I want adventure in the great wide somewhere...November 2017 PTR

littlebittyhouse

Mouseketeer
Squad: Mom, Dad, Gman (5), Baby E (2), Grammie and Auntie B

When: November 24 – December 1

Where: POP!

This is our first trip as a family of four! Grammie and Auntie B are joining us. We have two preferred rooms at POP and are hoping for ground floor so that we can sit outside the room when the kids have gone to sleep and enjoy a libation (or two) from the petals bar.

Dad is planning on golfing two mornings.

Auntie B is going to check out Harry Potter World.

Tickets to MVMCP have been secured!

Last edited:
So! This is my fist time doing a pre-trip report/trip report!

Every day I will share a little bit about what I have planned, any updates and a little bit about our family! Would love to hear your comments and feedback!

Also, I am old school. I still have an excel spreadsheet. It is helpful to see everything laid out at once. It is still pretty warm here in the northeast so I've been able to set aside our shorts and skirts but we are still wearing tee shirts!

Updates: Our Magic Bands shipped today! WOOHOO! I also let our travel agent know that we would like adjoining rooms. Dad is planning on golfing a few mornings and I think that being able to open the door to Grammie and Auntie B's room will be helpful.

Arrival Day Plan (Day 1): Wheels up at 7:00am! We have an hour drive to the airport so we will be peeling everyone out of their beds at about 4:15am. I think the flight will actually go really well because we'll all be so groggy ha! DME to POP! where we can grab some lunch and hopefully the kids will nap in the stroller as I doubt our room will be ready by noon. We added a day to our trip so the first night we will be in a standard room at POP and then switch over to a preferred room on Day 2. Kind of hoping that we don't get a refurbished room because I am not going to want to leave! I figure if everyone is in good spirits we can head to Disney Springs but we are pretty much playing this day by ear. Early bedtimes for EVERYONE because I am sure we will all be wiped.

General thoughts: I keep going back to our carry on bags...what should I pack to make sure we have enough for the whole day if we can't get into our rooms?! Change of clothes, swim suits, loveys for the kids, some snacks, entertainment, and of course charging cords! I did get a sunblock stick so that I don't have to worry about carrying the liquid stuff.

A little about us: We (Mom and Dad) got engaged on our first Disney trip together in 2009! We went for the first time as a family in 2013 when Gman was 18 months old and it was my favorite trip yet! This will be BabyE's first time and we can't wait. She loves Belle and ElsaAnna (...yes they are one word ha!) Dad traveled to Disney yearly as a kid. I had my first trip at 5 with my Grandparents and didn't go back until I was 25! I made up for it though going at 25, 27, 28, 32 and now 36. We actually already have a 2018 trip planned...more on that later.

That is so funny. My now four year old said ElsaAnna- one word as well. I know she did it for at least a year. We took her at 2 and oh my goodness she fell in love. We are going back in 3 weeks. It's been two and a half years and she still talks about it and has already put in her requests for some things to see and ride this time. The Frozen ride was not there last time but I showed her a video and it is at the top of her list. Of course dressing up like a princess and eating in the castle with all the princesses is what she tells everyone she is going there to do. We might could just do those three things and make all of her dreams come true. I hope your family has a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter