ID needed?

Adding to the "asked for ID when using AP" poll: DH usually gets asked, I usually don't wait and offer the trifecta (i.e. AP, ID, and credit card) at the beginning of the transaction (food or merchandise). This is usually met with a big smile and a "Thank You!" One CM just about hugged me. When I asked why it was such a big deal, she said that the guest before had bawled her out for asking to see his ID. She said this happens more often than you would think. That made me sad, so now I just hand over the goods with a smile at the get go to make things easier for the CMs.

Haha! I get the same gleeful reaction because I always have my ID and AP out and arranged for easy viewing/scanning. I use my phone (Google Pay) to pay now, though, but my credit card used to be included.

On one hand I'm glad such a little thing made a CM happy. On the other I'm so sad that they've had that bad of an experience.

Does anyone know if the id can be an international drivers' license? Or will I need to bring my passport into the parks (I hate to do this).

They were okay with my German one.

I was told they need picture ID if the purchase is over 50 Dollars once. But that definitely hasn't been the norm for me. I was ID'd for a package of popcorn at the candy place last year.

... On one hand I'm glad such a little thing made a CM happy. On the other I'm so sad that they've had that bad of an experience.
Right? I just figure that I'm going to be asked, so I might as well have everything ready to go. But I do miss the days when our APs had our photos on them. It was a little more fun and special being able to use your pass in the one place where it could count as photo ID!

While CMs are always supposed to ask for it when an AP is used for discounts, I’m probably only asked for it about 25% of the time.
They probably recognize you. You should probably have your own parking space.....
When I had an AP at DL, they asked for ID every time I used it for a discount.

I think the issue was at WDW, where they do finger scanners instead of pictures. But, so often, people assume (or openly, incorrectly say) that it happened at both resorts or that the rules of one are the process at both.
That could be, except that the majority of the time when the CM sees that gold card they wave you thru. One time they scanned my pass and then asked me to spell my last name and did not ask for ID. Universal Orlando asks for ID every time I park.

Last edited:
I've never been asked for ID entering the parks, even when we didn't have photos loaded on the tickets/APs (at first entry or because of a glitch one time that lasted the whole day - they just reminded us each time to go to the ticket booth to have it fixed at some point). I'm rarely asked for ID when using an AP discount. I always take it out along with the other cards so I have it ready, and I think since they see I'm willing to show ID that's good enough. We don't buy a lot of merch so maybe that's why. I can't remember ever being asked when buying food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!