for today, we’re all from the same…franchise…movie…and we were COVERED IN GLITTER…those are your hints!)

Kara & Abby got back to the room not too long after my breakfast had been delivered, well, Kara did, Abby had stopped to get Starbucks on the way back (it was in the hotel) but the line was huge obviously. The girls showered while I hung around and we took our time getting ready, but managed to still get to the park at a reasonable time, although it didn’t look like that would help us much today….

IMG_9332 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

…THAT IT WHAT WE WERE FACING!! WE WERE LIKE, AT THE DOOR NEAR WORLD OF DISNEY….SO FAR BACK…

…also yup...had to blur out that caption….bahhaha

We thought about a couple of different options, but managed to just wait our way through the crowds and bag check, hoping that all these people were just trying to cross through the promenade, or going to the opposite park as us! FINALLY, we got into DCA, with the plan of splitting up, Kara & Abby ran to get World Of Colour fast passes, while I jumped in line to get a table at Cove Bar.

Now, I’m just realizing that I left out something earlier on, we’d stopped at Cove Bar to ask how long the wait was the other day, and were asked for a phone number, where they would text you when your table opened up, and you had 10 minutes to get there to get your table. Yeah, okay…great… EXCEPT WE DON’T HAVE FUNCTIONING PHONES….because we’re Canadian, and no one’s gonna PAY for that amount of roaming and data, especially when we had a WiFi cube, but at least today, we were prepared to just hang around and wait for a table.

Kara & Abby secured our fast passes, and met up with me after I’d been waiting about 5 minutes, still hadn’t gotten up to the girl who was taking down phone numbers yet, so it was fine. When we did get up to her, we prepared for the same deal that happened the other day, and just wanted to know how long it would be. We said we didn’t have functioning phones, the girl turned to one of her other CM’s, and turned back saying “okay, right this way”

I’M SORRY WHAT??!!?

WE WERE SEATED RIGHT AWAY WITH LEGIT NO WAIT, WHAT WAS THIS MAGIC?!!?

We even got a waterside table! It was off to the side, right next to the California Screaming launch off spot, but it was AWESOME! Our server was over pretty quick and we all started off with a Mickey’s Fun Wheel, which is off the secret menu, but still pretty popular.

IMG_9333 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9334 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13064534_10153491173182624_2028632162865891563_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5071 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

SO PRETTY!!! I hate ruining the layers to stir it all up to drink it, lol. They’re super good, and I usually HATE blue curacao so that’s sayin’ something about this drink!! We spent some time looking through the food menu, the Lobster Nachos are the most popular dish, but I wasn’t feelin it. I wanted to try them, but felt like I needed something more substantial, and had again, been trying to stay on a plant based diet, though that just went all out the window.

Abby ended up getting the Lobster Nachos while Kara & I both got the tri-tip sliders.

IMG_9335 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Each one of the sliders had a different topping on them, one was deep fried onions, one was arugula, and I can’t remember the other one, and GUYS, they WERE SO FREAKING GOOD! I’m seriously not surprised, since the Tri-tip at Ariel’s Grotto rivaled steak at Le Cellier when I last ate there, but SERIOUSLY.

IMG_5074 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

While we ate, we finished up our drinks, and there was another specialty drink (though this one was on the menu) that we’d seen on Instagram and KNEW WE HAD TO HAVE IT. It was meant to be non-alcoholic, but we decided to add vodka into it, because we’re adults, and can drink that kinda stuff. So…what was this magical concoction?!?

13173464_10156989364480360_506121365844387407_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5079 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5080 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

JUST LOOK AT IT!!! WITH THAT ACTUAL LEGIT COTTON CANDY ON THE STRAW LIKE WHAT IS THIS MAJESTIC DRINK?!?! It was incredible, as you may have seen in the video, we had a fun time eating the cotton candy as well, and the drink tasted delicious, even with the added vodka! For the record, the menu says it’s simply the all natural odwalla lemonade flavored with and garnished with cotton candy, but it wasn’t overly sweet (that may have been the vodka, but still, SUPER good)

IMG_9322 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

#disneypoint

13133368_10156975525390360_1719317541274931453_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9336 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I’m really only putting that last photo in because you can see Abby’s lobster nacho’s in the back! I did have a bit, and they were good, but I’m glad I went with the sliders instead, and Abby did say her stomach definitely hurt afterwards! We didn’t have to wait long for our bills today, our server was super efficient and friendly, so there was that! We really enjoyed our time just sitting on the patio enjoying relaxing, it would’ve been that little bit better if the sun had decided to come out, but hey, it was okay. With our bellies full and satisfied, we decided it was time to head out of DCA.

IMG_9337 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9338 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We weren’t going far though, don’t worry! We just had some very important characters to meet! On the way back into Disneyland, we did see a short line for photopass pictures in front of the train station, so we made a quick pit stop!

13217269_10156986584455360_8456238667666384447_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13173335_10156986584365360_3973520362536595624_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

And you get a full length look at our Disneybounds, now remember, we’re all from the same place, the MAIN character though, isn’t one of us, and we’re covered in glitter…

The photopass CM was SUPER amazing, she understood our bounds, and was just overall SUCH an incredible person and so friendly, we made sure to give her one of the thank you cards before we said goodbye and made our way into the park!

Glad you were able to get into Cove Bar with no wait! The drinks look amazing!

Loving your Disneybounds. Looks like you guys were visiting from Pixie Hollow :)

Cove Bar sounds interesting. I'm not sure we are going to do any TS though since my brother & SIL are only doing one day at each park. I might drag Mom to the Plaza Inn for breakfast on our third day but we shall see.

My first thought on your Disbounding was the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty but then I realized the colors were wrong. Must be Tinkerbell fairies. I haven't seen any of those movies so I'm a bit lost.

Cute pics with Belle!
Mmm dole whips, so yum!
Amazing parade photos. I'm glad it was such a better experience this time around!
I'm glad the food at Blue Bayou was good, though the end of the meal sounds really frustrating! So glad you didn't end up missing the fireworks!

So cute!! And right?! I miss the dole whips now that summer's actually here in Vancouver!! Thank you!! We had such a blast watching it!!
It was awesome, even with the frustrations at the end it worked out okat!

Glad you were able to get into Cove Bar with no wait! The drinks look amazing!

Loving your Disneybounds. Looks like you guys were visiting from Pixie Hollow :)
It was great!! i'm so happy it worked out! and YAS! you got it!!!

Cove Bar sounds interesting. I'm not sure we are going to do any TS though since my brother & SIL are only doing one day at each park. I might drag Mom to the Plaza Inn for breakfast on our third day but we shall see.
My first thought on your Disbounding was the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty but then I realized the colors were wrong. Must be Tinkerbell fairies. I haven't seen any of those movies so I'm a bit lost.
Fair enough, it is delicious, and can be something you do more for a quick drink/snack, esp with the texting option to get your table!! Plaza is WELL worth it though, SO much fun, and delicious food!!
Yay!! you're right!! lol

My kids and I are going to have to hit the Cove Bar for that cotton candy drink. It's my kid's favourite treat - spun sugar.

Kara, Abby & I had just crossed back into Disneyland, and were on a very strict for time, mission to meet some specific characters, so we headed STRAIGHT to pixie hollow, and despite the SUPER long line, we got in it! Our Disneybounds were the Fairy Friends! I was Periwinkle, Kara was Iridessa, and Abby was Rosetta, so we obviously HAD to meet the fairies today. We were also super excited since the friends of Tink don’t meet anymore in Florida which is just sad!

13221174_10156989364830360_867995704046129737_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5084 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5088 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

The wait was honestly, super long, probably upwards of half an hour. We figured it was because it was the Tinkerbell marathon, and EVERYONE wanted to show their medals off to Tink, but at least there was lots in the queue to keep us occupied…and we had our wifi.

IMG_5099 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5101 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5106 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Disney DUCKS!

IMG_5108 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5115 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

FINALLY, we got to the front of the line, and had a nice little chat with the CM up at the front while we waited our last little bit. I know one of us had said something about “not having the friends on our coast” so we got talking to how we used to work for Disney and such.

Our first fairy up:

13235256_10156986584475360_8045915770630463364_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IRIDISESSA!!!! YAAAAAASSSS!! I was SUPER excited because she was the LAST of the fairy friends that I had to meet before I’d met ALL of them (minus Zarina because she just doesn’t exist in the real world…waaahh) so it was a good day!

13227309_10156986584545360_5912906075314261377_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We cute.

13113020_10156986584535360_5615004265881315500_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Both the fairies were super cute and awesome, everyone instantly knew that we were bounding and who we were bounding as, I’m sure it was a nice relief for Tink to see something other than her medal that day!!

Our first plan of the day out of the way, we headed deep into Fantasyland to puruse a map of fantastic proportions than we’d heard whispers about.

IMG_5173 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

If we all believe in a world of dreams, and imagination, there’s no way to know where the spark will take us.

IMG_5225 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Poca is HANDS DOWN my favorite vocalist in this show.

IMG_5232 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5254 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5266 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

The journey to imagination.

IMG_5280 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5301 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We were all pretty quick to pick that girl as our favorite dancer…maybe it was the fantastic eyebrow game, but she was awesome.

As for the show in general, IT IS AMAZING. Seriously, it’s just so great, and everyone does such an incredible job of their specific talent, I’m so happy every time I watch it, and it’s in the shade and there’s seats, so like, it has that added bonus! If you haven’t seen it, and you have DLR plans, PLEASE, sketch it into your schedule!!

With our imaginations fully ignited and lit, we headed back to Main Street, because we’d fallen so in love with Soundsational the previous day, and it was only set to run on weekends, we knew we had to see it again today! We found spots on Main Street near where we had been the previous day, and took turns running into Starbucks to grab drinks before the parade started.

IMG_5379 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

It’s a music celebration, strike up the band!

Feel the beat it’s a strange sensation!

IMG_5389 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I loved the “beat” on the leg of the drummer’s costume!

Ya man! Put some motion in that ocean!

IMG_5431 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5434 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13221122_10156989363060360_4582901967554914208_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5439 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13217554_10156989362930360_8281412758319129643_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Feel the beat, what a great sensation!

IMG_5446 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Get into the spirit! Let everyone hear it!!

The parade definitely stopped for some reason we couldn’t figure out, but we got the Mermaid unit stopped in front of us for a good chunk of time! No one’s mad!

IMG_5459 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

What means “aye caramba?! We don’t know!!!”

IMG_5468 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5469 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Some day, we meet again, and the birds will sing, and wedding bells ring, some day when my dreams come true!

13235306_10156989363540360_5499194476695289215_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5472 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227810_10156989363800360_730784455553131122_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme….

IMG_5477 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

It’s a music celebration, come on, come on, come on, strike up the band!!

13227420_10156989364140360_4097911590516248145_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

When there’s a smile in your heart, there’s no better time to start!

Yaaaaaaayyy

Seriously guys, this parade is awesome, I mean, I’m listening to it as I type this up (won’t lie, part of that is so I know the lyrics to type into the update,…but HEY, yolo??...that’s how that works right!?)

ANYWAYS

We started to weave our way OUT of the park as the parade was finishing up because we had a VERY BIG MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH…or…at least to us WDW vets it seemed like a very big mission. Today was the ONLY day that we had to see the Pixar Play Parade, so we had to book it out of the park, and into DCA, and try to find a spot, luckily there were some spots behind a sitting on the curb/sleeping in stroller family right across from the Starbucks and WE GOT TO WATCH TWO PARADES IN THE MATTER OF AN HOUR! WHAT PLANET IS THIS?!?!

13116495_10156989365245360_5429685172439648762_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Everyone count down to FUN NOW!

IMG_5495 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227535_10156989365375360_924040238448208930_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13173299_10156989365510360_3032020591048266025_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

There’s some KIND OF STUPID YET HILARIOUS pun at this point, where the caterpillar dude is all “well, I guess I’ve got to SPLIT”

IMG_5517 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5518 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

and then does so….

13217115_10156989365760360_8839493374155796614_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5530 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5536 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We were SO proud of ourselves for catching BOTH parades, like, talk about something you could ONLY DO IN CALIFORNIA! It was tricky enough to do Fantasmic & Wishes on one night, this was amazing! We were glad we’d caught the Pixar parade, despite it being SO similar to the Countdown to Fun at DHS, it has a LOT of other aspects that that parade didn’t, like the gymnasts, which we OBVIOUSLY a big draw for Kara & I! I would LOVE to do that, she however said she wouldn’t, but I figure that’s because she comes from dance & acro where as I actually did bars and stuff in gymnastics.

Overall, we were super glad that we took the time to stress out to run to the other park to see the parade! It was great, the performers were awesome, and the energy was fantastic!

Love all your pics from the queue and you all look so cute with Iridessa & Tink!

Impressive that you caught both afternoon parades! Love all the photos!

So glad you got to meet the Fairies!

Definitely have the Magical Map show on the list of things to do.

Beautiful pictures from both parades although I'm mad that Ratatouille is not included in the Pixar parade!

Amazing to catch two parades in one day!! Seriously impossible in FL! Love your Disneybounds and the pics with the fairies--adorbs!

So glad you got to meet the Fairies!
Definitely have the Magical Map show on the list of things to do.
Beautiful pictures from both parades although I'm mad that Ratatouille is not included in the Pixar parade!

It was super cute, we were super glad we caught them, I wish we'd had a chance to see them more, but they stop greeting so early!! Good! MM is awesome! I absolutely love it, the live vocals really make it worthwhile! Thank you!! Awe man, I get that, there's like, NO represenetation now that he's gone from Le Chefs! Though he does have a segment in the animation building!!

Amazing to catch two parades in one day!! Seriously impossible in FL! Love your Disneybounds and the pics with the fairies--adorbs!

Right! It was awesome!! and thank you!!

Hey friends!! So first off, I wanted to say THANK YOU for reading, commenting and enjoying the trip report with us! If you're hiding out there lurking, come say hi!! I won't bite, I promise!! And, since this TR is almost wrapping up, I wanted to link our next PTR into here. We're going to Asia in October, featuring, Japan, Tokyo Disney, Beijing, Shanghai & Shanghai Disney, and HKDL and Hong Kong! Check that out here:

http://disboards.com/threads/from-j...-everywhere-in-between-ptr-fall-2016.3522497/

There are few things that PULL US IN like the Animation Academy, so you can imagine where we ended up after the parade, plus…some air conditioning. Not that it was that hot, but it was still engraved in our brains that after parade, we get a refresher and then some a/c, so we opted for the latter.

Since we were in the building and I knew we’d be there for at least 1 full rotation of the video, I suggested we jump into Anna & Elsa’s line, since it was way shorter than we’d EVER experience at WDW, so we killed that time watching the amazing video, trying NOT TO BAWL OUR EYES OUT.

Here…here is a video link that I’m pretty sure is the full loop of video...and it STARTS OUT WITH OUR FAVORITE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLYvPPr-geU

SERIOUSLY, WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO GO FROM BABY MINE INTO THE WHOLE MUFASA’S DEAD STUFF, LIKE THAT IS JUST CRUEL AND I SWEAR I’M NOT CRYING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!

NOT TO MENTION THERE’S AN ENTIRE BRIAR ROSE SECTION

#BYE #IMDEAD #THEYACTUALLYLIKEHERONTHISCOAST

just watch the video….the animation building in California is the BIGGEST thing I wish we had in WDW, seriously, the original WOC, yes, I love it, New Orleans’ Sq, yes, I WISH WE HAD GUMBO, but THESE PROJECTIONS, I would LEGIT spend all day in there if I could, I would LOVE to be proposed to in there, heck I’ve heard you can HAVE YOUR WEDDING in there, so like hi….

ANYWAYS, the projections just go through SO MUCH, and so many movies (I’m now realizing that the link I posted is from 2013, there are some additions since then, obvs they added Frozen, the Let it Go part is obvs amazing, but they ALSO added in a SEPARATE section of “In Summer” which I just don’t like, so there’s that, but #yolo right?!

SPEAKING of Frozen, wasn’t that what we were doing here anyways?!?! We got to the fornt of the line and around the corner to where the meet & greet was happening and naturally, the cast member commented on how I must be Elsa. I see where it comes from, I had snowflake earrings, my hair was “coronation Elsa” styled and I was wearing her colors. I told the attendant who I actually was (Peri..the ORINGIAL FROST SISTER) but said for the sake of the situation, I would be Elsa.

We got into the meet and greet room, and Anna looked RATHER farmliar, and rather..giggily, like we saw the last time. The sisters had a family with them with small children and I honestly don’t remember what was going on but the kids were being super hilarious and kept cracking Ana & Elsa, to the point that they were both still laughing when we came up!

It was super nice to have them ACTUALLY TOGETHER, and they were SO sister-like, like, all those years separated had never happened, these two were TIGHT, and were still trying to recover from the laughter of the previous group. I know they asked where we were from, and one of them said something about coming to visit us so they could “frolic in the foreign snow”

LOL.

What?!

13235290_10156986584630360_6248749061087038384_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

There was lots of laughter

13235237_10156986584660360_8899189804622253291_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

After we giggled our way through Arendelle, and thanked the sisters, we made our way over to California Screaming, which never had much of a wait when we were there, and is SO much fun! I could never go on it 2-3 times in a row, I get super dizzy on it,..BUT I still love it, which is saying A LOT from the girl who was scared of something LESS intense than the Barnstormer until she was 18…

It had been a while since we’d eaten, and our tumblies had some rumblies as we reached the end of Paradise Pier and ended up at the Boardwalk Pizzeria…sure..let’s call it that.

Abby got the ravioli, I THINK Kara got some kind of salad, while I opted for a slice of DELICIOUS CHEESE PIZZA, with a side of salad, I also got their house beer, which was some kind of banana flavored one. The after taste was super strong banana, but it was good. The three of us had grabbed a table outside and ended up just sitting there for probably an hour while we waited, took notes, and chatted about our day.

We also witnessed the MOST HILARIOUS family situation that was also us as parents. Some kid, her family was trying to leave the restaurant, but she WOULD NOT HAVE IT, and threw herself to the ground throwing a tantrum, Dad tried to get her up, but gave up, Mom tried to calm her down with no luck, so they STOOD there, waiting for her anger to pass while they drank their wine and did their best not to laugh at their overdramatic daughter…us...as parents…right there…yup..

Dinner behind us, we started to make our way over to the World Of Color Fast Pas area, Kara & I had encountered some serious problems last trip, so we wanted to be there as early as we could, and we had no worries getting right down into the front in the “splash zone”! Yay!

There was a good chunk of time to pass before the show, but I’d made sure to save the WiFi cube for this specific opportunity, so we were well occupied while we waited!! I also spent some time google-ing photography tips for WOC, and instantly regretted only having my 50mm with me! The struggle was, it was great for low light, sure, but it COULDN’T ZOOM OUT, ugh..

IMG_5541 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

That was the only I could do…

IMG_5542 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I still used the tips I’d found to try and get the best pictures I could from where I stood, I was just sad to not have my other lens with me that day!

IMG_5552 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5556 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5562 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5563 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We had noticed at the beginning of the show that we were standing RIGHT in front of some kind of geyser, which made us kinda nervous since there was so much water and pyro in the show, but we were relaxed when nothing was going off the first half of the show.

OH…BUT THAT ENDED

GODDDAMN FROZEN

During Let It Go, the high pressured FOG WENT OFF LIKE NO TOMORROW OUT OF NOWHERE AND WE ALL SCCCCREEEEAAAAAAAAAMMMEEED.

And then laughed hysterically…and SCREAMED AGAIN AS IT CONTINUED TO GO OFF. Both Kara & I got it on video, but it didn’t get used in the trip video, but it was HILARIOUS!

IMG_5570 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5575 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5577 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

When the show was over we stuck around to take EMPTY WOC photos..with our super zoomed in lenses… le sigh

13173401_10156989366430360_7456688431268620937_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9330 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Behind the photography….

IMG_5583 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5585 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I kept playing around trying to get a similar photo of Abby where you could more-so tell it was her, but this was the best I got...probably didn’t’ help that I didn’t mention I was doing it. Lol.

IMG_5589 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

WOC was NOT the end of our VERY LONG DAY though, as our timing for park hopping had been PERFECT so far today, why not try it again! We quickly left DCA for the promenade between the two parks.

IMG_5618 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227309_10156989366695360_7834249598909964883_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13227800_10156989366965360_76971027694459605_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We knew it was going to be a HOT MESS inside the park in a matter of minutes, the first PTN had already finished, and the fireworks were about to, so we headed up to the TOP of the train station to hang out. I’d expected it to be emptying out and a good place to take photos from, but it was clearly a VIP place, so we hung out and took pictures around people while we waited for it to clear out.

Last edited:

IMG_5630 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Kara traded out for her zoom lens and got this masterpiece:

13221181_10156989367305360_2509825752788586863_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I was texting with a friend at this point letting her know where we were! I used to work with her back in Calgary before she moved down to LA to work here, and she happened to be in the park that night and obviously wanted to say hi as it’d been FOREVER since we’d seen each other!

The crowd started to thin out, so we headed down from the train station, and miraculously FOUND AN EMPTY BENCH FOR THE NEXT PARADE!!! Seriously amazing, we were excited to see what kind of vantage point we’d have while sitting, but being up on a bench instead of the curb. After a while, Charlotte made it over to say hi, we chatted for a bit, kinda caught up, took a couple pictures (which I don’t have so they won’t be making an appearance) and she said she would try to come out after work to hang out with us again!

After she left, the three of us took turns running to get snacks, Starbs or buy some merchandise while we had time to kill, we also all rolled our eyes at the hardcore “dance mom” beside us. Her daughter was out just playing around in the street dancing around, and her Mom kept making her do pirouettes and then yelling at her when she wasn’t sticking the landing, despite the fact that she was wearing boots, and it was just super annoying/awkward to have to deal with, we had a lot of conversation through looks with each other during that time, lol.

AND THEN IT WAS TIME FOR THE GLORIOUS PAINT THE NIGHT!!

IMG_5648 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5662 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5669 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5692 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5703 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I attempted to try and play around with some long exposure to get cool shots of the ball twirling the cowgirls do, but I didn’t luck out at all, especially since I’d kinda thought about it on the spot.

IMG_5750 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227648_10156989368400360_6190273850339098083_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5764 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5775 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13217171_10156989369070360_8359406354615331969_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13217170_10156989370265360_6578148914132094589_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_5834 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

With this new vantage point, we noticed that across the front of Mickey’s float, it reads “zip a dee doo da” during that part of the song, and spells out M-I-C-K-E-Y as well! Super cute!

IMG_5838 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

What was the final verdict on the bench seats?! WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM, and wished we had another day of Soundsational to try one out for the daytime parade too! We got so much interaction, were in love with the pictures we got, and just loved being on a slightly higher seat. I mean, some of this could have to do with the fact that it was the later parade too, but still, we loved it!

After the parade was over, the park was closed, and we’d had a long day, so it was back to the Hilton for some sleep!! One more full day to go!

The pictures you got were beautiful at WOC and PTN. I know Main Street Electrical Parade is a "classic" but it really is not my fav--I totally miss Spectromagic, and Paint the Night really reminds me of that one. Maybe they can send it to WDW for awhile :) like now.

The pictures you got were beautiful at WOC and PTN. I know Main Street Electrical Parade is a "classic" but it really is not my fav--I totally miss Spectromagic, and Paint the Night really reminds me of that one. Maybe they can send it to WDW for awhile :) like now.

Thank you!! We really had fun shooting that night!!! I do love me some DEP, and I've never seen Spectro in person so I can't really comment on that, but, PTN is absolutely AMAZING. And actually, Abby & I were talking about that last night! I saw something floating around that someone speculated they were going to end all the 60th stuff at the end of the run in DLR, and ship PTN over to WDW for the 45th! HOWEVER, neither of us really like that, even being WDW regulars! We like having it in DLR because it pulls more guests into the park, and we like things to be different, I also feel like PTN would actually cause HYSTERIA in wdw, like, it would just be insanity. And who knows if it would be able to run as often as they would want it to! I know when DEP first came over, DLR was so confused as to how often things were breaking down, until they realized it was running twice a night!

I do think it's about time to get a new nighttime parade, but with the 45th I think new fireworks will probably be what we get for sure. I mean, we just got a new day parade, and a new castle show for daily ops, halloween AND we're getting one for xmas! Plus all the budget cuts, avatar, nighttime animal kingdom and star wars land! THERE'S SO MUCH! lol. Hopefully they'll at least update DEP, throw in some elements that are more like Tokyo's dream lights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter