I will miss in restaurant reviews

I agree somewhat but I also accept that vloggers may not be receiving ‘normal’ service, when staff are able to clearly see vlogging equipment and recognise that they are ‘influencers’. I also wonder how much it impacts on other diners, either from the distraction of the recording and/or because people are more/less likely to approach Pete and the team for a chat.

@shellybaxter - If you meant you will miss STEVE in dining reviews, there is a thread, currently right about yours, wishing him luck. Maybe you'd like to post there? I'm sure he'd appreciate seeing a message saying you'll miss him o the dining shows.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/best-of-luck-steve.3777793/page-4#post-61247190
During the recent CdF review, Pete announced that the team are no longer recording ‘in restaurant’ reviews, but rather taking copious notes and recording in the studio.

I'm very glad to hear this. I stopped watching the dining show a while ago because I just can't stand the in-restaurant recording. The background noise is awful and the sound quality suffers greatly. I got tired of struggling to hear what anyone was saying. If they are going back to the original format of recording in the studio, I will happily start listening again.

I'm very glad to hear this. I stopped watching the dining show a while ago because I just can't stand the in-restaurant recording. The background noise is awful and the sound quality suffers greatly. I got tired of struggling to hear what anyone was saying. If they are going back to the original format of recording in the studio, I will happily start listening again.
Agreed. I always continued to watch but the background noise and the fact that it’s blatantly obvious what they’re doing so you’d expect improved service ...makes me pleased about the change. Maybe they tweak the original a little and the end results will be better anyway.

If the team used a better microphone instead of just passing their cell phone around, I bet they could gate the microphone better so it's not insanely noisy while they're trying to speak.

Oh well though, looks like the decision has been made.

If the team used a better microphone instead of just passing their cell phone around, I bet they could gate the microphone better so it's not insanely noisy while they're trying to speak.

Oh well though, looks like the decision has been made.
@TomorrowlandKD I recently discussed this on another thread here,and admitted I thought there was a "background noise solution" as well (although I am NOT knowledgeable about that at ALL!), but think the solution they'e come up with dovetails the solution to both the noise and the "being flagged" when doing reviews. At least, I think that's the impetus being it.

I guess as long as they still show the restaurants and the food while doing the review in the studio that might be OK. I'm a visual person so I like seeing what the restaurant looks like as well as the food. BUT I do totally understand the why - they do seem to be getting flagged a lot and if they want to provide information on an honest experience they do need to change it up some.

If they're taking copious notes, they will probably be flagged as reviewers anyway.

I also, like OP, will miss the old way. Flagged or not, that was no big deal to me because everyone's experience is different anyway... so always took it as simply one more opinion. Noise in the recording, again not a big deal to me. The thing was, it was fun to me because it was different. Seeing someone's expression when they took a bite, seeing how busy or not it was, who laughed or not, etc. It gave a little of the magic of being there, kind of 'live action' even though it wasn't live at all.
To me, this show is just like Disney World in that's it's not just informative, but more importantly it's entertaining. That's why I've kept coming back for many, many years now. The reviews from inside the restaurants, rather than just another studio show, were not just informative and fun but also a nice welcome and refreshing change from the normal studio show.. so sure enjoyed it!
:goodvibes

Last edited:
I like the looser, vlog-style reviews (like on the Universal Edition).
But yes, in general, they're better in studio.

However, lettuce not forget this excellent vid from Crystal Palace!

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-1-47-46-am-png.407282

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-2-09-58-am-png.407290

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-2-10-31-am-png.407289

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-1-54-00-am-png.407285

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-1-54-48-am-png.407286

During the recent CdF review, Pete announced that the team are no longer recording ‘in restaurant’ reviews, but rather taking copious notes and recording in the studio.
I hope they still take pictures of the food, I need to know how big the portions are - I don't want to be that person landed with microscopic food on a huge plate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!