Idea for dad gift/experience in Disney

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
I need help with a super last minute gift idea for my father in-laws birthday. Long story short the plan we had to chip in on a gift fell through today and we are 7 hours away and his birthday is today. We are giving his mom a “certificate” to the grand Floridian tea room for our September trip as a mother’s say gift so we are trying to think of something we can do for his dad that we can just tell him about today. We don’t want it to look like we forgot to mail him his gift. He doesn’t golf and is in his 70’s. I’m completely drawing a blank on ideas. All the tours seem lengthy and he wouldn’t be into spa stuff. Help!

Does he not like the tea and can join his wife there?

Perhaps a certificate to Dining with an Imagineer? Go book a reservation ASAP and see if you can get it before making the certificate?

Does he not like the tea and can join his wife there?

Perhaps a certificate to Dining with an Imagineer? Go book a reservation ASAP and see if you can get it before making the certificate?

He doesn’t drink tea, we are doing that as a girls thing. Dining with an Imagineer is all booked for the dates we are there....good thinking though.

He doesn’t drink tea, we are doing that as a girls thing. Dining with an Imagineer is all booked for the dates we are there....good thinking though.

Hmm, what does he like? Have you called to see if there are any openings for a single person for Dining with an Imagineer (in case you want to let him go by himself ;) .) Just in case there is some cancellation?

Fireworks Dessert Party or cruise? He probably wouldn't like a massage....hmm

We did a fishing excursion and it was fabulous! We booked one that started at 6 am so we were done by 10. Birnbaums WDW tour book typically has a 20% off coupon for it which saved us a lot. It's not cheap, but we did it several years ago and everyone still talks about it as the best thing we've done in Disney!

Thanks everyone. I loved the fireworks cruise idea but hubby thought it was a waste of money since we will be staying at Bay Lake Tower and have access to the Lounge every night anyway. We told him his gift was being mailed this week. Still trying to brainstorm. FIL is not a foodie even a little bit, so he wouldn’t like most of the fancy restaurants. Loving al the recommendations though.

Does he golf? There are a few good courses on property. If he like the pool, a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon could work. ( I think you can do these in advance ).

What about a tour - Keys to the Kingdom is very cool. They have several for each park so there may be something that trips his trigger if Magic Kingdom isn't his thing.

Oohhh, or a massage at Mandara Spa at Dolphin/Swan.

Thanks again for the tips, we went with the amphicar and lunch at the boat house. Typed up a certificate and mailed it to him with MIL mother’s day gift. it was an underwhelming response but oh well. I’m sure he will enjoy it when we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter