ID required to give a team member a commendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDisneyKid

Expedition Everest Record Holder
Went to quest services to let them know about a team member who went out of their way to help me. I was blown away when the lady asked me for ID. I asked her since when was Universal was a police park. She told me they need an ID to start the process. I walked out. What next?? ID to use express pass??

Providing Identity in this case makes sense to me - fwiw Disney scanned my MB when I made a CM comment and I would have gladly shown my ID. Sorry but I don't understand why showing ID would be an issue in this case?

Am I right - A TM gave such exemplary performance that you went out of your way to make a complement - then you skipped out on giving that compliment because another TM was doing their job properly?

Providing Identity in this case makes sense to me - fwiw Disney scanned my MB when I made a CM comment and I would have gladly shown my ID. Sorry but I don't understand why showing ID would be an issue in this case?

Am I right - A TM gave such exemplary performance that you went out of your way to make a complement - then you skipped out on giving that compliment because another TM was doing their job properly?

I showed her my AP but still wanted ID (which BTW I never carry)

You should always carry ID. And calling Universal a "police park" because they asked for ID is laughable.

Yes, I`m struggling to understand the OP`s reluctance to show ID even if he was carrying it.

A police park is quite funny......never equated being asked for ID to that!

Policies are created for a reason and the consumer sometimes may not get it from the outside looking in, but the employee knows the reasoning for the regulation. For some rules, I'm sure even employees do not even know the reasoning for certain regulations. I am referring generally, not specifically just this situation. As I know when I've been employed in certain positions in the past, sometimes I'd understand the reasoning of some rules and sometimes due to lack of general knowledge, experience, or point of view I wouldn't understand, however I understood that it's all for a reason.

Besides, anyone should their ID on them at all times if they're over 18. Anything can happen.

I showed her my AP but still wanted ID (which BTW I never carry)

Carry your ID.

And insurance card. And cash. And a CC.

Contingency plans if the day goes a different way than anticipated.

And then it’s no biggie to show that you’re not a TM being sneaky.

Also easily shows that you’re a sweetie who compliments TMs. I’d they are like Disney they keep notes on such things.

Alas, you left.

I would imagine the need for ID is required for both complaints and praise, probably the same form. If you were going to complain about a TM, giving ID would be necessary to stop people from laying complaints every trip to try and benefit from Universal's generosity in "making things right".

The Constitution protects us from being forced to produce an ID unless we're engaged in illegal activity, or there's a reasonable suspicion that we're about to be. It will become a police state when a police officer can stop you and ask for an ID instead of just asking you to identify yourself.

That's hardly what is happening here.

I think Universal is asking for an ID because someone in the past "stuffed the box," meaning someone went around using false names to give a lot of compliments to a certain TM.

BTW, I always carry my ID. It helps to identify me if ZI get hit by a bus. :)

Universal and Disney are private property so there is nothing wrong in having them ask for ID.

Anyone who has been to an airport in the past 15+ yrs knows that an ID is required to check-in for your flight as well as pass the TSA security area. There is no law that says you need to be suspected of committing a crime for authorities to ask for your ID, that is nonsense.

Universal and Disney are private property so there is nothing wrong in having them ask for ID.

Anyone who has been to an airport in the past 15+ yrs knows that an ID is required to check-in for your flight as well as pass the TSA security area. There is no law that says you need to be suspected of committing a crime for authorities to ask for your ID, that is nonsense.

Funny after you make a dining reservation with Disney they dont ask ask for ID when you check in to the restaurant to eat you meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter