I will miss in restaurant reviews

This was MUCH nicer than passing the phone around not counting all the background noises. However, with the technology of editing and voicing over images on the screen, the show could be a notch more interesting and professional if they mixed in some in restaurant photos of the food and the atmosphere, a quick afterthought outside the restaurant about the meal overall, and then the full review and discussion in studio.

I do think maybe some pictures of the food and restaurant should be included. I recently watched a review on the Universal Chocolate restaurant and the background music made it hard to hear the comments. I did enjoy seeing the interaction with the waitress. I may have missed the vibe of the restaurant if the interaction was not shown.

I think it's fine to skip the in-restaurant review aspect if you're there strictly for the food, but those Crystal Palace snippets make it clear to me that in-restaurant reviews are beneficial when it's a meal with an experience involved. Sure, they can take some video without commentary and show that ahead of the panel's discussion, but I'd kind of like to see them dining in the moment when an experience is involved. I know I definitely would like to see this whenever the new Space restaurant opens.

Could this change also be because of the change to YouTube’s rules? Any videos that could be considered content for kids, even if it’s not directly aimed at them, are subject to different rules. They won’t have comments, info cards, or personalized ads and can’t be sponsored. Anything that could possibly be seen as appealing to children has to be marked as such (even videos uploaded before the change). In-theme park videos, even dining reviews, could be considered children’s content. Disney, and theme parks in general, are still primarily viewed as being aimed at kids, even if the DIS Unplugged content is not.

Crazily, I only know this because my niece is freaking out about losing her favorite channels. A lot of the lesser know Youtubers are warning their audience about deleting old videos and reduced content on other social media platforms, since it’s not as lucrative a job as it once was and they are in “CYA” mode.

Last edited:
Interesting. As an audio-only listener, I can only hope at least a little bit of attention may then be given to the audio versions of this and the other DIS podcasts. The last couple of episodes, back to November 1, are still not available on iTunes at this time.

I like the looser, vlog-style reviews (like on the Universal Edition).
But yes, in general, they're better in studio.

However, lettuce not forget this excellent vid from Crystal Palace!

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-1-47-46-am-png.407282

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-2-09-58-am-png.407290

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-2-10-31-am-png.407289

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-1-54-00-am-png.407285

screen-shot-2019-06-08-at-1-54-48-am-png.407286
That was such a fun night OH MY GOSH!! :flower1:

Interesting. As an audio-only listener, I can only hope at least a little bit of attention may then be given to the audio versions of this and the other DIS podcasts. The last couple of episodes, back to November 1, are still not available on iTunes at this time.

You can listen to the audio on the YouTube channels. It's also up on Google Podcast fairly quickly as well from what I notice. Last one was 3 days ago it seems?

You can listen to the audio on the YouTube channels.
Can you download it or do you have to be streaming? For those who don't have unlimited data plans, streaming can burn through data pretty quickly. I think it also runs down battery life faster than playing downloaded audio.

Can you download it or do you have to be streaming? For those who don't have unlimited data plans, streaming can burn through data pretty quickly. I think it also runs down battery life faster than playing downloaded audio.

So if you have YouTube premium you can download in the app. For those without I think there are 3rd party apps that download it for free.

Have unlimited data so can't speak to the 3rd party apps much.

I'm very glad to hear this. I stopped watching the dining show a while ago because I just can't stand the in-restaurant recording. The background noise is awful and the sound quality suffers greatly. I got tired of struggling to hear what anyone was saying. If they are going back to the original format of recording in the studio, I will happily start listening again.
Amen.

I think another reason they switched from in-restaurant reviews to in-studio may have to do with the fact that there were a couple videos where they were there do a dining review and then management at the restaurant would realize who they were and/or what they were doing and would comp their meals. I don't watch every dining show but I know this happened at least twice in recent memory (one being at AKL). Pete has stated many times they won't give a proper review of a meal/event if it is paid by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!