I95 through Jacksonville!!! How bad?

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
I leave Wed. and was checking out construction along our way and noticed I95 through Jacksonville has bridge construction. (When doesn't it!?) I checked on the I95 site and it says to expect major delays and stopped traffic. I hate driving through here anyhow because there has been construction for the last few years. Anyone driven through recently?

Should I take 295 around? How much longer will that take?

Everytime I drive to FL I always hit stopped traffic around Jacksonville!

Can't say for sure now--but I'm no fan of I95 thru Jacksonville even when there is no construction. When we go in Sept. I'm taking 295 around the city. Previous posts suggest this isn't too bad and dosen't amount to a whole lot of extra time. One thing for sure-it's got to be easier on the nerves!!
Please post when you return and let us know how the traffic was--

I thought it was pretty bad when we drove through there a few months ago. Seemed like the construction never ended. To make matters worse, we rolled through during am rush hour, and although traffic was moving, it was hectic at times. If I were to do it again, I'd probably look at an alternative route for sure, especially if the construction's still going on.

I think I will try 295 around. I would rather take a little longer than have a headache!

If you have AAA, they do a great job on their trip direction printouts of updating you on road constructions and delays. I too hate the Jacksonville area. My DH does most of our trip driving. On our first trip driving down together, he had drove the whole way untill we got to the Flordia welcome center. He asked if Iwould give him a break.I said sure not having any idea what was comming up. I hate driving on bridges and yes there was bridge constructin then. It has become a joke that DH not ask me to drive in Flordia!

Jordan's mom

We always take the 295 by pass no matter when we go down!! I don't think they ever stop doing work on 95 in Jacksonville - they just start over again once they are done!!;)

Hi! On our way down we did the by pass around 2:30 in the afternoon. Traffic was terrible after we got back on 95. We came to a standstill and moved very slowly for the next hour or so.

We left the CBR at 7:00 a.m. on a Monday morning for the trip home. This time we kept on 95 without doing the by pass. I think we beat all the morning commuters - made it back to Maryland in 13.5 hours! This was staying within 10 miles of the speed limit. Didn't run into any back-ups, stopped only for gas twice and lunch (ate in the car).

There was radar set-up right after leaving the by pass. It looked like people surveying but was really the speed gun. Cops on motorcycles were pulling lots of people over!!

Have fun,
Carole

Well I used 295 around Jacksonville and I will never drive through Jacksonville again. It was an easy trip and only a few minutes longer, but no worry of stopped traffic.

295 is the way to go.

After nearly getting sideswiped in Jacksonville in '97, I have always driven around since then, except for once at 4 AM when there was no-one else on the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter