I wonder how the Studios will handle the Toy Story and Star Wars queues

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by DisneyChristmas, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

:rotfl:

I was thinking along these lines (sort of) too. I know people will say "no, I'm the biggest Star Wars nerd ever", but I also know a few and we've all been going to comic book conventions since the 80's. None of them have any pressing plans to go to WDW for this. The nostalgia factor is slightly diminished with the prequel movies. Not that they were bad movies, but...

Will it be as big as Potter? Sure, maybe bigger. But not these biblical proportion crowds that people are predicting. Besides, most of the fans I know won't even be able to afford to go at the rate things are going!

But we shall see. We aren't going back until 2020/2021 so we will have a good picture by then.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. MolonLabe

MolonLabe DTOM

I don't think we'll see fights but people will be upset and it will be chaos. I've seen lines at FOP stretch to Africa and once within spitting distance of Lion King. That's just insane to me. I can't imagine waiting like that. We've done FOP about 6 or 7 times now with FP's. It's a great ride but nothing is worth 3+ hours.

It'll definitely be interesting and I do think it'll increase attendance at other parks as people park hop or use extra tickets for other parks once they realize how crazy it will be. The difference I see here from Pandora is that Avatar was was a long time ago and the following of SW dwarfs that of Avatar by leaps and bounds. Pandora land isn't that crazy, other than wait times. You can roam around, get photopass photos and magic shots with reasonable waits and eat at the canteen without too much effort, even during the week between Christmas and NY this year, other than the lines, the land wasn't *that* bad. Considering it was the busiest week of the year pretty much.

SW is going to be themed as deeply as Pandora which means you'll have tons of people milling around, looking and trying to get pictures and selfies in front of every single thing there. I agree it'll be pure madness. Minus the fisticuffs anyway, lol

Our AP runs out October this year. Given all the nonsense, we won't be renewing for a couple of years. It's time to do the US/Sea World gig again and see some new places. Girls are getting older and more exotic locations are calling.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kreckl

kreckl DIS Veteran

Why so nuts in the middle of January??

5. kreckl

kreckl DIS Veteran

We were planning to go back to WDW in the next year or two- but now I'm wondering about the timeline/crowds. Can someone clue me in as to the schedule of all of this new stuff? TIA!

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  6. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Check the link in my signature!

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  7. kreckl

kreckl DIS Veteran

Don't see any?

8. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

rteetz likes this.
  9. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Are you on your phone? You have to turn the phone sideways to see signatures

rteetz likes this.
  10. WDW_Ding

WDW_Ding Ohana means family.

I hope you are right. I'm just certain that the crowds, the wait times, the heat, and the general expense of vacationing at WDW will put a lot of stress on people. And some might act out.

MolonLabe likes this.
  11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Good thing is the main entrance goes right past the Baseline Taphouse - so alcohol should help keep tempers down ;)

MolonLabe, BigRed98 and WDW_Ding like this.
  12. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

You’re sure the line won’t extend up to outside your rooms door?

13. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

Poooooppp...I've talked myself into club level with extra fps for swl. I Hate the idea of planning 90 days in advance for freaking wdw, but I'm going to treat it like dragoncon and make it work I guess. You think the lines will extend to the yc?

umichigan10 likes this.
  14. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

Possibly the MK toll plaza so maybe go for the poly.

I admire your determination to not give into extreme planning for WDW (tho I do enjoy planning myself). Fight the man

15. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

I am so much! I mean it's wdw, not the storming of normandy.

I booked my late sept. trip 5 days out, got the flights, hotel, restaurants and fop and fea fps with no problems. I always find it much ado about nothing...but the nerd love of sw should not be underestimated. If *im* willing to plan to be there, it's going to be nuts.

What time do we think people will start camping out for the line opening day? I see a tent city in the future. You think Disney will allow it or will they shut off access to the front of the parks somehow until like 5am or something? How early did people line up for pandora? I thought it was 5?

umichigan10 likes this.
  16. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

On the fast pass vein I’ve never had issues getting fast passes for popular rides 60 days out. We always used to go in the summer too so it’s not exactly a slow time. Lucky I guess?

Im way too anxious to not plan my vacation at all. But kudos to you, you’re a member of a dying breed

17. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

A decade of business travel at a moments notice (seriously all of a sudden you gotta run home and pack and head for the airport same day) makes travel no big deal in general. Also, im usually just traveling with someone else equally nonplussed about the small stuff, so it's easy. If things so sideways, just grab a few drinks until things are chill again.

mdsouth and umichigan10 like this.
  18. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

Sounds like you live the hakuna matata life

amberpi likes this.
  19. kreckl

kreckl DIS Veteran

20. kreckl

kreckl DIS Veteran

No, I'm on my computer....??

21. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

That’s weird that signatures aren’t showing up then.