I wish Disney will start selling fastpasses....

BabybetterDisney

DIS Veteran
To the general public, not just club level guests. As long as they keep the prices high enough so that only a small percentage of the guests will buy them, it will make little impact on the fastpass system while generate income for Disney, and most importantly, it will enable people who want it to be able to buy it.

While it is not likely to be a popular idea, it is likely to be a viable idea. And OFF TO NEVERLAND made clear why it is a viable idea: Some people aren't going to have the inclination or the time to "put some work in".

To the general public, not just club level guests. As long as they keep the prices high enough so that only a small percentage of the guests will buy them, it will make little impact on the fastpass system while generate income for Disney, and most importantly, it will enable people who want it to be able to buy it.

No thanks. That's a slippery slope I don't want to stand on.
I wouldn't underestimate the number of people buying them and they'll all be buying them for FOP.

Why not suggest an upcharge on tickets used the first hour of the parks being opened as well. :rolleyes1

That really makes no logical sense. Some people have a hard enough time going to Disney to begin with, so now you want to take away a free perk for all the money they are spending to get in?! Sure. Sign me right up :sad2: There's no need to sell them. It's working just fine the way it is now. Those who stay in club level and went those extra three, have at it. I'll just continue with my initial three and refresh while in park getting FREE FP after FP

A lot of your threads seem to suggest a lot of upcharges to the general public to reduce effort on your part. While selling fastpasses may be more feasible to Disney than guaranteeing seating in all their hotel restaurants for hotel guests by offering surge pricing, I think it would end up being too much of a wildcard on crowd movement for Disney to invest on it in the near future. Disney has their crowd management to a science, and investing the calculation time into the differences it would cause vs the overall guest experience if they began selling fast passes to the general public is likely too much considering the current system works perfectly well (most days) and is currently equal access to people willing to put in the effort 60 or 30 days out. If you'd like to spend more $$ and avoid the effort -- buy club level rooms. :)

They already do.

See:
Early Morning Magic
Disney After Hours
Dining packages with attached FPs for shows
Private VIP tours

These are all essentially paid-for FP offerings disguised as packaged experiences that can be purchased by, as you say, the general public. And purchase them they do!

Honorable mention:
FP for buses = Minnie Vans

They already do.

See:
Early Morning Magic
Disney After Hours
Dining packages with attached FPs for shows
Private VIP tours

These are all essentially paid-for FP offerings disguised as packaged experiences that can be purchased by, as you say, the general public. And purchase them they do!

Honorable mention:
FP for buses = Minnie Vans

Yes, exactly this. And I'll throw the Frozen Dessert Party in EP in as well!

OP, anyone can book a private VIP tour and get unlimited FP+ for the duration of the tour. If you have about $4K (or $12K for the ultimate tour) to spare, your wish has already come true. So, book your VIP tour and make some ADR's. Then, I believe all of the problems you've been complaining about have been solved.

I too would be fine with them offering it to everyone at the high price and minimum purchase.
I'm staying CL next trip and did consider purchasing it but on top of what we are already paying it just seems like too steep of a price for me but if I were staying at a value I wouldn't mind the minimum of $150+tax per person.

Why? It already enables people to get them for free if you actually put some work in. ( for the hard to get ones )

I’m not going to pay for something I can easily get for free

Which is exactly the OP's point.
YOU don't have to. Those of us who do want to pay extra can.
Don't get me wrong I know how to get the FP+ I want and I never wait in a line more than 15 minutes and often end the day with 6-7 FP+ but I'd still appreciate the option.
As I said in my other post I'm staying CL this time and honestly decided the price was not worth it with how much I', already spending but if staying at a value I would not mind that minimum price.

Don't get me wrong I know how to get the FP+ I want and I never wait in a line more than 15 minutes and often end the day with 6-7 FP+ but I'd still appreciate the option.
As I said in my other post I'm staying CL this time and honestly decided the price was not worth it with how much I', already spending but if staying at a value I would not mind that minimum price.

I think the problem is, if you open it up for purchase to everyone, a surprising amount of people will opt to buy them. At that point, all people who want to ride the headliners with a fp will need to buy them as well. It won't matter that you know how to refresh and get more fp's. That option will become severely limited.

I think the problem is, if you open it up for purchase to everyone, a surprising amount of people will opt to buy them. At that point, all people who want to ride the headliners with a fp will need to buy them as well. It won't matter that you know how to refresh and get more fp's. That option will become severely limited.
I agree. It would significantly affect those not choosing to buy them.

Making fast passes available for purchase would radically change how they worked the fastpass system, which is something they spent a ton of money on to implement and get working. Their science and analytics told them that making the FP+ system in place now will get people to spend more time and money elsewhere in the park. I can almost guarantee they thought about charging for fastpasses, but their studies and research showed that wasn't the best method, and instead the FP+ system was. I'm sure the idea crosses their mind all of the time (since they're always looking for ways to get more money from people), but they've so far determined it's not the best thing to do. And as others have said, Disney cleverly disguises purchasable FP+ in the forms of tours, special events, etc. That's literally the whole point of afterhours; to ride the rides without a wait.

Making fast passes available for purchase would radically change how they worked the fastpass system, which is something they spent a ton of money on to implement and get working.
And something that they've significantly changed before after having done so.

Giving the option to buy them is one step closer to buying them being the only option.

Maybe not now, but years down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!