I want a Disney wedding

Kameron Milne

Earning My Ears
I am 23 years old and I want my wedding to remember me for all my life. We decided to make the wedding in the style of disney. Maybe someone has some original ideas?

There are tons of ideas, but what do you want to focus on? Favorite Disney animated movie? Favorite Disney live action movie? Favorite park characters?

If you want your wedding just like a Disney wedding then hire a wedding planner for your wedding and ask them about your requirements. the planners will help you a lot in making your wedding memorable for you. I'm also a wedding planner and offer my services as Paris elopement.

If you're thinking about Disney wedding, so I suppose you'd like it to be a true fairy tale. If I were planning a fairytale wedding, I would want to look like a real princess, so a great attention should be also paid to choosing a dress, I suppose. I like big gorgeous dress like this, for example.
2022-11-19-13-30-07.png

Last edited:

Disagree about the most attention being paid to the dress. When you want to have a wedding as if it was a Disney wedding, I would pay attention to location first. Because one of the biggest things with a Disney destination wedding is that it's like a vacation for all the guests. The guests will talk about your location and their experiences afterwards more than they will talk about your dress.

I would pick a Disney destination you would like to get married at, and then find a similar venue near your home.

Disagree about the most attention being paid to the dress. When you want to have a wedding as if it was a Disney wedding, I would pay attention to location first. Because one of the biggest things with a Disney destination wedding is that it's like a vacation for all the guests. The guests will talk about your location and their experiences afterwards more than they will talk about your dress.

I would pick a Disney destination you would like to get married at, and then find a similar venue near your home.
This. And the food. If you want them to talk about it for years to come, feed them well & make the location memorable

Why would anyone care what pleases and gets talked about and remembered by the guests??? DH's and My wedding was for us to love and remember. It was nice for the guests also, but that definitely wasn't the 'aim' of our wedding! I guess to each their own! 🤷

Why would anyone care what pleases and gets talked about and remembered by the guests??? DH's and My wedding was for us to love and remember. It was nice for the guests also, but that definitely wasn't the 'aim' of our wedding! I guess to each their own! 🤷
I guess being a good hostess was just something I valued 🤷🏼‍♀️. Our memories of that day are enhanced by the fond memories of the others.

Though the menu was definitely for me, food is always a center of my world 😂, it definitely makes me smile that my husband’s best man still mentions it as one of the best meals he’s had 18 years later.

But indeed, to each their own! Beauty of weddings, the couple can focus on what’s important to them.

I know that what hubby and I did will be considered "weird". But I see getting married as a private thing. You are doing one of the most important things in your life and making a commitment to your soul mate. And I didn't feel like I wanted to be on show for that. If we didn't need to have our 2 witnesses, it would have just been us. We went to the court house and I had a friend and he had his Mom at the actual ceremony. We went out to dinner with the rest of the family later but had no reception. I feel like if you do put on a wedding though, that you should have a care for your quests. They are giving you gifts and spending their money and time to be there for you, that the least that you can do is make sure that they are not hungry or out in the heat for long, etc. No one wants to feel like they got invited to the wedding just so the bride and groom got more gifts. If someone is special enough for you to invite to this personal event, then they should mean enough to you for you to want to make sure that they are comfortable and happy also.

Guess my post was worded badly. I was replying to the post that (to me) was putting more emphasis on pleasing the guests - giving them a good 'vacation' - than on what was making the day, first of all, memorable to the couple themselves. Of course, you would plan a menu that would be enjoyable to all, plus other experiences that the guests would enjoy - to me that's a given, but the emphasis and big day belongs to the couple. Only those that felt the same and we were close to were invited to our wedding. What we received as gifts was appreciated, but what meant the most was those around us that shared our joy, not what they might expect from our wedding. A very distant destination wedding (vacation) would have put a hardship on some of our guests and we did not want that. But everyone plans 'their' big day.

Oh, yeah, I agree. I'd really love to have it in a castle.....

You're right. This should be the best day for two of us, the most memorable for us, nit for guests, cause they attend many weddings and will forget about our in a while

I am 23 years old and I want my wedding to remember me for all my life. We decided to make the wedding in the style of disney. Maybe someone has some original ideas?
My family and I were lucky enough to be invited to a Disney wedding at the Grand Floridian several years ago. It truly was a magical experience and something all of us will remember. It was perfection - from the ceremony where the wedding rings were delivered by Cinderella's groomsmen to appearances from Mickey and Mini at the reception to enjoying dessert in a private area in Epcot for the fireworks. All I can say is WOW!

We went to a wedding earlier in the year (in Arizona) where the bride is 100% Disney...but the wedding was not at Disney.

What she did:

- Curated her own Disney and Disney-adjacent music list (including Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar for her husband);

- Table centerpieces represented different movies (ex. each was a glass dome and inside were things for different movies...a glass slipper, a house with balloons, an apple, etc.)

- Disney style decorations...hidden mouse ears in different places, etc.

The amount of money spent on the wedding was a fraction of what would have been spent on a wedding at Disney.

My husband and I looked at Disney weddings for a hot second...then we saw the starting prices and stipulations and requirements. It wasn't worth it. Our wedding was not Disney-themed (hubby would not go for that)...BUT our sweetheart tables wine glasses were goblets from Be Our Guest Restaurant, our first dance song was "Happily Ever After" from the fireworks and our vows included "to infinity and beyond."

Just some extra ideas for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter