I wish he wouldn't do this to me

Domo

Wotcha
I'm slightly peeved.

A *friend* - who knows I am a conformed Christian and advocate peace to all men (!) keeps on insulting my religion and others around it, including Judaism and Islam. Nothing is safe from him. I keep on replying with "you keep your views to yourself and I'll keep mine to myself, no arguments, ok?" but he can't get away from thinking that religion is evil.

Well if someone thinks nothing of insulting you even after you've asked him not to discuss it, they must not think much of you. Doesn't sound like a true friend to me. I've had people I thought were friends just go toxic over religious differences or political ones. At some point you have to cut em loose. Don't hang around with toxic people.

If your "friend" keeps doing that after you told him not to do it, then he doesn't respect you and is no friend. I think he talks like that to get a raise out of you

Last edited:

Well if someone thinks nothing of insulting you even after you've asked him not to discuss it, they must not think much of you. Doesn't sound like a true friend to me. I've had people I thought were friends just go toxic over religious differences or political ones. At some point you have to cut em loose. Don't hang around with toxic people.

This.

I love a good discussion, even debate. As such, I have loads of friends with very different religious, political, and social beliefs. But the foundation of any relationship is respect and that means not insulting one another even when we disagree, or agreeing to disagree on subjects where our differences are too great to discuss a particular topic in a friendly manner. Someone who is repeatedly insulting over a difference in worldview isn't a friend, and life is too short and too full of other stress to waste time and energy on someone who is that insistent on tearing your values down.

He's baiting you. You can 1) Ignore it and talk to him about movies that made him cry or 2) Ignore him.:)

Look him directly in he eyes and ask, "Are you REALLY so desperate for attention that you contiunualy have to make an *** of yourself?"

My BFF & I are politically polar opposites. We respect each other's views. If your friend can't do that then they are not a friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter