I won the ShopDisney Now More Summer Fun Than Ever Contest!!!

frjohnk

Earning My Ears
Entered this contest with the expectation like every other contest that I would not win.

Well, I won.

I didnt believe it at first. When the email came, I quickly just skimmed over the email as my first thought it was a scam, cause, its more likely I would get a scam email about winning a trip to Disney as compared to an actual email saying I won a trip to Disney.

But the email looked pretty legit. Legit enough for another read. So I did. It started out
"Hi John
You recently participated in the “shopDisney Now More Summer Fun Than Ever Sweepstakes”. This is an official notification that you have been selected as a potential Grand Prize winner."

-this was true. It had ended the day before. So I read the rules of the contest. It said that they would draw for the prize the day after the contest was over and contact the winner.

Ok, so this looked pretty darn legit ( or scammers have taken it to the next level!) The email continued with the Grand Prize with a listing of the rules and regulations which included 4 nights at a deluxe resort hotel for 4 people, 4 disney tickets for 5 days, 4 flights, a VIP tour for 8 hours, $500 gift card, a signature dining experience.

The next part was this "YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS AND CONTACT US BEFORE THE DEADLINE IN ORDER TO REMAIN ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRAND PRIZE. ATTACHED DOCUMENTS: The following documents are attached for your review:1) Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (for winner), 2) W-9 Form (for winner), 3) Guest Travel Release (for guests) and 4) the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes. We will presume that you have received these documents the date they are sent. "

-By now, Im at this point, wanting to really believe but still a bit skeptical. My wife was with me in the kitchen, I said " I think we won a trip to Disney World, but Im not sure", of course she said "WHAT?"

I got her to read the email. I then google searched the company that was in charge of the contest. Looked for the guy that sent me the email and crossreferenced the guy that emailed me and the email on the website. It matched!!!! So I ended up phoning the number on the companies website to just see what it was all about. And sure enough, I was the potential grand prize winner. All I had to do was send in those documents within 3 days. Oh and because I am from Canada, I had to answer a skill testing question. 6+4-2. I answered the skill testing question correctly and got the documents sent within the day. I was officially the Grand Prize Winner. I was then told I would be contacted by someone from Disney within the next couple of weeks. It ended up being over a month, but I was finally contacted last week.

So being a family of 7, wife, myself, 4 daughters ages 10, 9, 7, 1.5 and a boy 4, I picked the 3 oldest children as my guests in the prize package. The wife will come with the two younger ones but we will have to pay for that.

In our questionairre we asked for 3 additional nights and also asked if we could upgrade to a room that will house the whole family. I said we would pay for the upgrades but understood if this would not work. We were fine to "downgrade" from a deluxe resort to a moderate if that would work. Our 3 dates we picked are in Jan and Feb 2020 as it would nice to go somewhere warm when its -30 to -40 here in Canada. I just sent this, so Im not sure what to expect back.

Kids are totally pumped, family and friends are super excited for us.

Entered this contest with the expectation like every other contest that I would not win.

Well, I won.

I didnt believe it at first. When the email came, I quickly just skimmed over the email as my first thought it was a scam, cause, its more likely I would get a scam email about winning a trip to Disney as compared to an actual email saying I won a trip to Disney.

But the email looked pretty legit. Legit enough for another read. So I did. It started out
"Hi John
You recently participated in the “shopDisney Now More Summer Fun Than Ever Sweepstakes”. This is an official notification that you have been selected as a potential Grand Prize winner."

-this was true. It had ended the day before. So I read the rules of the contest. It said that they would draw for the prize the day after the contest was over and contact the winner.

Ok, so this looked pretty darn legit ( or scammers have taken it to the next level!) The email continued with the Grand Prize with a listing of the rules and regulations which included 4 nights at a deluxe resort hotel for 4 people, 4 disney tickets for 5 days, 4 flights, a VIP tour for 8 hours, $500 gift card, a signature dining experience.

The next part was this "YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS AND CONTACT US BEFORE THE DEADLINE IN ORDER TO REMAIN ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRAND PRIZE. ATTACHED DOCUMENTS: The following documents are attached for your review:1) Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (for winner), 2) W-9 Form (for winner), 3) Guest Travel Release (for guests) and 4) the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes. We will presume that you have received these documents the date they are sent. "

-By now, Im at this point, wanting to really believe but still a bit skeptical. My wife was with me in the kitchen, I said " I think we won a trip to Disney World, but Im not sure", of course she said "WHAT?"

I got her to read the email. I then google searched the company that was in charge of the contest. Looked for the guy that sent me the email and crossreferenced the guy that emailed me and the email on the website. It matched!!!! So I ended up phoning the number on the companies website to just see what it was all about. And sure enough, I was the potential grand prize winner. All I had to do was send in those documents within 3 days. Oh and because I am from Canada, I had to answer a skill testing question. 6+4-2. I answered the skill testing question correctly and got the documents sent within the day. I was officially the Grand Prize Winner. I was then told I would be contacted by someone from Disney within the next couple of weeks. It ended up being over a month, but I was finally contacted last week.

So being a family of 7, wife, myself, 4 daughters ages 10, 9, 7, 1.5 and a boy 4, I picked the 3 oldest children as my guests in the prize package. The wife will come with the two younger ones but we will have to pay for that.

In our questionairre we asked for 3 additional nights and also asked if we could upgrade to a room that will house the whole family. I said we would pay for the upgrades but understood if this would not work. We were fine to "downgrade" from a deluxe resort to a moderate if that would work. Our 3 dates we picked are in Jan and Feb 2020 as it would nice to go somewhere warm when its -30 to -40 here in Canada. I just sent this, so Im not sure what to expect back.

Kids are totally pumped, family and friends are super excited for us.

WOW!!! That is truly exciting!! :cheer2:

This is amazing!! Congrats!!

I don't blame you for being skeptical haha but I'm glad it worked out! Can't wait to hear how Disney will accomadate you family!!

Congrats again!

PS. I always wondered if anyone ever won those things lol

A bit of an update on this.

We asked to be downgraded so that the family could stay together and Disney was very accommodating for us.

We have 2 little mermaid rooms adjoining for 8 nights at the end of Jan. We have extended our trip by 4 more nights.

Next phase of booking is the flights. There is only 1 non stop flight per week on Fridays, so we asked for that one. If that doesnt work, then an early flight was fine. As for departure from Orlando, we asked for a late morning, early afternoon departure as we dont want to get up too early after what I would expect would be a late night.

Update

Flights
We have a non stop flight on the Friday. Leave at 2:30 our time, get into Orlando at 7:50pm Orlando time
Leave the next saturday at 11:30am, with 1 stop, get home at 7:30.

Our 180 days came already and we booked
-Akershus for 8:25am on the Saturday
-Be Our Guest at 8:15 on Sunday

Our plan is to hit Epcot on Saturday, ride FEA right after breakfast, have a FP for TT at some point in the day and enjoy this park till mid afternoon or so.

On Sunday we will hit 7DMT after BOG breakfast and then do Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, then Adventureland. We hope to get FPs for Buzz/Space, BTMR and Splash

Monday, Tuesday are tentatively scheduled DS and AK.
For DS I think we will RD GE, get there early and try to get on one of those rides with minimal wait. FP SDD, Jedi training, ToT are other major things we plan to hit.
AK we plan to FP FOP, EE and the Safari. Hit up Dinoland and then watch a few of the shows

We want to experience each park before we go on our VIP tour, which we plan to do on the Wednesday.

Thursday and Friday are open right now, but as we get closer we will have a plan for those days. Thursday could be Sea World.

We still have a Signature Restaurant to book, not sure which one we will book yet.

I have to say that Disney has been super accommodating for us.

I have to say I never thought real people won these things. Congrats! and have a blast!!!
I thought the same. My second oldest daughter absolutely loved Disneyland ( well, all the kids did two years ago, but her especially) and I had joked to her last year " should we enter one of these Disney contests so we can go again?" She said "YES"!!!!

So she would always bug me to enter and then ask me " do you think we will win?" Being a good father I would tell her"Im pretty sure we will win" but thinking we will never win.

Now she expects us to win more contests :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter